Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Garrysmod working?

Post New Thread Reply   

vintagepc
Old 02-21-2014 , 11:59   Garrysmod working?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi folks,

Just curious whether anyone has successfully tied Garrysmod 13 into their HLStats system.

I've duplicated the game tree for an existing source engine game (CS:S) and while it partially works, the playercounts are off; if the server has 3 players in it, but the web interface might only report 1 player... it seems as though the listed players are only new players that have connected since the last time the daemon flushed player events to the database...

I don't particularly care about kills/points but rather just for playtime tracking as we have done events in the past which rely on server playtime for entries.

Web searches reveals several communities that appear to have had success (for example, http://pnx.jrnetwork.net/stats/hlsta...game=garrysmod) , but I'm not having any luck finding out how it was done.

Did I pick the wrong game to duplicate, or is there something more involved like writing/altering a log definition file of some sort that tells the daemon how to interpret the logs?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vintagepc; 02-21-2014 at 12:00. Reason: Title
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2014 , 12:11   Re: Garrysmod working?
Reply With Quote #2

From what I read, sourcemod won't work with latest gmod so you can't load the game plugin(unless someone makes you a special port that'll only work with gmod 13)
vintagepc
Old 02-21-2014 , 12:17   Re: Garrysmod working?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
From what I read, sourcemod won't work with latest gmod so you can't load the game plugin(unless someone makes you a special port that'll only work with gmod 13)
Yeah, I do know this is the case, but my understanding is that the in-game plugin really only provides access to the ranking system and some hlx specific goodies.

The logging comes from the server itself reporting player disconnects/connects and events through the half-life logging protocol and if you set the admin mod to 'None' in the HLX web page it uses "say" for rcon reporting instead of the hlx_sm_psay variants and so on. (for example, to the extent it's working now, when in game you do see the hlstats 'New player <player> has connected from <country> and so on in chat). I'm just trying to figure out why the player reporting is off.

Last edited by vintagepc; 02-21-2014 at 12:18.
Calystos
Old 03-11-2014 , 15:21   Re: Garrysmod working?
Reply With Quote #4

I'm the head developer of the site & server you linked, and can tell you it was very easy really.

I didn't need any plugin modifications or anything like that. I merely added a new game to the games list with "garrysmod", "Garry's Mod", etc to the database just basically took the existing Games/Games_Defaults/Games_Supported areas, then just added a game as normal via the web interface. And likewise the servers config got set via logaddress_add, etc.

Thats pretty much all it was I think. I'll have to recheck but am almost certain thats everything to it.
Send a message via ICQ to Calystos Send a message via AIM to Calystos Send a message via MSN to Calystos Send a message via Yahoo to Calystos Send a message via Skype™ to Calystos
Killer0561
Old 03-19-2014 , 10:52   Re: Garrysmod working?
Reply With Quote #5

Works at all Sourcemod and Metamod for Garrys mod?
Because I try all the time to install these two mods, always it fails.

Is there a way to assist in Garrys Mod HLStatsX?