Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2016 , 20:08   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4701

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerad View Post
Hey does anyone have a huge map list loaded?

I've got mine set up pretty neatly, but whenever a vote is cast, my server lags for about 0.5-1s.

Does anyone know a work-arround for this problem? (I think it's related to it having to parse 400 maps and poor optimization.)

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
Just adding onto this with some more information, as I have the same issue:

Issue occurs when a mapvote pops, and when someone types !nominate

On one server, I have 290 maps, with a umc_mapcycle.txt filesize of 16.989kb, and 1109 lines, setup like so:

Spoiler

and the lag is significant, affects all users. On another server I have 410 maps, setup similarly, and the lag is worse. Another server only houses 120 maps and there is little to no impact. All servers run the same plugins, same settings, etc - with the exception of sheer number of maps, and configs to support that.

I've done everything from fully alphabetizing all maps, removing all commented lines in umc_mapcycle.txt, ensuring there are no missing/misspelled maps in umc_mapcycle.txt, etc. Hope this is helpful and we might be able to get an answer/fix, because this bug is able to be abused by ill-intent players.
This definitely has come up before, so you might want to check a few posts back or search the thread. It seems like I had a similar issue once. There might be a sweet spot for the number of maps you can have in a UMC mapcycle file before you start getting lag during a vote. It sounds like some recoding may be in order - the maps should only be loaded once at plugin startup in my opinion. The ability to add maps on the fly is great, but that value doesn't outweigh how much this kind of lag sucks. I also think that it should be a configurable option of whether or not you even want UMC to validate that map files exist. I'm assuming it does all that, but it just might be the size of the text alone that is lagging. I'm 99.9% sure that UMC uses the keyvalues system for that.

The only thing I can suggest is using more than one UMC mapcycle file (2 or more smaller ones) and specifying one of the smaller files depending on time of day or even randomizing them.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
alerad
Old 09-28-2016 , 14:40   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
This definitely has come up before, so you might want to check a few posts back or search the thread. It seems like I had a similar issue once. There might be a sweet spot for the number of maps you can have in a UMC mapcycle file before you start getting lag during a vote. It sounds like some recoding may be in order - the maps should only be loaded once at plugin startup in my opinion. The ability to add maps on the fly is great, but that value doesn't outweigh how much this kind of lag sucks. I also think that it should be a configurable option of whether or not you even want UMC to validate that map files exist. I'm assuming it does all that, but it just might be the size of the text alone that is lagging. I'm 99.9% sure that UMC uses the keyvalues system for that.

The only thing I can suggest is using more than one UMC mapcycle file (2 or more smaller ones) and specifying one of the smaller files depending on time of day or even randomizing them.
So the only way to deal with this (And keep everything in just one mapcycle) is optimizing the code?
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2016 , 17:54   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4703

Quote:
So the only way to deal with this (And keep everything in just one mapcycle) is optimizing the code?
I can't say for sure that optimizing the code would do it either. It may be that Valve's built in menu system is what is lagging, unable to handle the amount of options. Is this just a straight map vote with pages and pages of maps? If so, you could try having groups or tiers and see if that helps. Another thing you can try is changing sm_umc_votemanager_core_menu_esc to 1.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
alerad
Old 09-29-2016 , 10:04   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4704

Quote:
I can't say for sure that optimizing the code would do it either. It may be that Valve's built in menu system is what is lagging, unable to handle the amount of options. Is this just a straight map vote with pages and pages of maps? If so, you could try having groups or tiers and see if that helps. Another thing you can try is changing sm_umc_votemanager_core_menu_esc to 1.
I'm pretty sure it's just the for i to 400 that kills it, i've seen servers with nominates bigger/same size than mine, and my server lags on endvote too (Endvote selects only 4 maps total).

I think a way to deal with this will be recoding it to either load the KeyValue list at start and save it as a global variable, would still lag but at the start of the map when everyone is connecting. Probably there are a few more workarrounds that i'll think of if i do code this.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2016 , 15:04   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4705

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's just the for i to 400 that kills it, i've seen servers with nominates bigger/same size than mine, and my server lags on endvote too (Endvote selects only 4 maps total).

I think a way to deal with this will be recoding it to either load the KeyValue list at start and save it as a global variable, would still lag but at the start of the map when everyone is connecting. Probably there are a few more workarrounds that i'll think of if i do code this.
Powerlord was working on a new version (he is the one that provided 3.4.6 and 3.4.7) but the last time I looked he had that project marked as a low priority. If you are going to recode, I'd pull his latest version from his repository. The link is buried somewhere in this thread, just search by author to find it.

My plugins:
alerad
Old 09-30-2016 , 22:07   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4706

Quote:
Powerlord was working on a new version (he is the one that provided 3.4.6 and 3.4.7) but the last time I looked he had that project marked as a low priority. If you are going to recode, I'd pull his latest version from his repository. The link is buried somewhere in this thread, just search by author to find it.

Thanks for the help! Will probably do it at some point, not on my highest priority at the moment.
Hyde
Old 10-01-2016 , 20:14   Rtv Will Not Work
Reply With Quote #4707

Could someone help me with UMC whenever i try to rtv on my server it says [UMC] Cant RTV. Try again in 30 seconds.
and it keeps saying that it always says 30 seconds and doesnt change please help me.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-07-2016 , 21:40   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4708

My surf server change maps after 2mins :\ Does UMC set the time limit its self ?
Old 10-09-2016 , 10:31   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4709

So I just set up a surf server, but I have some problems with UMC.

First off, it won't set the time for the map, allways starts at 2 : 30 and counts down to 0. I type "timeleft" and it says 30 mins, counting down to 0. And when it does, it restarts the map, but then the replay bot bugs out and just leave me with a regular bot, it also just throw away the 30 minutes and resets every 2 : 30 mins.

Next thing, when I try to use rtv, everthing look sOK, but the maps wont show up so there is nothing to vote for.

Sorry if this was confusing, but Im new to this and I have no clue what Im doing.

Last edited by JVMyhre; 10-09-2016 at 10:31.
Xenoadria
Old 10-09-2016 , 16:41   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4710

Hello guys. I am writing here so someone will hopefully be able to help me out.
I am trying to add UMC on my CSGO server, and I've actually managed to do that. And at the beggining everything was working flawlessly until it actually stopped working as it should.
What's my point. I am running a "public" server, I wanted to put some custom maps on my server so people would be able to play them and find it more interesting. So basically I wanted to make UMC to start a vote (when it's needed) first for groups (example, 4. Standard Maps;5.Custom Maps) and afterwards second vote comes with the maps FROM the group. Like mentioned above, managed to get it working but for some reason now it's not. What happens now is, that no matter what group is voted at the beggining, all maps are showing up on the vote.I even deleted the whole plugin from the server and reinstalled it, same thing. I feel that it's something wrong with the cfg, that it isn't configured as it should be, but I've been trough cfg-s many many times and I can not see the mistake.
Here is what features (plugins) I am using:
  • UMC Core (mandatory obviously)
  • UMC_Admin menu
  • UMC_Echonextmap
  • UMC_Endvote
  • UMC_Endvote_warnings
  • UMC_Mapcommands
  • UMC_Votecommand
Note: I am aware that plugin that is uploaded by the original author is not supported with CSGO (or something) so I am using 3.4.6 version uploaded by Powerlord; Post: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth....6#post2345591

I will be posting my cfg-s and mapcycle underneath as spoilers
umc-mapcycle.txt
Spoiler

ultimate-mapchooser
Spoiler

umc-endvote
Spoiler

umc_adminmenu (basically it's default, didn't touch anything)
Spoiler

I hope someone will be able to help out, and I apologize if there was something similiar like this and it got fixed, I certainly did not see it.

Best regards

Last edited by Xenoadria; 10-10-2016 at 05:18.