Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin/Map Entity Interaction?

Post New Thread Reply   

CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 07:09   Plugin/Map Entity Interaction?
Reply With Quote #1

Okay, so this is more psuedo than anything. Basically I have come across two problems while working on my server side mod for TF2. Sourcemod is limited in what I can do as far as plugins and Hammer is limited in what I can do as far as entity creation and control. For both of my situations, it looks like my only options are going to be to use the two together to interact.

DM Style Scoring -

I need to do DM style scoring for this mod. I figure using player_score and player_death, I can check a cvar for X frags to win round. Problem is I cannot find any way to actually force a round win through Sourcemod. I am thinking my only option will be to make sure every map I make for it has a team_control_point_master entity, and use SM to interact with that and set a winner that way when the X max frags per round is made true.

Powerup Item Creation -

I have been at this for quite some time trying to figure out how to do it. Basically I need to make 3-5 powerups, say invisibility, haste, etc. I really have not found a solid way of doing this yet. The idea so far is possibly create a plugin with functions such as Powerup_Invisibility, Powerup_Haste, etc. and make console commands for them. Then possibly use a point_servercommand or point_clientcommand entity to send the command to console to initialize it on the player. Problem I see here is I have yet to find an entity type with an OnTouch property that I can also set the model for.

Forcing Suicide? -

Right now I have areas the player can fall off the maps and die. I am also running a plugin I made where if the attacker in player_hurt has the ID 0 (world damage) they do not take damage. Thanks to this my trigger_hurt will not kill them no matter what type of damage it is, nor how much I set it for. I tried using point_server/clientcommand to issue a kill; or explode; to their console and that was blocked by the server for whatever reason. Is there someway to either differentiate between damages with SM (falldamage from crush damage, or w/e) or if not, someway to tell when a trigger is causing the damage?

I am sorry for the long post. I have just been doing an immense amount of research, and reading trying to find some answers to these problems, and so far have found nothing all that helpful.
KMFrog
Old 03-30-2008 , 07:01   Re: Plugin/Map Entity Interaction?
Reply With Quote #2

DM Style:
Look at the DM plugins to see how they work

Powerup:
Look at the RPG plugins to see how they work

Suicide:
http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index....ad=show&id=41&

I'm not sure if calling that SM native causes damage from "the world".. if it does you will have to mod your world damage blocking script and create a custom native to handle it (temporarily disabling damage blocking for the player when the custom native is called).