Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Plugin breaks server, can't use plugin chat commands on server

Post New Thread Reply   

Xred
Old 08-30-2019 , 19:55   Plugin breaks server, can't use plugin chat commands on server
Reply With Quote #1

When installing TFIDB taunts (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=293722,) I did !taunts to test the command, and then the server crashed. I loaded a backup from before all this happened, and when the server started up with the backup, all plugins that had chat commands stopped working. You could do the commands in console (ex:"!rainbowize" in chat would normally let you toggle rainbow colored text, but now you had to do "sm_rainbowize" in the console for the same effect.)

I have looked everywhere on the forums, and am getting desperate for an answer: Is there a console command so I can do plugin commands in chat?

Last edited by Xred; 08-30-2019 at 20:33. Reason: needed to add a question i was asking
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 09-01-2019 , 11:40   Re: Plugin breaks server, can't use plugin chat commands on server
Reply With Quote #2

Does no command at all work in chat, even for base SM stuff? Does the attempted command still show up in chat?

There's two possibilities off the top of my head:

First are the settings for PublicChatTrigger and PrivateChatTrigger in core.cfg. By default, they're ! and / respectively. As the comments in that file say, if they're empty, they're disabled.

Second is you restored a broken plugin. It's possible for a poorly written plugin to essentially eat chat lines, resulting in chat triggers not working. If that's the case, figuring out which one is probably a hassle of trial and error.
Xred
Old 09-02-2019 , 09:06   Re: Plugin breaks server, can't use plugin chat commands on server
Reply With Quote #3

Some commands worked and others didn't.

Changing the chat triggers in core.cfg worked, thanks!