[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-15-2016 , 22:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The clipping still seems to be a problem, at least with the grenade launcher. Even if I switch to 3rd person, I'll have my grenade launcher in hand, plus my other weapon on my back PLUS the grenade launcher. Didn't check to see if a map change fixes it, but I still see the problem with the grenade launcher.
Try the new version i'm about to post and let me know, whatever issues that arise. I broke the save for afk in the last 2-3 versions so this one fixes it and changes the activation to a timer instead of item_pickup which should always reactivate onclientpostadmincheck...the clipping is practically non existant but it still crops up, eventually i'll get it sorted...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-16-2016 , 18:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #182

v2.6 TEST VERSION RELEASED
Added splitscreen support.
Added cvar l4d_me_afksave, saving while afk is now optional(because of possible exploit).
Added cvar l4d_me_view, showing extra equipment is now optional(because of clipping issues).
Reworked activation again for bot player workaround for splitscreen.
Removed showing extra equipment on bots to correct clipping issues in splitscreen.
Possibly corrected clipping issues by adding ViewOn[client]=false to the activation timer.
Test this on your own or disable viewing of extra items by cfg cvar.
***MAKE SURE YOU DELETE YOUR OLD CFG WHEN YOU UPDATE***

Please test this and let me know how it goes, I haven't had much time lately to game...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-16-2016 at 18:43.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-17-2016 , 12:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #183

Sev, i've discovered what was causing the clipping issues and why my fixes weren't working. Basically the auto thirdpersonshoulder feature I put in wasn't re-triggering after coming back from afk, so it wouldn't hide the extra items in firstperson, I have corrected this by setting a timer to trigger right when coming back from afk. All clipping issues should be fixed in the next version, later today...
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2016 , 12:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #184

Sounds good.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-17-2016 , 18:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #185

Now that i've worked out all the problems with the plugin, i'll be cleaning up the code and also v2.7 will only have 1 update so far which is custom chat or hint welcome message cvar for servers. I'll also be removing the menu and mode 2 in a future update, as well as possibly adding a second save load system for afk, depending on how difficult this will be to implement. It could effectively double the code almost, unless anyone has some ideas on coding it. Any bugs or feature requests in the meantime, let me know.

EDIT - Ok I lied, still have a clipping bug I can't seem to fix, this clipping issue happens on map change when a player spawns on the next map, you appear to have an extra gun but you can't switch to it, it won't go away either when switching to thirdperson and back again, which it should, i'll get to the bottom of it now that i know what i'm looking for, all previous bugs caused by clipping are gone however i'm not sure if the system still works on seeing others with extra weapons...at all times.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-17-2016 at 23:14.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-18-2016 , 16:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #186

I'd like to present to you all...

VERSION 2.4
Added afk feature, now saves and loads equipment if you go afk.
Added reactivate feature, on map change you can freely switch items without having to pick anything up.
Added primary weapon workaround, all primary weapons now retain 1 bullet before the gun completely empties, so u can switch.
Added new thirdperson !eview auto feature, this command has been deactivated, when you switch to thirdpersonshoulder it will activate !eview.
Removed M60 code from the plugin, it's no longer necessary with Deathchaos's Prevent M60 Drop now working.

VERSION 2.5
Reworked activation into OnClientPostAdminCheck timer.
Reworked player_bot_replace and bot_player_replace to correct detaching item entities causing item clipping as well as fixing afk saving of equipment.
Removed code causing loose indentation warning on compile, it's no longer necessary.
***NOTE*** - Be aware that at this moment using the afk saving feature can be considered an exploit, I haven't tested this but I do assume that saving your equipment mid-map, if you lose the round will most likely cause you to load your equipment from when you went afk...I will correct this either by making it optional by cvar or what I prefer is by seperating the loading code so it only works when going afk and not at map start...basically requiring two loading equipment systems...

VERSION 2.6
Added splitscreen player support.
Removed showing extra equipment on splitscreen players to fix item clipping issues.
Added cvar l4d_me_afksave, saving while afk is now optional(because of possible exploit).
Added cvar l4d_me_view, showing extra equipment is now optional(because of clipping issues).
Reworked activation and auto thirdpersonshoulder extra equipment showing into OnGameFrame.
Added player_disconnect event pre hook to remove all items from fully disconnected players.
Added clipping fix to item_pickup so it will trigger everytime an item is picked up.
Added timer to bot_player_replace to correct clipping issues when coming back from afk.
From my testing all clipping issues seem to be resolved, if not let me know...
Some unnecessary code has also been removed.
***ONLY USE MODE 1 FROM NOW ON, MODE TWO SEEMS TO BE BROKEN***
***IN A FUTURE RELEASE I WILL BE REMOVING MODE 2 AND THE MENU***

VERSION 2.7
Added cvar l4d_me_custom_notify, you can now setup a chat/hint welcome message for your server.
Added cvar l4d_me_custom_notify_msg, change this to the message you would like to be displayed.
Reworked activation into player_spawn, initially I had issues but worked them out.
Modified afk saving slightly, as well as player_spawn to add RemoveItemAttach after equipment loads.
This seems to have resolved the spawn clipping issue where it looks like you have an extra weapon.
*Update* Prevent M60 Drop - Added bot check fix in M60_Ammo timer for splitscreen players losing reserve ammo.

GUNCONTROL
Use GunControl from here it has been modified to work with Multiple Equipment.
Added a cvar for M60AmmoReserve into the config, no need to put it in server.cfg anymore.

PREVENT M60 DROP
Use Deathchaos's Prevent M60 Drop from here it has been modified to work with Multiple Equipment.

Please report any bugs you may experience and i'll fix them when I can. Enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d_multiple_equipment.smx (26.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_multiple_equipment.sp - 182 views - 51.4 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_guncontrol.smx (12.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_guncontrol.sp - 151 views - 23.1 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.smx (6.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp - 165 views - 5.2 KB)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-18-2016 at 22:20.
Krufftys Killers
Old 04-18-2016 , 21:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Now that i've worked out all the problems with the plugin, i'll be cleaning up the code and also v2.7 will only have 1 update so far which is custom chat or hint welcome message cvar for servers. I'll also be removing the menu and mode 2 in a future update, as well as possibly adding a second save load system for afk, depending on how difficult this will be to implement. It could effectively double the code almost, unless anyone has some ideas on coding it. Any bugs or feature requests in the meantime, let me know.

EDIT - Ok I lied, still have a clipping bug I can't seem to fix, this clipping issue happens on map change when a player spawns on the next map, you appear to have an extra gun but you can't switch to it, it won't go away either when switching to thirdperson and back again, which it should, i'll get to the bottom of it now that i know what i'm looking for, all previous bugs caused by clipping are gone however i'm not sure if the system still works on seeing others with extra weapons...at all times.
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.smx":
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] [0] Line 184, C:\Users\MasterMind\Desktop\Multiple Equipment Reborn\l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp::IsSurvivor()
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] [1] Line 48, C:\Users\MasterMind\Desktop\Multiple Equipment Reborn\l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp::M60AmmoCheck ()
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:53: Error log file session closed.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-18-2016 , 22:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #188

Ok so as it stands the clipping issue of items is still present, i'm not giving up on this...however this will take me some time to fix, hence why I added the cvar to disable the viewing of extra items. So those of you that don't want to deal with it can disable it. As the mod stands it's fully functional other than mode 2, that I broke along the way lol. So as far as i'm concerned its no longer necessary and will be removed along with the menu to change modes...if any of you using this still have problems or find new bugs let me know...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-18-2016 , 22:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.smx":
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] [0] Line 184, C:\Users\MasterMind\Desktop\Multiple Equipment Reborn\l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp::IsSurvivor()
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:48: [SM] [1] Line 48, C:\Users\MasterMind\Desktop\Multiple Equipment Reborn\l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp::M60AmmoCheck ()
L 04/18/2016 - 21:55:53: Error log file session closed.
Thanks i'll look into it...I see what I did wrong already, i'll have a fixed version up within the next 30 minutes.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-18-2016 at 22:06.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-18-2016 , 22:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #190

Ok Krufftys Killers link above has been updated, let me know if you still have a problem