Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.

Post New Thread Reply   

zaCade
Old 10-03-2017 , 08:41   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #11

Well the wierd thing is, that after searching into wich models are beign set and when, the .kv file only seems to define wich default player models are beign used on the map and wich arms go with it. This doesnt seem to apply to the CUSTOM models we use on our server, they always get the same model or none at all (wich results in invisible gloves). So in that conclusion the CUSTOM player models have a default model wich gets applied, but it doesnt always get applied.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2017 , 09:24   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #12

The question is more why on some maps like cs_office custom armmodels first show up but after a second the armmodel that comes with the map is applied again so we got got the overlapping issue and on some maps like de_dust2 all works normal......
zaCade
Old 10-03-2017 , 10:34   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #13

Are you using "m_szArmsModel" in those situations? Because thats what causes the overlapping in that case.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2017 , 13:44   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaCade View Post
Well the wierd thing is, that after searching into wich models are beign set and when, the .kv file only seems to define wich default player models are beign used on the map and wich arms go with it. This doesnt seem to apply to the CUSTOM models we use on our server, they always get the same model or none at all (wich results in invisible gloves). So in that conclusion the CUSTOM player models have a default model wich gets applied, but it doesnt always get applied.
sorry i do not understand what you mean by
Quote:
This doesnt seem to apply to the CUSTOM models we use on our server
ofcourse the KV does not apply to the custom model...
most of the map uses offical player models and arms....

Last edited by 8guawong; 10-03-2017 at 13:45.
zaCade
Old 10-03-2017 , 15:32   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #15

What i ment is that the .kv file arms dont apply to the custom player models in question. But as long as you use default models the arms will work, atleast on the few maps i tried. I just kindof assumed the arms beign set in the .kv also would apply the the custom models, wich is NOT the case.
Furthermore i bumped an issue on the valve github, because from all the testing i've done it seems the only solution so far is to either wait for valve to fix it or use "m_szArmsModel", wich sadly causes overlapping gloves in some situations.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2017 , 16:51   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #16

m_hMyWearables refers to an entity type. Not sure of the classname off the top of my head.

Maybe hook on entity created, check for the classname and attempt to set arms before or after dispatch spawn is called.

You might get lucky.
Old 10-03-2017 , 22:26   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #17

Only way for maps like cs_office ect. seems to be removing removing all lines that points to the playermodels and armmodels in gamemodes.txt .......
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2017 , 22:44   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaCade View Post
What i ment is that the .kv file arms dont apply to the custom player models in question. But as long as you use default models the arms will work, atleast on the few maps i tried. I just kindof assumed the arms beign set in the .kv also would apply the the custom models, wich is NOT the case.
Furthermore i bumped an issue on the valve github, because from all the testing i've done it seems the only solution so far is to either wait for valve to fix it or use "m_szArmsModel", wich sadly causes overlapping gloves in some situations.
oh so you mean why custom models can't use offical arms?
Kinsi
Old 10-04-2017 , 01:23   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #19

Started to experience this recently as well, i guess the issue isn't in my code after all.
Old 10-04-2017 , 12:24   Re: [CSGO] Gloves/Arms beign invisible/glitchy.
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
oh so you mean why custom models can't use offical arms?
Pretty much yea, because from what it seems as soon as you swap to a custom model, the arms break.
But as stated i bumped an issue on valve's github and they are looking into the issue so for now we just have to fix it with the netprop way. (Wich sadly causes some overlapping in some situations)