GoreMod 3.2.5 (27 Aug 06) [CS:S & DOD:S]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2006 , 09:19  
Reply With Quote #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
Thanks, I had come to that conclusion myself a while back and informed him of the fact but still no update.

Do you have the .mdmp files ?
c0ld, I've asked you a bunch of questions on this a while back, can you respond?
http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/vie...?p=30547#30547

Thus far I haven't seen any crashes with just GoreMod + EventScripts on Windows. Just for reference, EventScripts itself uses absolutely no hooks so it's very hard for it to conflict with anything else solely on its own.

That being said, bugs will always be found. If someone sees a crash with EventScripts or someone else's script, please post it over at http://mattie.info/cs/forums so I can help make it easier for scripts to avoid crashes.

Thanks,
-Mattie
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2006 , 10:11  
Reply With Quote #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoS-LJ
Oh good I glad I not the only one getting crashes, I am running gore mod on DOD:S on windows server. I was running mattie scripts, but I removed them and no more craches yet. I am tring to get away from the scipts and have everything either plugins or mm. Ok just wanted to let you know. mattie may be the problem, but I had crashes with alot of scripts latly too.
What else are you running ?
Is zh-Block in there ?
Old 03-27-2006 , 10:27  
Reply With Quote #503

Yes I am using zblock, even with out zblock on becouse I was tring to find out what was causing the crash. It only crashes when there is about 12 to 16 people in the sever. I was using some scripts, and went down to just one script which drops your gun when shot in the arm. Scence I removed mattie there has not been a crash. I really do like to use some scripts. But I rather have the gore mod more. Sorry to start something here.

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2006 , 12:03  
Reply With Quote #504

Quote:
Yes I am using zblock, even with out zblock on becouse I was tring to find out what was causing the crash. It only crashes when there is about 12 to 16 people in the sever. I was using some scripts, and went down to just one script which drops your gun when shot in the arm. Scence I removed mattie there has not been a crash. I really do like to use some scripts. But I rather have the gore mod more. Sorry to start something here.
Heh, no problem there-- how often did it crash when you had ES + GoreMod? Just once in a while when heavily loaded? Immediately when a player joins? Very soon after starting?
OoS-LJ
Old 03-27-2006 , 13:41  
Reply With Quote #505

When it's heavy with like 13 or 14 people, then someone joins and it crashes. I can not be certan but it could be when some one got shot and lost there gun. But I can not confirm that. Thats what I noticed. I can do a little better debuging on Friday or Sat when the server is full. and add mattie scripts back in. Is there a debug tool for Mattie scripts?

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2006 , 14:20  
Reply With Quote #506

Quote:
When it's heavy with like 13 or 14 people, then someone joins and it crashes. I can not be certan but it could be when some one got shot and lost there gun. But I can not confirm that. Thats what I noticed. I can do a little better debuging on Friday or Sat when the server is full. and add mattie scripts back in. Is there a debug tool for Mattie scripts?
You can turn on eventscripts_debug 3 but it is probably too spammy and would likely be felt on the server. The best thing is to send (a) the server logs just before the crash and (b) the scripts you're using. (Also be sure you're using the latest EventScripts, v0.9.5.1. Type "eventscripts_version" in your console to check.)

Some scripts take advantage of experimental EventScripts commands and are more prone to problems than others.
-Mattie
OoS-LJ
Old 03-27-2006 , 15:38  
Reply With Quote #507

I can't use the newest mattie, I don't have CS on the rental server. It will not work on DOD. So I have to use .0910. Ok but I looked at the logs and it's does not show anything.

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2006 , 16:24  
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
I can't use the newest mattie, I don't have CS on the rental server. It will not work on DOD. So I have to use .0910. Ok but I looked at the logs and it's does not show anything.
I'm going to get off of coldfyr's thread here, I promise. ;)

Ah, if you're using v0.9.1, I'd need to see the script you use for auto-weapon-drop. (A link or PM is fine.) It's probably using one of the "new to v0.9.1" commands that has to be hand-held to work safely if users disconnect.

Regarding v0.9.5.1, I hope to release a relinked Linux version soon for DOD:S and HL2DM users. (Maybe tonight?)
-Mattie
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2006 , 17:59  
Reply With Quote #509

Don't worry about the thread, it's hear to help anyone who needs it regardless of the cause =)
Old 03-29-2006 , 00:34  
Reply With Quote #510

c0ldfyr3 I been running the server now for a few days with everything that I had minus Mattie and No crashes. I started with adding a plugin at a time. So Gore mod seems to be stable now. Great work and everyone loves it on DOD, Thanks again.