Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?

Post New Thread Reply   

Cuban_Dota
Old 04-07-2015 , 16:56   How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #1

There are players that enter my server that have broken steam id,like [I:0:0] or STEAM_ID_LAN and such.I want to avoid this players entering my server. I tried kicking the clients using the event player_activate but the server craches some times, thxxxx for any help.

Last edited by Cuban_Dota; 04-07-2015 at 16:57.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2015 , 17:14   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Dota View Post
There are players that enter my server that have broken steam id,like [I:0:0] or STEAM_ID_LAN and such.I want to avoid this players entering my server. I tried kicking the clients using the event player_activate but the server craches some times, thxxxx for any help.
That doesn't happen unless you play LAN. So why would you need this? NO steam, NO Support.
Old 04-07-2015 , 18:05   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #3

You're using LAN servers like Marcus say or using NonSteam servers with emulators, then, your false.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-07-2015 , 21:04   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
That doesn't happen unless you play LAN. So why would you need this? NO steam, NO Support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILANDO View Post
You're using LAN servers like Marcus say or using NonSteam servers with emulators, then, your false.
He is using a LAN server.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2015 , 13:09   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
He is using a LAN server.
LAN is for local, so obviously if you don't want someone joining, put a password on it or make sure that the person on the network doesn't play the same game lol

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 04-08-2015 at 13:09.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
Cuban_Dota
Old 04-08-2015 , 13:42   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
LAN is for local, so obviously if you don't want someone joining, put a password on it or make sure that the person on the network doesn't play the same game lol
Bro i live in Cuba and here we dont have easy internet acces, we play dota using the rev emu on the client and the srds for the server. As you may now the revemu emulates the steam client and assigns an unique steam id for each client.The problem is that there are some people that have broken steam ids, i mean by broken that they dont have a regular steam id, when the join the server they crach the game. This is the issue thx

Last edited by Cuban_Dota; 04-08-2015 at 13:43.
Miggy
Old 04-08-2015 , 14:17   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Dota View Post
we dont have easy internet acces, we play dota using the rev emu on the client and the srds for the server. As you may now the revemu emulates the steam client and assigns an unique steam id for each client.
I have relatives in Cuba, can confirm this is true.
Good luck on getting this done, dude.
Cuban_Dota
Old 04-08-2015 , 14:32   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
I have relatives in Cuba, can confirm this is true.
Good luck on getting this done, dude.
thanks for your words.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-08-2015 , 14:48   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #9

You need to get rid of RevEmu and just use a normal Steam server and clients.

Dota will launch with Steam in offline mode and clients should be able to join a server that has sv_lan set to 1.
Cuban_Dota
Old 04-08-2015 , 15:14   Re: How to ban players that enter my server with no steam id?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
You need to get rid of RevEmu and just use a normal Steam server and clients.

Dota will launch with Steam in offline mode and clients should be able to join a server that has sv_lan set to 1.

But that generates other kind of problem, if i use a normal steam client (nerver use one before) do i need internet conecction? and the what about the custom couriers and clothes for the heros that the revemu offers, the normal steam client have those to?
thx for you time

psdat:please check my other post about the GetEntDataString and tell me what you think

Last edited by Cuban_Dota; 04-08-2015 at 15:15.