Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (RTD) (v2.5.4, 2 Mar 2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Baklap4
Old 03-02-2016 , 13:26   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #11

I used sm_rtd2_accessflags in my server.cfg
and set it to "o"
Yet somehow it doesn not regocnize it.
SHould it be in server.cfg or in admin_overrides.cfg?

If it should be in admin_overrides.cfg you better edit the description. Thank you!

EDIT
I've also tried putting it in admin_overrides.cfg yet without luck.
How to override access to rtd?

Last edited by Baklap4; 03-02-2016 at 13:29.
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2016 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #12

Hey guys, sorry to leave you without updates for such a long time, I was kinda busy lately.

New version released:

v0.93:
  • Added support for forcing RTD on multiple players. It doesn't spam the chat when the effects are being applied or wear off.
    • New translation file is needed which means you'll have to do changelevel (at least) for them to load.
  • Passing client's serial to timers instead of client index to avoid potential bugs.

On the other matter, I've finished, at last, the detailed perk list, so if you had any problems with customizing them due to a bad documentation, we should be square now.

I'm also finishing reading through the old RTD thread and added requests and ideas under the For Developers section to house the interesting ones I found & ones I came up with. Tell me if I should add something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGhostRider View Post
Added Russian language
Thanks GhostRider, I really appreciate it. One thing however: I added 6 new phrases, they are under the
Code:
///////////////////////////
// G R O U P   R O L L S //
///////////////////////////
in the new file. I'd be glad if you could translate only those and I'll copy everything over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baklap4 View Post
I used sm_rtd2_accessflags in my server.cfg
and set it to "o"
Yet somehow it doesn not regocnize it.
I think it doesn't recognize it because you have it tf/cfg/sourcemod/plugin.rtd2.cfg, which is put there automatically the first time you run the plugin and executes after server.cfg, overriding it. Try to edit the cvar in there. You can remove it of course and have it only in server.cfg.

Last edited by Phil25; 03-03-2016 at 15:52.
Baklap4
Old 03-02-2016 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil25 View Post
I think it doesn't recognize it because you have it tf/cfg/sourcemod/plugin.rtd2.cfg, which is put there automatically the first time you run the plugin and executes after server.cfg, overriding it. Try to edit the cvar in there. You can remove it of course and have it only in server.cfg.
Okay thanks will try it tomorrow. On the other hand.. Sourcemod comes with the file admin_overrides.cfg which was originally intended to be the source of all the overrides like this one.
Why did you (and so many others beside you) decide to have it in your own config instead of using the default overrides file?
CrazyGhostRider
Old 03-02-2016 , 18:30   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #14

Add translation.
I hope I have correctly understood the new sections.
If I made a mistake, I correct it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtd2.phrases.txt (9.1 KB, 231 views)
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2016 , 21:24   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baklap4 View Post
Okay thanks will try it tomorrow. On the other hand.. Sourcemod comes with the file admin_overrides.cfg which was originally intended to be the source of all the overrides like this one.
Why did you (and so many others beside you) decide to have it in your own config instead of using the default overrides file?
Because you're not overriding only a command here, you're overriding a command and chat triggers you chose in sm_rtd2_triggers. There are two ways for players to roll the dice and it's nice having everything centralized, hence sm_rtd2_accessflags.

Now, I could check whether a client who's trying to roll via chat triggers has access to the sm_rtd command, but that would mean a nicely formatted, colorful message for chat triggers, and pale, boring "[SM] You do not have access to this command." for the command.

The other advantage is that you can easily add a custom message to players with no access, like telling them that RTD is only for group members, and etc.
Newbie1992
Old 03-05-2016 , 02:23   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #16

Found a small issue/bug, when you play medic and gets unlimited uber the uber will only work until the timer is 0, but not until the uber meter is going down from 100-0.

That's a bit weird. Hope you can fix this.
Also I can do a german translation if needed later today.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2016 , 07:46   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1992 View Post
Found a small issue/bug, when you play medic and gets unlimited uber the uber will only work until the timer is 0, but not until the uber meter is going down from 100-0.

That's a bit weird. Hope you can fix this.
Also I can do a german translation if needed later today.

Thanks!
I think the Uber thing in a hardcoded prevention of exploiting. Same would happen if you were to set the uber meter to 200% and pop it. When it reaches 100% it stops. It will work however when you switch weapons.

I haven't given this issue much attention because it's not really a priority, although I will most likely do something about it in the future. If it's really bothering you, I can figure something out now.

And thanks guys for all the translations. I am working on a complete rewrite of perk management and it may take me some time to finish it, though. When I'm done with that I'll make sure to include all the translations you guys posted.

EDIT: I knew I seen this avatar somewhere, I've seen you posting on the other RTD thread over 3 years ago. I've saved some of your ideas in the "requests" section to add later.

Last edited by Phil25; 03-05-2016 at 07:49.
Newbie1992
Old 03-05-2016 , 10:08   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #18

If possible a fix for this would be nice. Also I got one question does smac detect some perks as cheats? (this happens in the old version sometimes)

Thanks, and keep up this work you should also add a donation link for you work ;)

Last edited by Newbie1992; 03-05-2016 at 10:09.
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-05-2016 , 12:01   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1992 View Post
does smac detect some perks as cheats? (this happens in the old version sometimes)
When was the last time it happened in the old version? I don't use SMAC personally, but if it happened in the original RTD plugin I can't see why it wouldn't happen in this one.
Newbie1992
Old 03-05-2016 , 12:57   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #20

long time ago, can't remember in which version it was. But for now it looks good.