Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2015 , 20:27   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by msoza1 View Post
It seems today's update has broken this plugin, well the bethesentrybuster one...Crashes the server without any reason why. Looking through my server logs for extra info...
Not relevant to the plugin, update tf2items

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Nanochip
Old 04-13-2015 , 12:16   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #622

Any chance on implementing clientprefs into the plugin?
Old 04-13-2015 , 14:20   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
It wouldn't be too hard, but this is Master XP we're talking about, the king of procrastinating

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Nanochip
Old 04-13-2015 , 15:13   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #624

Ouch man, that's pretty cold. I am entirely aware of the level of ease and/or difficulty for implementing such suggestion. I would even do it myself, however I simply suggested it for the sake of contribution and support.

Considering this is a free-to-use and open source environment, I completely understand the lack of time to uphold further development for a side project, and if such fact of no longer supporting said plugin is the case, then I wouldn't mind picking it up myself.

Nevertheless, there is a level of respect that should be given before jumping to expectation. I mean, he could totally not have released this plugin to the public whatsoever in the first place.
Old 04-15-2015 , 14:15   Re: Updated the things and stuff
Reply With Quote #625

Hi.

I recently got back into TF2 after a long break and went to download this plugin, it hadnt been updated since the last time i played TF2 and i was pretty bored so i had a go at it.
(I didnt bother reading the thread so if someone else has already done this i guess i wasted 30minutes lel)

New Functionality:
-Has the functionality of both plugins listed in the OP (Its an all-in-one)
-Generates a config file located in cfg/sourcemod called plugin.BeAllTheBots.cfg
-Removed extra commands for simplicity in overriding(lazy lel), the only commands that trigger it now are !robot and !sentrybuster
-Restricted !robot to admflag_reservation (flag "a") and !sentrybuster to ADMFLAG_ROOT by default as sentrybuster spam is annoying, and "a" is the most commonly used VIP flag.
-I compiled it against the latest SM1.7 and its been tested in that, i dont see why it wont work in earlier versions as i didnt have to change any plugin syntax.

You can override the command restrictions by using admin_overrides.cfg, to make a command public leave the flag blank
eg: "sm_robot" ""
Would make !robot useable by anyone.

Tested this for like 10minutes on a VSH server running the latest TF2Items and encountered no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
I'll have a go at it when im not drunk, just re-read the source and realised there were already existing overrides for the command groups so removing excess commands was un-neccessary
Attached Files
File Type: smx BeAllTheBots.smx (23.7 KB, 138 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (BeAllTheBots.sp - 102 views - 29.8 KB)

Last edited by DrKittens; 04-15-2015 at 14:53.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-15-2015 , 21:33   Re: Updated the things and stuff
Reply With Quote #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKittens View Post
Hi.

I recently got back into TF2 after a long break and went to download this plugin, it hadnt been updated since the last time i played TF2 and i was pretty bored so i had a go at it.
(I didnt bother reading the thread so if someone else has already done this i guess i wasted 30minutes lel)

New Functionality:
-Has the functionality of both plugins listed in the OP (Its an all-in-one)
-Generates a config file located in cfg/sourcemod called plugin.BeAllTheBots.cfg
-Removed extra commands for simplicity in overriding(lazy lel), the only commands that trigger it now are !robot and !sentrybuster
-Restricted !robot to admflag_reservation (flag "a") and !sentrybuster to ADMFLAG_ROOT by default as sentrybuster spam is annoying, and "a" is the most commonly used VIP flag.
-I compiled it against the latest SM1.7 and its been tested in that, i dont see why it wont work in earlier versions as i didnt have to change any plugin syntax.

You can override the command restrictions by using admin_overrides.cfg, to make a command public leave the flag blank
eg: "sm_robot" ""
Would make !robot useable by anyone.

Tested this for like 10minutes on a VSH server running the latest TF2Items and encountered no problems.

I'll have a go at it when im not drunk, just re-read the source and realised there were already existing overrides for the command groups so removing excess commands was un-neccessary
Thanks for the update, does this version include robot sounds?
Old 05-18-2015 , 08:36   Re: Updated the things and stuff
Reply With Quote #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Thanks for the update, does this version include robot sounds?
Yes it is..

tested it out and it looks fine although.. now i have to suffer the requests of be the robot for now.
Old 05-18-2015 , 08:39   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
It wouldn't be too hard, but this is Master XP we're talking about, the king of procrastinating
Well XP stopped updating it for now sadly.

atleast we have a guy who does it now.

"can't put it in the same post, sorry"
Old 08-15-2015 , 23:08   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #629

I thought of (maybe?) a pretty cool idea for this.

What about a CVar that allows players playing as bots to be sapped by spies (ie, sm_betherobot_sappable 1/0) and a CVar that allows engies/Pyros to repair/save them before their health depletes to 0 (ie, sm_betherobot_engiessave 1/0 and sm_betherobot_pyrossave 1/0)? This could make for some pretty interesting gameplay options.......
scso1502
Old 08-16-2015 , 00:37   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #630

Lol! I love that!!!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net