Raised This Month: $13 Target: $400
 3% 

Xp/level system


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 05-29-2020 , 14:50   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremache View Post
Do you remember when I made request about level system, in that time I was searching for all level system plugins have made to get more idea's because I was want to make simple and better level system plugin and I did it..
I had tested level system v2.2 and that plugin is in picture
Maybe you did it simpler, but I doubt you made it better. Again - simpler doesn't mean better. The quality of the code depends more on the coder's experience and knowledge rather than the number of lines inside it. A code that has 1000 lines can be much better than a code with 10 lines if those 10 lines are poorly written.

There is no point in using partial plugins when a fully functional one with all options combined exist. If you want to use such a plugin - nobody is stopping you, it's your own risk, but please don't encourage other people to make poor decisions.
__________________

Last edited by OciXCrom; 05-29-2020 at 14:51.
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Supremache
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Old 05-29-2020 , 18:55   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Maybe you did it simpler, but I doubt you made it better. Again - simpler doesn't mean better. The quality of the code depends more on the coder's experience and knowledge rather than the number of lines inside it. A code that has 1000 lines can be much better than a code with 10 lines if those 10 lines are poorly written.

There is no point in using partial plugins when a fully functional one with all options combined exist. If you want to use such a plugin - nobody is stopping you, it's your own risk, but please don't encourage other people to make poor decisions.
Yes simple but not bad, i made it with only 500 lines without any problem and i have more nice things but in your plugin you use configs coding and for this reason your plugin has a lot of lines and codes but i didn't say your plugin is bad but when someone wants to edit to edit the plugin or remove something like rank or tags, will get so many errors and for fixing the errors need a long time.

Ohhh, Hey man i have did not encourage anyone to use anything just see plugin in the picture and go test level system v2.2 and you will know i was want to help him and give him what he want.

Look It's not fight this is just a game and there's no one are care about it only old players and i have joined to this field to make my own mode, something like ZPA6.2.

It's a nice mod, amx files are selling for 250 euro The better thing in this mod is all of plugins of zp mod and amx modx combined to one plugin, you understand that and there's just one model for this mod, It didn't have any erorrs and It is protected from hacking confings.

There's only one person has retyped this mod but after he did it he is dead, i'm really sad for he.

Last edited by Supremache; 05-29-2020 at 18:57.
Supremache is offline
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 05-29-2020 , 19:40   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremache View Post
Yes simple but not bad, i made it with only 500 lines without any problem and i have more nice things but in your plugin you use configs coding and for this reason your plugin has a lot of lines and codes but i didn't say your plugin is bad but when someone wants to edit to edit the plugin or remove something like rank or tags, will get so many errors and for fixing the errors need a long time.
That's the thing. If someone wants to edit something, he can do it via the configuration file. No changes are required in the .sma file. Everything can be disabled separately via the .ini file. This is what makes a plugin user-friendly, not hard-coding everything in the .sma file. Why would you want to remove the ranks? Isn't that the entire point of the plugin? But yes, they can also be removed via the config file, believe it or not, so your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Ohhh, Hey man i have did not encourage anyone to use anything just see plugin in the picture and go test level system v2.2 and you will know i was want to help him and give him what he want.
You're suggesting to use an unapproved and poorly coded plugin when a better alternative exists and was already suggested. The person already had doubts on what makes a plugin good, so yes, what you're doing is indeed encouraging him to make the suboptimal choice.

Quote:
Look It's not fight this is just a game and there's no one are care about it only old players and i have joined to this field to make my own mode, something like ZPA6.2.
That doesn't mean we should make the game bad. Obviously there are still many people that play and care about it. This forum wouldn't have existed right now if it was any different.

Quote:
It's a nice mod, amx files are selling for 250 euro The better thing in this mod is all of plugins of zp mod and amx modx combined to one plugin, you understand that and there's just one model for this mod, It didn't have any erorrs and It is protected from hacking confings.

There's only one person has retyped this mod but after he did it he is dead, i'm really sad for he.
Selling amxx files is against AMXX's policy and illegal.

Having everything combined in one plugin is the worst thing you can do. Not only that everything is disorganized and you can't easily make changes or find what you're looking for, you probably can't even disable specific plugins that are combined with each other. Speaking of which, you probably don't even have a .sma file to begin with, so all of those talks about being able to edit stuff goes drown the drain.

I'm telling you all of this like a friendly advice since you're clearly a beginner and not very familiar with AMXX. Just know that not everything is simple as it looks like.
__________________

Last edited by OciXCrom; 05-29-2020 at 19:52.
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Supremache
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Old 05-30-2020 , 08:11   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
That's the thing. If someone wants to edit something, he can do it via the configuration file. No changes are required in the .sma file. Everything can be disabled separately via the .ini file. This is what makes a plugin user-friendly, not hard-coding everything in the .sma file. Why would you want to remove the ranks? Isn't that the entire point of the plugin? But yes, they can also be removed via the config file, believe it or not, so your argument is invalid.
I know but if your plugin have a problem i cant ask you to solve it i will do it by my self because you will n't be active all time.
I know the configuration file is better if i disabled something from plugin i will get erorrs in my mod and there's no one will help me and you will say non steam = no support, remmber ? that what did happen when i asked for how to fix erorr logs of my plugin and i got ban and i had got erorrs because i added a new plugin to my server and had disabled somethings from confing file of the plugin and after that i got many erorr logs. I think you have tested you plugin a lot but a small problem will destroy everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
You're suggesting to use an unapproved and poorly coded plugin when a better alternative exists and was already suggested. The person already had doubts on what makes a plugin good, so yes, what you're doing is indeed encouraging him to make the suboptimal choice.
Ohhhh, I Think you want everyone using your plugins but your plugins are not the best i saw better than your plugin in another websites but i dont talk about that. I didn't suggested anyone to use anything i just want to help and he said i want this plugin in picture and i gave him it and i will show you a small thing from that plugin code, he said i want pluign that giving 10k Money when level get up and see this code...
PHP Code:
new rankLevelBonus;
rankLevelBonus register_cvar("Level Up Bonus""10000"// Amount of money when passing level.
cs_set_user_money(idcs_get_user_money(id) + get_pcvar_num(rankLevelBonus)) 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
That doesn't mean we should make the game bad. Obviously there are still many people that play and care about it. This forum wouldn't have existed right now if it was any different.
I know there's many people are still caring about this game but i think this forum made for help who asking for something we should give him that thing but do not force them to what we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Selling amxx files is against AMXX's policy and illegal.

Having everything combined in one plugin is the worst thing you can do. Not only that everything is disorganized and you can't easily make changes or find what you're looking for, you probably can't even disable specific plugins that are combined with each other. Speaking of which, you probably don't even have a .sma file to begin with, so all of those talks about being able to edit stuff goes drown the drain.

I'm telling you all of this like a friendly advice since you're clearly a beginner and not very familiar with AMXX. Just know that not everything is simple as it looks like.
How i say that but i think i will get ban again. But look who did ZPA6.2 he is not kid and dumb, he's professional he made that mod in 2009 i think in this time you didn't know anything about amx coding he have a big expriance, i know your expriance for amx coding only but he have expriance in everything like models and i think you saw all updates of amx modx but they didn't made the updates in ZPA6.2, made in 2009 and amx modx team didn't got the expriance of who did made that mod the small thing i want to tell you in this plugin is who did this plugin had made best securty system for everything and made something like if the owner of the server that have ZPA6.2 has give anyone ftp or panel and want to stole the plugins they will never working in another server because who selling this mod he complier the model to working only for server ip so when you add the plugin in another server will never work.
I have not time to talk about this mod but i will give you link of this mod with sma files and i want you see codes design.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k8788..._FIXX.rar/file
Supremache is offline
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 05-30-2020 , 08:50   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
I know but if your plugin have a problem i cant ask you to solve it i will do it by my self because you will n't be active all time.
I know the configuration file is better if i disabled something from plugin i will get erorrs in my mod and there's no one will help me and you will say non steam = no support, remmber ? that what did happen when i asked for how to fix erorr logs of my plugin and i got ban and i had got erorrs because i added a new plugin to my server and had disabled somethings from confing file of the plugin and after that i got many erorr logs. I think you have tested you plugin a lot but a small problem will destroy everything.
So you're saying that you need to rewrite every plugin you use just because of the SMALL chance the author of it MAY NOT respond in 5 minutes to fix a problem that MIGHT exist? This is one of the most nonsensical things I've read lately. If I made a configuration file with tons of options, I clearly made those options for everyone to be able to customize the plugin however they want.

I did test the plugin thoroughly and there are no bugs or "small problems" according to my knowledge. If you think I didn't manage to notice a bug, probably someone from the 205 server that are using it would have reported said bug already? If you think you noticed something that potentially 205x32 people didn't notice, why don't you report the problem?

Quote:
Ohhhh, I Think you want everyone using your plugins but your plugins are not the best i saw better than your plugin in another websites but i dont talk about that. I didn't suggested anyone to use anything i just want to help and he said i want this plugin in picture and i gave him it and i will show you a small thing from that plugin code, he said i want pluign that giving 10k Money when level get up and see this code...
What do I benefit from people that use my plugins? Do I get payed for it? No. What do you think the point of making such a plugin is in the first place? I surely didn't make it because it existed already. I probably made it because I don't want people using bad plugins.

I'm not saying that my plugins are the best and I don't think you're have the required knowledge to judge how good a plugin is. What is this "better" plugin you're talking about? With what expertise did you decide that it's "better"? Post a link and let's see it, then we can discuss the pros and cons of both options.

My plugin can also give 10k money on level up thanks to its API expandability.

Quote:
I know there's many people are still caring about this game but i think this forum made for help who asking for something we should give him that thing but do not force them to what we want.
Exactly. He already received what he want.

Quote:
How i say that but i think i will get ban again. But look who did ZPA6.2 he is not kid and dumb, he's professional he made that mod in 2009 i think in this time you didn't know anything about amx coding he have a big expriance, i know your expriance for amx coding only but he have expriance in everything like models and i think you saw all updates of amx modx but they didn't made the updates in ZPA6.2, made in 2009 and amx modx team didn't got the expriance of who did made that mod the small thing i want to tell you in this plugin is who did this plugin had made best securty system for everything and made something like if the owner of the server that have ZPA6.2 has give anyone ftp or panel and want to stole the plugins they will never working in another server because who selling this mod he complier the model to working only for server ip so when you add the plugin in another server will never work.
I have not time to talk about this mod but i will give you link of this mod with sma files and i want you see codes design.
I'm going to ignore all that nonsense about someone having more experience than someone else in some other time. Stop thinking that I'm comparing myself to other people.

You can't compare something made 11 years ago with something made today. If something was considered good in the past, it might be the completely opposite nowadays. Coding standards have changed, AMXX has changed, better functionalities exist.

There is no such thing as compiling a model to work ony for a specific IP.

Let's finish this discussion here. No need to spam the entire forum. Contact me via PM if you want to continue.
__________________

Last edited by OciXCrom; 05-30-2020 at 09:06.
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Supremache
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Old 05-30-2020 , 14:34   Re: Xp/level system
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
So you're saying that you need to rewrite every plugin you use just because of the SMALL chance the author of it MAY NOT respond in 5 minutes to fix a problem that MIGHT exist? This is one of the most nonsensical things I've read lately. If I made a configuration file with tons of options, I clearly made those options for everyone to be able to customize the plugin however they want.

I did test the plugin thoroughly and there are no bugs or "small problems" according to my knowledge. If you think I didn't manage to notice a bug, probably someone from the 205 server that are using it would have reported said bug already? If you think you noticed something that potentially 205x32 people didn't notice, why don't you report the problem?



What do I benefit from people that use my plugins? Do I get payed for it? No. What do you think the point of making such a plugin is in the first place? I surely didn't make it because it existed already. I probably made it because I don't want people using bad plugins.

I'm not saying that my plugins are the best and I don't think you're have the required knowledge to judge how good a plugin is. What is this "better" plugin you're talking about? With what expertise did you decide that it's "better"? Post a link and let's see it, then we can discuss the pros and cons of both options.

My plugin can also give 10k money on level up thanks to its API expandability.



Exactly. He already received what he want.



I'm going to ignore all that nonsense about someone having more experience than someone else in some other time. Stop thinking that I'm comparing myself to other people.

You can't compare something made 11 years ago with something made today. If something was considered good in the past, it might be the completely opposite nowadays. Coding standards have changed, AMXX has changed, better functionalities exist.

There is no such thing as compiling a model to work ony for a specific IP.

Let's finish this discussion here. No need to spam the entire forum. Contact me via PM if you want to continue.
I know i dont have a good exprinace but i'm not dumb i learning everything so fast and this is not my specialist i was caring about html and css and js and i think i have good exprinace to make beautfull website. let's finish this long discussion.
I hope i didn't say any bad words and made any problems but it was a nice discussion i really enjoyed.
Regards.
Supremache is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode