Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2 Server Help

Post New Thread Reply   

Death by Toast
Old 03-22-2011 , 22:20   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #11

Thank you very much for the info on where to put those. It makes a lot more sense now. I threw those in the server.cfg file, and they seem to be working for the most part. The highest respawn time I have seen is 13 seconds, luckily no 25 yet, but will keep looking.

In the meantime however, I still cannot figure out how to get a map rotation going? I have mapcycle.txt listing the maps I'd like the rotation to include, and as I understand it mapchooser defaults to this file if nothing is in it. My maplist.cfg file looks like this:
Code:
/**
 * Use this file to configure map lists.
 * Each section is a map list that plugins can use.  For example, the Admin Menu 
 * requests an "admin menu" map list, and you can control which maps appear via 
 * this file.
 * Each section must have a property that explains where to read the maps from.
 * There are two properties:
 *    target         - Redirect the request to another section.
 *    file			 - Read a file of map names, in mapcycle.txt format.
 * There is one section by default, called "mapcyclefile" - it is mapped to the 
 * mapcycle.txt file, or whatever the contents of your mapcyclefile cvar is.
 * If a plugin requests a map list file which doesn't exist, or is empty, SourceMod 
 * tries the "default" section, and then the "mapcyclefile" section.
 */
"MapLists"
{
	/**
	 * Default requests go right to the mapcyclefile.
	 */
	"default"
	{
		"file"		"/mapcycle.txt"
	}

/* Admin menu, map menu */
	"sm_map menu"
	{
		"file"			"addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"
	}

/* Admin menu, map voting menu */
	"sm_votemap menu"
	{
		"file"			"addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"
	}

/* For the "randomcycle" plugin */
	"randomcycle"
	{
		"target"		"default"
	}

/* For the "mapchooser" plugin */
	"mapchooser"
	{
		"target"		"default"
	}

/* For the "nominations" plugin */
	"nominations"
	{
		"target"		"default"
	}
}
I changed it to mapcycle.txt instead of just mapcycle thinking it might help, but it didn't do anything significant. Any ideas would be appreciated

EDIT: The server is cycling through the maps correctly, but when someone types in "nextmap" it responds with "Pending Vote" instead of the actual next map. How do I fix this?

EDIT 2: Nominate has not worked properly on our server for a long time. It will let you nominate a map, and shows which maps were recently played (and doesn't let them be nominated, etc) but it won't actually do anything with nominated maps. And I can't find a nominate.cfg file in our server. And the cvars aren't in our server.cfg. Any ideas?

Last edited by Death by Toast; 03-23-2011 at 03:48.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2011 , 06:36   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Toast View Post

EDIT: The server is cycling through the maps correctly, but when someone types in "nextmap" it responds with "Pending Vote" instead of the actual next map. How do I fix this?
Sounds like you have end of map vote enabled. Go to cfg/sourcemod and have a look in the mapchooser.cfg

// Specifies if MapChooser should run an end of map vote
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_mapvote_endvote "1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Toast View Post
EDIT 2: Nominate has not worked properly on our server for a long time. It will let you nominate a map, and shows which maps were recently played (and doesn't let them be nominated, etc) but it won't actually do anything with nominated maps. And I can't find a nominate.cfg file in our server. And the cvars aren't in our server.cfg. Any ideas?
These 3 plugins are in the disabled folder by default and you move them up a level to addons/sourcemod/plugins if you wish to load and use them.

mapchooser.smx
nominations.smx
rockthevote.smx

CFG's are created automatically (mapchooser.cfg, rtv.cfg) when the plugins are first loaded and should be located in cfg/sourcemod

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 03-23-2011 at 06:48.
InflatableSoulmate
Old 03-24-2011 , 02:49   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #13

The reason the maps/cfg option works for CS:S and not TF2 is because when they were on different engines, that's how they worked. When CS:S was brought over to the OB engine, Valve didn't want to confuse CS:S admins, so they left the old behavior intact.

The difference between mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt is that mapcycle.txt controls the rotation, while maplist controls what maps the server 'sees'... If, say, you wanted a map to not be in the rotation, but you wanted admins to have the ability to manually change to that map from the admin menu, you would need to have the map name in maplist.txt (and possibly other config options set in maplist.cfg). The clan I am in runs mostly 24/7 or very small rotation servers, so I don't have a lot of experience with maplist configuration, though.
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/
Death by Toast
Old 03-24-2011 , 03:46   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #14

Well, I just did some digging, and actually found our old server admin's account on this website, which explains why we have a plugin called "rockthevote-mapvote-admin.sp" instead of just rockthevote.sp. I found the file: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=101293&page=2 and it looks like it was something he wrote and of course didn't comment

I skimmed through the code (have some programming experience, and it looks like C enough that I can understand 90% of it) but it wasn't too clear to me. Will spend more time looking through it tomorrow though.

Long story short, I feel like nominate isn't having issues (since it seems to be working properly) I feel like our custom rtv is no longer compatible with nominate somehow.

And I checked the mapchooser.cfg, and sm_mapvote_endvote is set to "0" already

Again, my finger points to Wave's rtv mod, but that's mostly because I don't know what it does differently than the normal rtv plugin, however rtv does work right now, just only for admins (and you can't nominate maps into it). If he got the functionality working when no admins are online, I don't really know if it is still functional (hard to test being an admin myself, and would need a non-admin (not in the clan) person to try it). But yeah, not so worried about that part because I feel like if nominate can link back up to rtv everything will run smoothly (and I feel like nextmap isn't working for a similar reason, just don't know why).

Sorry that was so rambling/long, I hope it made sense. And thank you again for the continued help, I greatly appreciate it!

Also, thank you for the clarification between maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt, that makes a lot of sense!
Death by Toast
Old 03-24-2011 , 17:03   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #15

See below

Last edited by Death by Toast; 03-24-2011 at 18:02.
Death by Toast
Old 03-24-2011 , 17:47   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #16

This is odd, I tried to fix the admin menu by modifying adminmenu_sorting.cfg and it resorted the first menu category "PlayerCommands" but it didn't add my fourth category "AbuseCommands". Here is the code:
Code:
/**
 * The default sorting is designed to look familiar to Mani's admin menu.
 * You may re-order items here for your own menu.  Any items not explicitly 
 * sorted will be sorted by their final translated phrases for each given client.
 */

"Menu"
{
	"PlayerCommands"
	{
		"item"		"sm_slap"
		"item"		"sm_happy"
		"item"		"sm_slay"
		"item"		"sm_gag"
		"item"		"sm_tele"
		"item"		"sm_rename"
		"item"		"sm_kick"
		"item"		"sm_ban"	
	}

"ServerCommands"
	{
		"item"		"sm_map"
		"item"		"sm_alltalk"
		"item"		"sm_execcfg"
		"item"		"sm_reloadadmins"
	}

"VotingCommands"
	{
		"item"		"sm_cancelvote"
		"item"		"sm_votemap"
		"item"		"sm_votekick"
		"item"		"sm_voteban"
	}

"AbuseCommands"
	{
		"item"		"sm_alpha"
		"item"		"sm_beacon"
		"item"		"sm_blind"
		"item"		"sm_burn"
		"item"		"sm_colorize"
		"item"		"sm_drug"
		"item"		"sm_explode"
		"item"		"sm_freeze"
		"item"		"sm_gravity"
		"item"		"sm_freezebomb"
		"item"		"sm_firebomb"
		"item"		"sm_timebomb"
        }
}
Also have noticed that the sm_map option isn't drawing from maplists.txt, I am not sure where it is drawing from to be honest.

Once again, looking for any possible insight out there, any/all would be apprecited!

P.S. If anyone knows the sm_ command for alltalk, I would love to add that into our menu. Thanks!

Last edited by Death by Toast; 03-24-2011 at 18:03.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-25-2011 , 16:11   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #17

I believe you have your mapname.cfg all sorted out by now, but just in case, there was a sticky for this:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=62087&page=3

Also, the usage where you had /mapsconfig/gametype is specific to the following plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85551

This does still work and is recommended for your interest of all KOTH maps.

Have you resorted to only using the SM core plugins for RTV, Nominate, Nextmap, and Mapchooser? Work with those stable/known plugins would be my suggestion.

Link to the Wiki for admin commands and the map management plugins: http://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.php..._Documentation
Death by Toast
Old 03-25-2011 , 17:35   Re: TF2 Server Help
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
I believe you have your mapname.cfg all sorted out by now, but just in case, there was a sticky for this:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=62087&page=3

Also, the usage where you had /mapsconfig/gametype is specific to the following plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85551

This does still work and is recommended for your interest of all KOTH maps.

Have you resorted to only using the SM core plugins for RTV, Nominate, Nextmap, and Mapchooser? Work with those stable/known plugins would be my suggestion.

Link to the Wiki for admin commands and the map management plugins: http://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.php..._Documentation
I have been digging and digging through that wiki for ever, but I do appreciate the links. It seems as if we had that plugin on our server in the past, which explains why there are a bunch of blank .cfg files in the mapconfig/maps folder (which I didn't know why that existed) which was created by that plugin. Maybe I'll play around with re-enabling that plug-in (still in our disabled folder).

As to using the core plugins, I have not done this for fear that all the "pubbers" as we call them (public players) could overthrow the admins with an rtv vote and kill the server by switching the map to something completely random...

Is there any way to make the standard rtv plugin that comes with sourcemod available to admins only or something to that effect?

Thanks for the help, and sorry this thread is so scatterbrained...