Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09

Post New Thread Reply   

DeaD_EyE82
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2010 , 09:49   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #311

Rikaelus; Make a new fork of this Plugin. Maybe the Autor didn't have enough time to merge the changes.

sourceserver.info
Send a message via ICQ to DeaD_EyE82
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2010 , 11:56   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Awesome plugin, this is.
I made a couple small improvements to it and I can share them with the author if he'd like to merge it in with the official package.

Addition:
Basically I added another field named "servers" that, through the GUI, you can specify server IPort(s) you'd specifically like the advertisement for. So, for instance, one TF2 server can advertise another but would never advertise itself. If left blank then there's no filtering.

Bug fix/optimization:
Through testing my addition I discovered that the ad displaying function runs at whatever increment is set (such as 30 seconds) but if the next ad up doesn't qualify (different game, different server) then no ad will show that round, and it doesn't try the next ad for another increment. This effectively means you might not get an ad at the schedule you want.

My fix and optimization was to have it only load the ads that are valid for the server. While technically this could maybe be done in the MySQL query itself, I opted to have the logic run as it iterates through the MySQL response. This way there's output to the console of which were accepted and which were rejected.

With only valid ads being added to the array, the array doesn't store unneeded data (optimization) and only valid ads would come up in the display function, removing the need for the conditional that was there and ensuring there's an ad every X seconds (bug fix).

P.S. Also just found a bug in the GUI in which text strings aren't run through any special character escaping, which lead to failed MySQL calls when using apostrophes.
Yea, I suggest making your own version of this plugin to fix some of the issues. If you're interested in working together to improve the GUI as well let me know .

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
ScubaSteve3465
Old 05-10-2010 , 16:55   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #313

In tf2 this plugin is having major issues. When the menu pops up telling you the next map you cant close it and it also locks up your number keys. Can someone point me to another plugin or give me an idea on how to fix this myself?
Old 05-11-2010 , 18:10   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #314

I think Rikaelus may release a new fork of this plugin which has many fixes and improvements in it Lets hope so...
Rikaelus
Old 05-16-2010 , 03:25   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunceantix View Post
I think Rikaelus may release a new fork of this plugin which has many fixes and improvements in it Lets hope so...
Well...
I donno.
I'll glady send the files to someone if they want to package them up and start a formal fork. I'm hesitant to release something myself since some of my changes are pretty custom and I don't want to feel a responsibility to support the package.

My above posts were more-so bug reports/improvement suggestions for others to perform. =P

Edit:
That said, a week later and I'm still tweaking it.
Three new things:
- The (S)ay type now performs the "say" function for every line of the text, since the inherent way for the game to print multi-line messages seemed to be with annoying double-spacing
- I created a second table in which you can load name/value pairs from external sources, then use those values in your text via {name}.
- Created an offshoot Sourcemod Webadmin plugin for my adsmysql variant

Edit 2:
Another new thing:
- Crude conditions. Ads only display when bool cvars =/!= true/false or int cvars =/!=/</> a value

I think I'm getting carried away now...

Last edited by Rikaelus; 05-16-2010 at 18:14. Reason: More...
alinayg
Old 05-16-2010 , 16:24   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #316

For some reason it's not letting me login through the admin panel.

Just reloads the page and asks me for password again.

Doesn't say bad pass word or anything.

Hum...
Old 05-17-2010 , 17:13   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #317

Quote:
Well...
I donno.
I'll glady send the files to someone if they want to package them up and start a formal fork. I'm hesitant to release something myself since some of my changes are pretty custom and I don't want to feel a responsibility to support the package.

My above posts were more-so bug reports/improvement suggestions for others to perform. =P
If I knew what I was doing I would gladly help, but alas I am a windows programmer and thus so not ;)
LoveCow
Old 05-18-2010 , 22:03   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #318

I noticed that the layout in the OPs original post has more options (ie. No Admins and Supporters). Is this part of the released version here?
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2010 , 17:19   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Well...
I donno.
Well, you could just post them here as an attachment...
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-20-2010 , 09:44   Re: Advertisements - MySQL Updated 2/5/09
Reply With Quote #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
Well, you could just post them here as an attachment...
Yes, please do. We've been waiting for Dog to post the cross server version for over a year and a half. He's been distracted by Left4DoD.