Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/HL2:DM] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    A very simple plugin that applies impulses to ragdolls as well as the ability to delete/dissolve over time.
    Old 04-05-2011 , 10:56   [CS:S/HL2:DM] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    • This is a very simple plugin I've been using for over a year now; most of the features can already be found in existing plugins, but they were outdated and caused server crashes.
    Features:
    • Provides an alternative to an outdated dissolver plugin with a few more features.
    • You can apply impulses to player ragdolls after a player dies, which results in rather comical effects. It's often to see a ragdoll fly across the map and smack into a wall with higher values.
    • Delete, or dissolve, ragdolls after x seconds of them being spawned, which is great for removing clutter on the map.
    ConVars:
    • sm_ragdolls_enabled ~ Enables/Disables all features of this plugin.
    • sm_ragdolls_mode ~ If enabled, ragdolls will be exaggerated upon death.
    • sm_ragdolls_exaggerate_x ~ The 'x' factor to be applied on exaggerated ragdolls.
    • sm_ragdolls_exaggerate_y ~ The 'y' factor to be applied on exaggerated ragdolls.
    • sm_ragdolls_exaggerate_z ~ The 'z' factor to be applied on exaggerated ragdolls.
    • sm_ragdolls_dissolve ~ The dissolve effect to be used. (-1 = Disabled, 0 = Energy, 1 = Light, 2 = Heavy, 3 = Core)
    • sm_ragdolls_delay ~ The delay after a body is created that it is deleted or dissolved.
    • sm_ragdolls_magnitude ~ The magnitude of the dissolve effect.
    Notes:
    • To delete ragdolls, rather than dissolve them, set sm_ragdolls_dissolve to -1 and sm_ragdolls_delay to a value above 0.0
    • By enabling sm_ragdolls_mode and setting sm_ragdolls_exaggerate_* to high values, you may experience weird effects. For example, setting only the 'z' factor will result in ragdolls shooting up into the sky upon death.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_ragdolls.sp - 13866 views - 6.8 KB)

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 11-05-2012 at 22:02. Reason: Feedback given
    alexip121093
    Old 04-05-2011 , 11:09   Re: [Any] Simple Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #2

It will not work on l4d ?
    Good Little Panda
    Old 04-05-2011 , 11:12   Re: [Any] Simple Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #3

Hmm, I forgot L4D1/2 were wiggy with their ragdolls and clients... I'll remove the [Any] and replace it with something else, as I really don't want to try and fix it >.<.
    Old 04-26-2011 , 14:15   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #4

thetwistedpanda how can i prevent ragdoll from being deleted when i use CS_RespawnPlayer? i respawn player 0.5 sec after death..

Last edited by klausenbusk; 04-26-2011 at 17:04.
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 04-28-2011 , 08:05   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #5

If you simply want the ragdolls to be exaggerated, set sm_ragdolls_delay to 0.0 and sm_ragdolls_dissolve to -1. That should accomplish it.
    Old 04-28-2011 , 08:48   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #6

Doesn't work, i think you have misunderstood me?
    When i respawn a player with "CS_RespawnPlayer" their old ragdoll was deleted.
    But i will have when i respawn a player, their ragdoll not should be deleted so i can use you dissolv plugin
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 04-28-2011 , 09:07   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #7

Yeah i'm not understanding you. If you want the ragdoll to be dissolved at the moment a player is respawned, you're best bet is to integrate it into the plugin you're currently working with. However, if you want the body to be dissolved as soon as the player dies or shortly after, this one can accomplish it.
    Old 04-28-2011 , 09:37   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #8

In my respawn plugin i have: (not full code)
    PHP Code:
    HookEvent("player_death"Event_PlayerDeathEventHookMode_Post);

public 
    Action:Event_PlayerDeath(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
    {
        new 
    client GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event,"userid"));

CreateTimer(0.5RespawnPlayerclient);
        return 
    Plugin_Continue;
    }

public 
    Action:RespawnPlayer(Handle:timerany:client)
    {
        if (
    IsClientConnected(client) && GetClientTeam(client) > && !IsPlayerAlive(client))
        {

CS_RespawnPlayer(client);
        }

But when a player respawn, become their ragdoll deleted.
    What I wanted is:
    When a player death, it respawn 0.5 sec after.
    2.0 after their respawned their "death ragdoll" should been dissolved.

But it not seems to be possible, because when i respawn a player with "CS_RespawnPlayer" their "death ragdoll", will be deleted when they spawn again
    understand?
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 04-28-2011 , 09:40   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #9

You want the body to remain visible after a client spawns. I'm not sure if that's even possible, but it's certainly not within the scope of this plugin, sorry .
    Old 04-28-2011 , 09:44   Re: [CS:S] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Reply With Quote #10

hmm maybe with a sdkcall?
    Like this example on allidmods wiki