Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Barebones CS:GO server settings for bhop?

Post New Thread Reply   

Cbonk
Old 02-25-2017 , 23:37   Barebones CS:GO server settings for bhop?
Reply With Quote #1

I am having trouble with configuring my server for just a bhop timer. I don't need any of the default cvars that the server seems to set out of nowhere and I don't understand where they are coming from.

I have tried removing the warmup timer with mp_do_warmup_period 0 but it doesn't do anything. Additionally, if no players are in the server and one joins the round restarts as if it is a competitive gametype.

I have removed all gamemode_**.cfg's in the hopes that it would stop any cvars setting for other gamemodes, and only set the ones present in my server.cfg but they all still set.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make a completely standard configuration for the timer to work correctly on. (No timelimit, no round restarts, no warmup period etc.)

I am fairly new at this so I am sure I am doing everything wrong, if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2017 , 02:44   Re: Barebones CS:GO server settings for bhop?
Reply With Quote #2

What you did wrong was not reading the manual.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ual_server.cfg
You don't edit the gamemode_*.cfg you make and edit the correct gamemode_*_server.cfg

You don't set anything in the server.cfg but variables that are pertinent to the actual server information not the configuration.
Such as not putting mp_* commands in server.cfg

Do that all of that and your server will behave properly.