12% 

Name Spam Flood Protection

Post New Thread Reply   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2004 , 07:22  
Reply With Quote #11

Try this modified antiflood.sma?

It defines another cvar, amx_nameflood_time, default at 10.0 seconds. You are supposed to only be able to change your name once every 10 seconds. If you try to change your name sooner, your name will be silently changed back to your previous one, and no msg should go out to clients that you tried to change name, or that your name changed back to the previous one.

Note that this requires the engine module. I couldn't do this without it really. Don't think that is possible.

Well, for me this works ok. Dunno if we're gonna add this to default amxx plugins, because it requires engine.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (antiflood.sma - 621 views - 4.2 KB)
Kamikaze
Old 11-12-2004 , 11:06  
Reply With Quote #12

I don't see why not because Engine comes with the default package and a ton of plugins use it anyways, I could see if it was something like fakemeta or some of the others but Engine should one of the default modules loaded anyways.

Think about how many times you came across someone posting because a plugin doesn't load just because they are new and didn't load the engine module (since half the custom plugins out there use it).

I'm just giving you my opinion on that and I will respect your own (and don't care to argue about it either ); this would be great to add on the default package since name spamming is another form of spamming on servers.

Thanks again JGHG.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze