Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 CBS models and a boss question

Post New Thread Reply   

vintagepc
Old 05-07-2013 , 19:58   CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #1

OK, just got FF2 up and running and I have two questions. Lets start with the easy one:

Are the bosses submitted here the same as those described on the vssaxtonhale.wikia.com? Or is that a different plugin altogether? I ask because the painis_cupcake boss posted here behaves differently from that server.

Secondly, I'm having stockmodels problems for CBS again... Specifically I'm seeing this in my client console:
"Failed load of .VVD data for player/sniper_stock.mdl"

I've verified the vvd (and mdl) files are indeed downloaded to the client (it is) and the MD5sums of the client version, server version, fastdl version, and working version from our previous VSH setup are identical.
Anyone know what would cause that?

Thanks!
nope.avi
Old 05-10-2013 , 04:49   Re: CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepc View Post
OK, just got FF2 up and running and I have two questions. Lets start with the easy one:

Are the bosses submitted here the same as those described on the vssaxtonhale.wikia.com? Or is that a different plugin altogether? I ask because the painis_cupcake boss posted here behaves differently from that server.

Secondly, I'm having stockmodels problems for CBS again... Specifically I'm seeing this in my client console:
"Failed load of .VVD data for player/sniper_stock.mdl"

I've verified the vvd (and mdl) files are indeed downloaded to the client (it is) and the MD5sums of the client version, server version, fastdl version, and working version from our previous VSH setup are identical.
Anyone know what would cause that?

Thanks!
VSH = Versus Saxton Hale
FF2 = Freak Fortress 2

I have no idea what stock models has to do with CBS.
Old 05-10-2013 , 19:36   Re: CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #3

For a while it was necessary to have the stockmodels plugin to trigger the client download of sniper models for CBS. (sniper_stock.mdl, vmts, vtfs, and vvds). The latest vsh and FF2 integrated that code into the main plugin so stockmodels was no longer necessary - but for some reason I'm getting errors in the VVD data that's being downloaded (per my first post)

I'm also aware of the difference between VSH and FF2, but traditional VSH only has 4 bosses, whereas the wiki link above talks about VSH but has many more, and resembles FF2 more than anything. I was interested whether what they've got is privately developed or whether those bosses are available somewhere.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2013 , 09:28   Re: CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #4

That wiki is for OzFur's private version of VS Saxton Hale Mode, which is an entirely different plugin.

As for the VVD errors, this sounds like your issue.
Old 05-11-2013 , 11:16   Re: CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you, will try and report back.
vintagepc
Old 05-11-2013 , 12:42   Re: CBS models and a boss question
Reply With Quote #6

That's solved the VVD problem. Thanks!