Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Tool for configuring amx

Post New Thread Reply   

surfer132
Old 09-01-2005 , 05:13  
Reply With Quote #11

how do i do it to a server that some else is hosting?

if you can AIM me zipdyeup615
+|}3V^
Old 09-13-2005 , 18:38  
Reply With Quote #12

Good work man, i love this... I hate spending much time editing my amx server info all the time I hope you keep updateing it

Btw i found 1 bug in the 2.3 beta, sometimes when i click inside the program and goes back to the main menu it say something "Cant open new window when another one is already running" and then i cant click on anything and have to close it by ctrl-alt-delete
Meatwad
Old 09-13-2005 , 20:26  
Reply With Quote #13

Someone needs to make an Admin_Adder GUI.

That'd r0x0r.

*hint* *hint*

If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, then paste this onto your forehead. (Laugh out loud.)

Admin Weapons II
jarro_2783
Old 09-14-2005 , 06:59  
Reply With Quote #14

The error should only come up if another window is open. If it is then close it and it should work. If that doesn't work tell me which window it is doing it on and I'll fix it.

As for admin adder gui. It's got that on the last page of each of the amx configs. It is a little primitive however and you need to just put each line in yourself manually.
I think I might just make a better one and add it to the next version.
Forum at http://amxconfig.sourceforge.net/forum
d4rkst4r
Old 09-27-2005 , 18:24  
Reply With Quote #15

do you have to save it any where special or can you save it to ur desktop?
scriptyboy
BANNED
Old 09-27-2005 , 18:28  
Reply With Quote #16

desktop is fine...u just have to specify the directory where your amxx.cfg or amx.cfg file is.
d4rkst4r
Old 09-27-2005 , 19:03  
Reply With Quote #17

and which one do i use?> amxx 1.0, amxx 0.16 or server.cfg?
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 10-04-2005 , 00:26  
Reply With Quote #18

wichever folder your home hlds.exe server is running from, go from there to addons/amxmodx/configs/amxx.cfg-your server.cfg is in ur cstrike or moddir. i wouldnt mess with your server.cfg unless you know what your doing tho if you want to know more about that, goto steam forums and learn about all the minupdaterates/maxupdaterats/clientmovement and executing files n crap like that
Old 10-14-2005 , 23:26  
Reply With Quote #19

sorry I don't check back here very often.

You can put it anywhere. All you have to do is specify what your half life folder is.

As for which one to use:

server.cfg is for half-life\cstrike\server.cfg it is the file that you configure when telling counter strike how the dedicated server should work. I have included the most common options and there is help for each option (I'm not sure if the one I released has the help in it but the next release will).

amxx 0.16 was the older version of amxx when it was called 0.16 which I'm sure no one has anymore because you all would have updated to 1.0. But then 1.60 came out and everyone probably has that now. So what I'm doing is checking to see if the commands in the two config files are the same. If they are then you can use 1.0. Don't use 0.16 because there have been a few changes which will impact how it works.

Note: You have to select your half life folder because the config file gets written to x:\whatever-you-select\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs
Selecting x:\half life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs as the folder will write it to x:\half life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\cstrike\a ddons\amxmodx\configs and that obviously won't work.
Forum at http://amxconfig.sourceforge.net/forum
nonoman
Old 10-30-2005 , 16:26  
Reply With Quote #20

Any versions compatible w/ amxx 1.6?