Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lanc
Old 08-31-2012 , 07:44   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #161

Is it possible to block !robot thing for SPY? Becouse it is bugged. When blue spy disguised as someone from red it change its color to red spy (blue team see it as red spy, not disguised blue spy) and it isn't too good for gameplay (everyone from blue shooting to blue spy and asking "why he didn't die?")
Inflikted
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-31-2012 , 20:53   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
Is it possible to block !robot thing for SPY? Becouse it is bugged. When blue spy disguised as someone from red it change its color to red spy (blue team see it as red spy, not disguised blue spy) and it isn't too good for gameplay (everyone from blue shooting to blue spy and asking "why he didn't die?")
I second this, there seems to be a particle issue relating to the spy when it dies. Not sure if it is the plugin or something with the model itself.
TurretTheEpic
Old 08-31-2012 , 21:14   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #163

Hey MOTXP Will there be Giants in 1.2? because i'd like to have Mann Vs Machine in other maps like payload you could be any giants *like for example a minor leage scout or a super scout and ect. giant/special robots*so like....

Keep the robots from making the payload(bomb cart) from comming to red base.

or just another idea:make a plugin that makes it MVM in any map
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2012 , 21:36   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #164

I'll look into this Spy stuff, and will probably be adding a cvar if it turns out to be really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurretTheEpic View Post
Hey MOTXP Will there be Giants in 1.2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, Myself, and I View Post
Probably going to end up adding those, too, since the Buster is already in. They shouldn't be too difficult, just a lil' TF2Items-ing.
TL;DR: Probablymaybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurretTheEpic View Post
or just another idea:make a plugin that makes it MVM in any map
Just placing in a tf_logic_mann_vs_machine would probably crash the server. A lot of other stuff needs to be set up. Spawns, paths, etc.
If I ever get mvm_bigcity working, I'll be sure to get a video of it.
Old 08-31-2012 , 21:39   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
I'll look into this Spy stuff, and will probably be adding a cvar if it turns out to be really bad.

TL;DR: Probablymaybe.

Just placing in a tf_logic_mann_vs_machine would probably crash the server. A lot of other stuff needs to be set up. Spawns, paths, etc.
If I ever get mvm_bigcity working, I'll be sure to get a video of it.
So your gonna be doing GM_Bigcity into a MVM tf2 map? that.....sounds......AWESOME.ly.....epic
TurretTheEpic
Old 08-31-2012 , 21:40   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
So far, I've got a few bugfixes done, but nothing huge. I'd like to get Be the Buster working a bit better before I update it.

Probably going to end up adding those, too, since the Buster is already in. They shouldn't be too difficult, just a lil' TF2Items-ing.
i see what you mean XD
TurretTheEpic
Old 09-01-2012 , 17:19   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #167

well when this is finished ill be sure to try it (DO NOT COUNT THIS AS A BUMP! I BLAME NO AUTO-EDIT!)

AKA the mvm_bigcity

Last edited by TurretTheEpic; 09-01-2012 at 17:20.
Brazzle
Old 09-01-2012 , 20:24   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #168

'Scuse me. Sorry to cut in on any conversations, but I just joined this site and thought this plugin was pretty dang cool.
I have a dedicated server set up [though I'm still pretty new with this kind of stuff...I don't entirely know HOW it works] and it DOES have Sourcemod on it, I just can't figure out how to use this plugin. The .smx file is saved in my plugins folder, and I was wondering, do I need to save the source somewhere also?
And one more thing-once it's working, how do you actually become a robot in the server? Do you toggle it through the developer's console or in the chatbox on the server?
Cerise
Old 09-02-2012 , 07:45   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazzle View Post
I have a dedicated server set up [though I'm still pretty new with this kind of stuff...I don't entirely know HOW it works] and it DOES have Sourcemod on it, I just can't figure out how to use this plugin. The .smx file is saved in my plugins folder, and I was wondering, do I need to save the source somewhere also?
All you had to do is done. Having the *.smx file in the plugins/ folder.

If you didnt restart your server, do it. Or use the "sm plugins load betherobot" (Requires rcon if in-game).

You should get : "[SM] Successfully loaded plugin Betherobot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazzle View Post
And one more thing-once it's working, how do you actually become a robot in the server? Do you toggle it through the developer's console or in the chatbox on the server?
Both.

- sm_robot <username> (in console) would toggle the appearence.

- !robot or /robot in chat will also work

Note: If you dont put a username after the command, it will target you
Old 09-02-2012 , 14:26   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot 1.1
Reply With Quote #170

Damn, mvm_bigcity would be epic... Giant paths for the robots, but larger waves to make it more fair for the badies.

I tried adding spawn rooms to gm_bigcity, but all the textures where missing... Would anyone know how to fix that without manually going through every texture and finding a replacement?