Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

logging chat in Insurgency

Post New Thread Reply   

Private Dyin
Old 03-21-2008 , 16:42   logging chat in Insurgency
Reply With Quote #1

I know I've read that Insurgency does chat different from other games. Is that why SM doesn't log the chat from the game? Is there some way I can log the chat? There seems to be a bunch of things that don't work in Insurgency but I guess I'll tackle them one at a time.
Old 03-22-2008 , 00:11   Re: logging chat in Insurgency
Reply With Quote #2

SourceMod doesn't log chat from any game. Chat logging, I believe, is a game-specific feature.

That said, Insurgency indeed implements chat weirdly and SourceMod doesn't support it (yet).
Old 03-24-2008 , 08:05   Re: logging chat in Insurgency
Reply With Quote #3

I've had a look an INS while running an INS server for a short time - I managed to get everything working again without too much fuss.

You can still hook the chat and process the messages it just needs a bit of tweaking to locate the string of text in the args and to hook the INS specific chat command - if I recall, its say2.

Go hook say2 and ye shall find chat.
Old 03-24-2008 , 08:42   Re: logging chat in Insurgency
Reply With Quote #4

Sounds interesting but I'm a real noob at coding and all that stuff. Where/what should I be looking at to tweak. Thanks for your response though. If you can give me a little more of a push in the right direction it'd be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2008 , 09:37   Re: logging chat in Insurgency
Reply With Quote #5

If you want to know whats needed, your best bet is to look at existing plugins which support INS.

Ive not run an INS server for a while so I cant remember which plugins support it or not - but - I think the source of ATAC has some nice INS compatibility stuff (like chat hooking etc) so you can get the needed info from these.

After that you can either mod the base plugins yourself (or what ever you need working) or create a "compatibility" plugin to force standard plugins to work (creating fake client commands to pump down the original chat commands for example).

Last edited by KMFrog; 03-24-2008 at 09:39.