Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMod 1.6 released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-15-2014 , 23:12   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Do you have a line number? Which version of SM is this? is this a custom SM build? Can you grab the .dbg from your build for logic bin?

Can you print the values of at least eip and probably eax?
That was a gdb backtrace and it was on the stock Linux version of MM:S 1.10.1 and SM 1.6.0. I've completely wiped this machine since then (and then reinstalled the OS and game server), so unless it crashes again I don't even have the crash dump file any more.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-15-2014 at 23:16.
iLrama
Old 07-16-2014 , 00:19   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

EDIT: Nvm, solved.

Last edited by iLrama; 07-16-2014 at 19:21.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 09:42   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Do you have a line number? Which version of SM is this? is this a custom SM build? Can you grab the .dbg from your build for logic bin?

Can you print the values of at least eip and probably eax?
Since this is still happening on a completely rebuilt Ubuntu 14.04 server OS and TF2 game server install, where would you get the .dbg file for it?

When I say everything was reinstalled from scratch, I mean it with only three exceptions: server-prophunt.cfg, mapcycle-prophunt.cfg, and the server startup script are still the same versions as before. All other config files were rebuilt from scratch. MetaMod:Source 1.10.1 was installed from scratch. SourceMod 1.6.0 was installed from scratch and then my SteamID was added to the admins list. All extensions were installed from scratch (Dhooks2 (recompiled first), TF2Items, SteamTools), . All plugins were reinstalled from scratch (UMC, Allchat, NativeVotes, NativeVotes BaseVotes, NativeVotes FunVotes, PropHunt Redux).

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-16-2014 at 09:50.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-16-2014 , 18:09   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
That was a gdb backtrace
Unfortunately we only have the name of a frame, and an address from an undefined SM build

Quote:
stock Linux version of MM:S 1.10.1 and SM 1.6.0
You should use Accelerator since you're not developing.

Quote:
...reinstalled from scratch, I mean it with only three exceptions: server-prophunt.cfg, mapcycle-prophunt.cfg
You're still running foreign plugins?

Quote:
MetaMod:Source 1.10.1 was installed from scratch. SourceMod 1.6.0 was installed from scratch
Meaning you grabbed the release version? or a snapshot version?

Quote:
All extensions were installed from scratch (Dhooks2 (recompiled first), TF2Items, SteamTools), . All plugins were reinstalled from scratch (UMC, Allchat, NativeVotes, NativeVotes BaseVotes, NativeVotes FunVotes, PropHunt Redux).
Definitely need some context for this, not the single frame that it crashed in, but the entire callstack. Registers as well, line numbers half work, but you'd know what's going wrong...

Without any data, your guess is as good as mine!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 18:39   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Unfortunately we only have the name of a frame, and an address from an undefined SM build
Quote:
Meaning you grabbed the release version? or a snapshot version?
I don't mean to sound rude, but given that the title of this thread is SourceMod 1.6 released! wouldn't the logical assumption be that I'm using the stable release versions? If I were using a dev build, I'd have included the -git version in the version number.

Quote:
You should use Accelerator since you're not developing.
I probably will.

Edit: Installed now with my ID set in core.cfg (76561197962428970)

Quote:
You're still running foreign plugins?
While I refer to this as my test server, this is a live server and is used to test PropHunt for problems I may not have seen during basic testing. It's also my NativeVotes test server for the same reason.

There's also the fact that MM:S 1.10 stable and SM 1.5.4-git4087 didn't crash with these same plugins/extensions plus others that weren't reinstalled following an OS/gameserver reinstall.

Quote:
Definitely need some context for this, not the single frame that it crashed in, but the entire callstack. Registers as well, line numbers half work, but you'd know what's going wrong...

Without any data, your guess is as good as mine!
If I have to, I can compile a debug version of SM 1.6, but I seem to recall having issues with AMBuild in the past. Now, this is a new server (running Ubuntu 14.04 now instead of 12.04), so it's possible that these issues don't exist on the system, but I can't tell without actually trying it.

Edit: The weird thing is, I had like 4 crashes between 8am-9am EDT today, but when people were playing between 9am-noon EDT today (I was checking the console from work), I didn't get any crashes. In fact, the only crashes since then were because DHooks2 crashed when I shut the server down to change out a plugin and make sure it wasn't leaking handles any more. Oh yeah, did I mention DHooks2 still crashes on shutdown on me? It's one of the things I was testing...

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-16-2014 at 19:09.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-16-2014 , 21:13   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
I don't mean to sound rude, but given that the title of this thread is SourceMod 1.6 released! wouldn't the logical assumption be that I'm using the stable release versions?
Not necessarily, unfortunately.
Quote:
You are trying to seek out help, right?
Quote:
Edit: Installed now with my ID set in core.cfg (76561197962428970)
Cool!

So from the crash you had 10 minutes ago, you have a Forward on a Timer and it's crashing on PushCell.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 22:50   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Not necessarily, unfortunately.
You are trying to seek out help, right?
Cool!

So from the crash you had 10 minutes ago, you have a Forward on a Timer and it's crashing on PushCell.
That would almost have to be the NativeVotes plugin. NativeVotes has a similar API to the SourceMod menu/voting system... which means it calls a Menu callback (and possible Vote Result callback) when the timer finishes, possibly more than once (MenuAction_VoteCancel/MenuAction_VoteEnd and MenuAction_End)

The other catch is that it's a repeating timer in order to draw the vote progress once per second, it only does the forwards on the last iteration (before returning Plugin_Stop).

Edit: As of a few hours ago, any further crash dumps will be against MM:S 1.10.2-git905 debug build and SM 1.6.1-git4532 debug build.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-17-2014 at 13:57.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:38   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Anyone else having weird random lag spikes when using the latest SM 1.6 stable snapshot on a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) TF2 server?

Had a fellow I host send me this:

Quote:
ArchangelGabriel: A report on the Sourcemod update. Random lag spikes. As if the server is freezing. Perfect ping. Nothing game breaking in the errors log.
ArchangelGabriel: Nothing in console rither.
ArchangelGabriel: *either
404: User Not Found: try
404: User Not Found: unloading TF2_Burning_Arrow_Light
404: User Not Found: it seems to be spamming errors
ArchangelGabriel: Alright. It's just weird cause nobody was using flaming arrows.
404: User Not Found: well the errors are being fired during the OnEntityDestroyed bit
404: User Not Found: oh
404: User Not Found: also Flare Light
ArchangelGabriel: Can you give me the name of it? It's made by the same guy so I assume it's like TF2_Flare_Light?
404: User Not Found: mhm
404: User Not Found: TF2_Flare_Light and TF2_Burning_Arrow_Light
ArchangelGabriel: Both unloaded.
ArchangelGabriel: Still same jittery lag
ArchangelGabriel: It happens on and off. Not constant.
404: User Not Found: hmm
ArchangelGabriel: Auto disconnect thing keeps popping up too.
ArchangelGabriel: Then goes away lol
Not sure what to do here. I mean, I gotta run 1.6 on the servers because some stuff may be compiled with 1.6 and as a result may not be able to run under 1.5.4 due to that odd float error.

EDIT: Powerlord, is your server suffering from similar things?

EDIT 2: It may not be the latest snapshot. It's a few revisions back. I'm gonna try the latest 1.6.1 stable snapshot.

EDIT 3: Apparently still causing random lag spikes even with the latest stable 1.6.1 snapshot. Wat do?

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-19-2014 at 15:05.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2014 , 22:09   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Anyone else having weird random lag spikes when using the latest SM 1.6 stable snapshot on a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) TF2 server?

Had a fellow I host send me this:

Not sure what to do here. I mean, I gotta run 1.6 on the servers because some stuff may be compiled with 1.6 and as a result may not be able to run under 1.5.4 due to that odd float error.

EDIT: Powerlord, is your server suffering from similar things?

EDIT 2: It may not be the latest snapshot. It's a few revisions back. I'm gonna try the latest 1.6.1 stable snapshot.

EDIT 3: Apparently still causing random lag spikes even with the latest stable 1.6.1 snapshot. Wat do?
I haven't been seeing lag on my servers. Now that I fixed NativeVotes to stop crashing my server intermittently (luckily it was only in dev versions and only crashed SM 1.6.x), the only issue I'm still having is that DHooks (1 and 2) still causes a crash in MetaMod/SourceHooks on server shutdown if you use GameRules hooks.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-20-2014 at 22:10. Reason: url not urll
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-21-2014 , 04:39   Re: SourceMod 1.6 released!

No Dhooks usage here AFAIK. All TF2 servers on my VPS whether their mine or ones I host for others are affected by random lag spikes and the disconnect message popping up in the corner randomly.

1.5.4? Fine. But I figured I'd update everyone to 1.6.1 stable snapshot because if new plugins are compiled in 1.6.0/1.6.1 then they may get the FLA float error on plugin load.

That's where all the problems started. I wish I had a 1.5.4 snapshot sitting around so I could get rid of this shitty 1.6.1

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-21-2014 at 04:41.
Closed Thread