Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v3.1 (Released on May 2020)

Post New Thread Reply   

foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2020 , 06:11   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 (Released on May 2020)
Reply With Quote #11

one of my players got banned for ragdoll thing convar with non-existing IP address and somehow + 5 other players not related to him got ban for duplicated IP address this plugin is too buggy. ( my ban system has Duplicate IP address checking system 100% not the fault of my ban system.)

Last edited by foxsay; 05-29-2020 at 06:12.
borzaka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2020 , 05:59   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 (Released on May 2020)
Reply With Quote #12

Just started using your plugin, and it's already banned two possible cheaters with the following reasons:
  • mat_force_tonemap_scale
  • cl_crosshair_recoil

And one of them just got a VAC ban!

Thank you for your work!

I have couple of suggestions:
  • support for Sourcebans++ natives (SBPP_BanPlayer())
  • more human readable ban reason, for example:
    Quote:
    ConVar mat_force_tonemap_scale violation
  • check for multiple violations, and include all of them in the reason
  • keep the checked ConVars list up-to-date, to minimize false positives
  • move source code to GitHub, to make contribute and issue tracking easy

Should I disable SMAC ConVar Checker plugin when using yours? If so, you should mention in the readme.
What's wrong with that plugin anyway? Maybe we could fix that, make a pull request, etc. It's banning people on my servers, and I didn't see any false positives.
Or you could get some inspiration from that.

Thank you again, and keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
one of my players got banned for ragdoll thing convar with non-existing IP address and somehow + 5 other players not related to him got ban for duplicated IP address this plugin is too buggy. ( my ban system has Duplicate IP address checking system 100% not the fault of my ban system.)
Are you using SourceBans++? Because if someone gets a ban, his IP address is saved, and if another player has the same IP and tries to join the server, he will be banned as well. In SourceBans++ it's for duplicate account and called SourceSleuth. It can be misleading, because if a whole community is sharing the same internet, they will have the same IP address.

Last edited by borzaka; 05-30-2020 at 06:05.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 06-01-2020 , 14:45   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 (Released on May 2020)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 has nothing to do with the players' IP addresses.
It only bans real cheaters by using the most common banning console command.

You should contact your banning plug-in's author(s) to tell them that the banning plug-in is banning players while their IP addresses are not existing or invalid (???).
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-05-2020 , 09:22   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 (Released on May 2020)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 has nothing to do with the players' IP addresses.
It only bans real cheaters by using the most common banning console command.

You should contact your banning plug-in's author(s) to tell them that the banning plug-in is banning players while their IP addresses are not existing or invalid (???).
I was pretty sure it wasn't a SB++ and it wasn't BUT also I'm sorry this wasn't a plugin fault!

The issue was with my hosting provider proxy settings for router. My server is behind 2 routers and there was some issue getting real IP but server used proxy IP for every client on the server that why whole server got banned.

Last edited by foxsay; 06-05-2020 at 09:24.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-26-2020 , 18:11   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Code:
nowh_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is only working on CS:GO game servers, blocks any kind of wall hacks while a condition is met. The default condition is (nAlivePlayers > 1 && nAlivePlayers < 11) and can be changed inside the .sp file.

notransmit_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is working on any game servers, blocks any kind of spectators' tables or spectators' resolvers so the alive players can't see by using a hack who is actually spectating on them.
One of those plugins are making players invisible when they run through smoke in CSGO. For a few seconds AFTER they are out of the smoke.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 06-26-2020 at 18:19.
_Black_Yuzia_
Old 06-29-2020 , 01:44   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
One of those plugins are making players invisible when they run through smoke in CSGO. For a few seconds AFTER they are out of the smoke.
Not a bug, feature
digin
Old 06-29-2020 , 12:55   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
do you have high ping when it making players invisible when they run through smoke?

Last edited by digin; 06-29-2020 at 13:00.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2020 , 13:02   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by digin View Post
do you have high ping when it making players invisible when they run through smoke?
Whats high? Its under 30 for sure. The player reporting lives very close to the server.
digin
Old 06-30-2020 , 10:55   Re: CS:GO AC: Cheating ConVars (2020)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
You're right, I didn't know that. Thanks for saying. It won't be approved because of that and it must be changed.

Well it's the only way, best or not. But I agree, there are too many ConVars to check.

I am only using this Plug-in and SMAC: No Wall Hack, but I've edited the SMAC: No Wall Hack Plug-in so it works on CS:GO, removing the normal sound hook from it and the Far ESP feature, and it's only running (smac_wallhack 1) while there are between 2 and 10 alive players on the game server. Otherwise, it would lag so much. FaceIT has these two protections already on their game servers.

I don't recommend anyone to pay for .SMX files or install .SMX files on their game server while they don't have a .SP of the compiled .SMX.

---

So, after everything you said, I am planning to create a .CFG or .INI file in which the game servers' owners will choose which ConVars will be enabled for checking. So it won't check hundreds of ConVars anymore.

I will also provide a .TXT file (just a note) which will contain all the FCVAR_CHEAT ConVars a CS:GO client has and their default value.

---

Code:
nowh_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is only working on CS:GO game servers, blocks any kind of wall hacks while a condition is met. The default condition is (nAlivePlayers > 1 && nAlivePlayers < 11) and can be changed inside the .sp file.

notransmit_v3.sp This Plug-in, which is working on any game servers, blocks any kind of spectators' tables or spectators' resolvers so the alive players can't see by using a hack who is actually spectating on them.
it just me or no? nonwh_v3 make hand/glove models floating after players die
xSLOW
Old 07-28-2020 , 13:27   Re: CS:GO Anti-Cheat: Cheating ConVars v2.1 (Released on May 2020)
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks for this great release, cheers

Contact me, fastest way, through my discord server:
https://discord.gg/SBHzDGbbgG
xSLOW#0508