Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2011 , 08:55   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #111

if only someone would download hl2sdk-l4d2, then edit the makefile and compile it for l4d2. both .dll and .so. i think I asked about a month ago maybe it isn't possible?

Last edited by Visual77; 07-21-2011 at 08:59.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 07-21-2011 , 09:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #112

i would do it but i only have 50mb of free space LOL
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2011 , 12:05   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #113

well, ever thought about deleting hl2sdk-ob-valve from your harddrive to get some free space and then add it back once you've compiled the l4d2 version?

edit: can anyone private message me a .zip folder including opensteamworks, makefile and sourcecode of sourcemod 1.4.0.
I know how to compile metamod plugins, just don't know what opensteamworks file i need.

Last edited by Visual77; 07-21-2011 at 12:12.
eladnava
Old 07-26-2011 , 02:53   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #114

Failed to compile on GCC-4.5.2:

Code:
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
extension.cpp: In function std::string VersionString():
extension.cpp:352:25: error: ignoring return value of char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*), declared with attribute warn_unused_result

Fix it by editing extension.cpp.

Find
Code:
fgets(line, 128, pFile);
Replace With
Code:
string tmp = fgets(line, 128, pFile);
Also, if this extension is automatically loaded via a plugin before map start, it will cause the server not to appear in the game's master server browser. I don't know the cause. This happened to me in Team Fortress 2. However, loading it OnMapStart() works flawlessly, via ServerCommand().

Finally, the Game Type reported by QueryCache is corrupt: Here's how it appears for me:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	89478  

Last edited by eladnava; 07-26-2011 at 08:36.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 07-27-2011 , 04:58   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by eladnava View Post
Failed to compile on GCC-4.5.2:

Code:
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
extension.cpp: In function std::string VersionString():
extension.cpp:352:25: error: ignoring return value of char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*), declared with attribute warn_unused_result
Fix it by editing extension.cpp.

Find
Code:
fgets(line, 128, pFile);
Replace With
Code:
string tmp = fgets(line, 128, pFile);
Also, if this extension is automatically loaded via a plugin before map start, it will cause the server not to appear in the game's master server browser. I don't know the cause. This happened to me in Team Fortress 2. However, loading it OnMapStart() works flawlessly, via ServerCommand().

Finally, the Game Type reported by QueryCache is corrupt: Here's how it appears for me:
for some servers the game description is corrupt, for some its not, it would be interesting to find out why
eladnava
Old 07-27-2011 , 06:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #116

Yeah, it is very strange. Probably the method gamedll->GetGameDescription() in extension.cpp returns the corrupt game description for some servers. Happening to me with TF2.

I tried to look into it but could not find the cause.

I edited the code to use my own static game description string ("Team Fortress") and when I did that it appeared correctly, with no weird symbols, which means gamedll->GetGameDescription() is the culprit.

Last edited by eladnava; 07-27-2011 at 06:49.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 07-27-2011 , 07:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #117

but i dont know why, there are several tf2 server where it works correctly
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2011 , 07:36   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #118

I wrote my own version of this a very long time ago, and it looks like it broke while I was away for the past months. My assumption as to why it is not working is they most likely changed some of the data that is used by this plugin when building the reply information.

The 2 most notable ones I remember were Protocol version and Server Version. I was able to use some hacks to get the Server Version string for version of this, but I had to hardcode the Protocol in. It is more than likely the protocol has changed, or is different from some of the other games, such as L4D2.
Old 07-27-2011 , 07:40   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
I wrote my own version of this a very long time ago, and it looks like it broke while I was away for the past months. My assumption as to why it is not working is they most likely changed some of the data that is used by this plugin when building the reply information.

The 2 most notable ones I remember were Protocol version and Server Version. I was able to use some hacks to get the Server Version string for version of this, but I had to hardcode the Protocol in. It is more than likely the protocol has changed, or is different from some of the other games, such as L4D2.
you can get the server version from the steam.inf as far as i know

ive just checked and its read from steam.inf, protocol version is hardcoded though

Last edited by Zephyrus; 07-27-2011 at 07:43.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2011 , 07:42   Re: [EXTENSION] Query Cache 1.7 (Updated!)
Reply With Quote #120

Yeah, I can't remember if I used that method or actually got the function call in the engine working to pull the string properly. I think it was the latter but it has been almost a year since I even looked at my code.