Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

_AeonOne_
Old 04-06-2015 , 10:06   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteThunder View Post
I have used the editor a lot recently and I have some more feedback.

The find/replace dialog constantly annoys me. I should be able to press escape to close it rather than just ctrl+f. When opening the dialog, it should also select what was there previously so I can quickly change it.

The upload feature does not work if you have copy/delete selected because it doesn't know where to get the file since being deleted.

The "include" directory in the build configuration is misleading since it's apparently expected to actually be the directory which contains an "include" directory AND the spcomp.exe. It would be nice to have a separate option for specifying where the compiler is located, and the "include" directory should be the actual include directory.

Due to the limitations with the upload and command line features, I am finding I am simply doing it all myself from command line which defeats the purpose of having it all in the editor. As I said in an earlier post, adding more command line hooks such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload would be very useful. You seem to have the idea that too many boxes is a bad thing but more configuration options can only be good imo.

I just noticed you have already been working on adding built-in RCON support so thanks for listening to my feedback!
Was added, thanks.
Well, the Search-Field is conserving what was last time in it, except when you have something selected in the editor, then it uses that.

Fixed, thanks ;)

I renamed it to scripting directory.

And you're welcome ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by barel31 View Post
Any way to change the Syntax Reformatter rules?
Well, i wrote the reformatter in a very static way to give out a good standartized syntax.
So i'm curious what you want to change? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayz View Post
Nice! I didn't feel like goin' through the hoops of setting up SourcePawn in VS so I ran a quick Google search for an editor. Been using SPEdit for a few hours and I'm happy with it so far, thanks.
Thanks ^^

The next Release is coming soon. It includes some Fixes, some addings and many many improvements also including Auto-Indentation and Autocomplete/Intellisense.
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2015 , 13:23   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Disassembler
Reply With Quote #42

When you open an empty file and write in it, it seems to save text in UTF-8 without BOM which the compiler can't read. You can create a new empty sourcepawn script from the "New" menu in your editor and simply save it with "#include <sourcemod>" and try to compile it to replicate this: it won't be able to compile.
_AeonOne_
Old 04-06-2015 , 14:34   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Disassembler
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
When you open an empty file and write in it, it seems to save text in UTF-8 without BOM which the compiler can't read. You can create a new empty sourcepawn script from the "New" menu in your editor and simply save it with "#include <sourcemod>" and try to compile it to replicate this: it won't be able to compile.
Fixed https://github.com/TheJelle/Spedit/c...59ae33936c9a87
WhiteThunder
Old 04-06-2015 , 18:46   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ View Post
Well, the Search-Field is conserving what was last time in it, except when you have something selected in the editor, then it uses that.
I guess what I mean to say is that the contents of the find dialog should always be selected every time it opens, which I think is pretty standard for most editors.

Another thing, if I am focused on a file in the editor and toggle the find dialog open, there seems to be an input/animation delay before my keystrokes are recognized as intended for the find box rather than the open file. For example, if I press ctrl+F and then quickly press another key, that key will be typed in the editor window instead of the find dialog. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen to me when the editor window itself is focused (i.e., not focused on an open file). Edit: This doesn't seem to be a problem with the animations turned off but it shouldn't be a problem with them on either.

If the find dialog is open and I am focused on the editor, pressing ctrl+F currently closes the dialog, but it might be better if it simply focuses into it again. As far as I know, the only other way to put the cursor back into the find dialog is to click into it or toggle if off/on, neither of which seem ideal to me. Additionally, if you select some text in the editor while the find dialog is open, that should text should then be entered into the find dialog when the focus changes to it from pressing ctrl+F; this already happens but should also happen with the proposed change of re-focusing into it, if that makes sense.

I know I am focusing a lot on the find feature but I feel it's really central to the experience since I can't work without having to constantly jump around finding stuff.

Another thing I noticed is that when I click and drag a *.sp file into the editor, the focus should change to the open file immediately. Instead, the focus remains on the window previously focused, and even if the previously focused window was the editor itself, it never focuses on the file opened.

Also, what is the "Auto Open Includes" option intended to do because it doesn't seem to do anything.

Oh, and another thing. It would be nice to have an option for default line endings for files created through the editor, and maybe a line ending conversion feature if you get bored.

Last edited by WhiteThunder; 04-06-2015 at 19:05.
_AeonOne_
Old 04-08-2015 , 09:39   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
I guess what I mean to say is that the contents of the find dialog should always be selected every time it opens, which I think is pretty standard for most editors.

Another thing, if I am focused on a file in the editor and toggle the find dialog open, there seems to be an input/animation delay before my keystrokes are recognized as intended for the find box rather than the open file. For example, if I press ctrl+F and then quickly press another key, that key will be typed in the editor window instead of the find dialog. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen to me when the editor window itself is focused (i.e., not focused on an open file). Edit: This doesn't seem to be a problem with the animations turned off but it shouldn't be a problem with them on either.

If the find dialog is open and I am focused on the editor, pressing ctrl+F currently closes the dialog, but it might be better if it simply focuses into it again. As far as I know, the only other way to put the cursor back into the find dialog is to click into it or toggle if off/on, neither of which seem ideal to me. Additionally, if you select some text in the editor while the find dialog is open, that should text should then be entered into the find dialog when the focus changes to it from pressing ctrl+F; this already happens but should also happen with the proposed change of re-focusing into it, if that makes sense.

I know I am focusing a lot on the find feature but I feel it's really central to the experience since I can't work without having to constantly jump around finding stuff.

Another thing I noticed is that when I click and drag a *.sp file into the editor, the focus should change to the open file immediately. Instead, the focus remains on the window previously focused, and even if the previously focused window was the editor itself, it never focuses on the file opened.

Also, what is the "Auto Open Includes" option intended to do because it doesn't seem to do anything.

Oh, and another thing. It would be nice to have an option for default line endings for files created through the editor, and maybe a line ending conversion feature if you get bored.
You should have been Betatester

So here we go:
- Text on Find/Replace-grid gets now selected on fade on.
- Focus is immediatly now on the findbox in the Find/Replace-grid if it's get faded in.
- Editors are now automaticly in Keyboardfocus when loaded.
- The Window will now be activated (pre loading) while drag-drop

• I disargee with you with the behaviour of automaticly use selected text in the findbox when refocused but not closed. I think this will lead to confusion and i don't know an editor which does that.

• Auto Open Includes does (how it name say) automaticly open includes. but this is limited to includes which are NOT in the include directory (custom includes shouldn't be there anyway).
I think I'll add that to faq.

• Well, i thought about line-endings a bit. And since the avalonedit does not give the possibility to activly change it, (it also does not have to, it can only run with windows). I added an automated normalizing to the windows standart (\r\n). The algorithms i wrote where also only able to handle Windows or Linux line endings but not Mac line endings.
Linux/mac Editors also have the ability to automaticly normalize to their standart and the compiler eats all of them (as far as i know) so there is no problem. I plan to keep it that way.

thanks for all your suggestions so far ^^

Last edited by _AeonOne_; 04-08-2015 at 09:41.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2015 , 14:53   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Disassembler
Reply With Quote #46

I don't know if this is intended but, I used to open .cfg files (with keyvalues) on the SPEdit. I can't open them now for some reason I tried multiple methods (from file/open to change the default program of the .cfg files) but the edit won't open them. I know this isn't a specific sourcemod file but I use some configs files on my plugins and I would like to have them all in the same editor.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2015 , 15:38   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Disassembler
Reply With Quote #47

Really nice work man , seems like it takes a lot of days and the GUI just one word ( ) , x) did u copy some of this nickname (AeonHack) x) . GJ again !
WhiteThunder
Old 04-10-2015 , 19:14   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ View Post
• I disargee with you with the behaviour of automaticly use selected text in the findbox when refocused but not closed. I think this will lead to confusion and i don't know an editor which does that.
Notepad++, Visual Studio and all the JetBrains editors do this.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2015 , 21:53   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
I also think that it's more confusing to just have the old search, if you select a word, then you press Ctrl+F you don't know what you were looking for before, but you do know what you have selected.

Also if you don't have text selected then it should work like it does right now.
Old 04-11-2015 , 06:20   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
I don't know if this is intended but, I used to open .cfg files (with keyvalues) on the SPEdit. I can't open them now for some reason I tried multiple methods (from file/open to change the default program of the .cfg files) but the edit won't open them. I know this isn't a specific sourcemod file but I use some configs files on my plugins and I would like to have them all in the same editor.

Thanks!
Will be changed. Sry ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezo Begin View Post
Really nice work man , seems like it takes a lot of days and the GUI just one word ( ) , x) did u copy some of this nickname (AeonHack) x) . GJ again !
Thanks ^^ and no I#ve choosen the name because i named a Map from me years ago ba_jail_aeon.
And then i changed my name to it.

Quote:
Neither Notepad++ nor VS doing that, except in the case you've described. I'll implement that this way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
I also think that it's more confusing to just have the old search, if you select a word, then you press Ctrl+F you don't know what you were looking for before, but you do know what you have selected.

Also if you don't have text selected then it should work like it does right now.
I think WhiteThunder is right in the fact, that spedit should behave like other editors do. Perhaps i could add some options to change the behaviour a bit but we'll see.