3% 

[L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]

Post New Thread Reply   

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 03-07-2019 , 15:10   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You need to tidy this up if you want to distribute it, you need the source corresponding source code for everything GPL-licensed you're distributing. As was suggested before, you should instead link to the existing release threads of the various plugins/extensions you require. If you get this into a state where it isn't a massive pile of copyright violations you can report it for re-approval.
Do I just need the GPLv2.txt and GPLv3.txt LICENSE.txt in the download? If so, I put that in the new downloaded file and also if that's all I require I can easily link the plugins for updated versions please let me know.
Old 03-07-2019 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #12

No, he means you must:

1) Link (like this) all the plugins in the main post, to the corresponding thread in this forum.
or
2) Add all source codes from all plugins containing in this post (through a single zip or through attachment), if you haven't some source code from a plugin, so remove it from the download, since is against the license and the forum rules, so it can be approved.

But, as he said, this post looks more to a tutorial than a plugin.

Last edited by Marttt; 03-07-2019 at 17:07.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 03-09-2019 , 10:39   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
No, he means you must:

1) Link (like this) all the plugins in the main post, to the corresponding thread in this forum.
or
2) Add all source codes from all plugins containing in this post (through a single zip or through attachment), if you haven't some source code from a plugin, so remove it from the download, since is against the license and the forum rules, so it can be approved.

But, as he said, this post looks more to a tutorial than a plugin.
OK I linked all the plugins in the main post to their corresponding thread as requested. I added all the source code from all plugins in the first download link in a zip. its about 20mb large but it has the source files and the .smx files packaged in 2 separate folders in addition to it being configured to be uploaded to a server for playing. Let me know if there are any more problems.

Yeah its not just 1 standard plugin its a server install so players can finally try this mod I've been working on for a long time. However the .smx and .sp (source) files can be found in the first download link if you want to just tack on some additions from this mod onto your server mod. You can even check out the server.cfg further down into the post to see the A.I. Director and Special Infected changes, etc. I did to make the mod fun/intense for experienced players, and tack that onto your server mod as well if you wanted.

Peace.
Old 03-12-2019 , 19:00   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You need to tidy this up if you want to distribute it, you need the source corresponding source code for everything GPL-licensed you're distributing. As was suggested before, you should instead link to the existing release threads of the various plugins/extensions you require. If you get this into a state where it isn't a massive pile of copyright violations you can report it for re-approval.
Anyone on this forum know where to report for re-approval?
Old 03-12-2019 , 19:38   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR15 View Post
Anyone on this forum know where to report for re-approval?
Right at the bottom left corner of the border for your main post there is an exclamation mark. Click that and you can report your post for reviewing.
Old 03-13-2019 , 20:05   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #16

OK I just did that hopefully all works out. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-16-2019 , 14:56   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #17

It's been 3 days and still nothing. So I was wondering, would this be better suited to be posted in maybe the server discussion (srcds) forum since it is a server download as opposed to just a plugin creation? Also I did finally clean up the post like a mod suggested but I would still like some advice before continuing. If nothing, I will just immedietely try my luck over there and see if I get better results.

Thank you all for the help as I did get the post into a state where it is pleasant to me as the advice here that was suggested is good and was takin note of and acknowledged.
Old 05-02-2019 , 20:11   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #18

Still need help getting this mod approved. Basically all the advice that was posted here was read and acknowledged. However, it's been a long time and no one has come to approve the post or said why it's still not able to be approved. When I put the source code in for everything and links to the plugins as well which also leads to the source code. So now I'm hoping it's in a state where it's not a massive pile of copyright as a dev said .

Please anyone let me know of anything else that may be left out that I need to add to get this mod approved for players to finally enjoy a fast & furious campaign mod that's fully supported.
Old 05-06-2019 , 21:12   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR15
asherkin,

Quote:
Quote:
I linked the source code for all plugins used in the thread I hope that solves the issue. Can the Mod be approved now?

Tried saying stuff like this in the report button, been a long time still no approval and no new reason stating why not when I updated the thread with the source code of the plugins used for the mod.

Please reply, thank you!
Quote:
Hi,

It is in the queue, someone will get to it when they can.

Regards,
Asher
That was in a private message. Hopefully all works out, sorry for the wait everyone.

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 05-06-2019 at 21:13.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-25-2019 , 06:28   Re: [L4D2]Arcade Edition[MOD]
Reply With Quote #20

Good job cleaning it up - looks like DHooks and Left4Downtown are still missing from your list.