Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

gameME and HLStats

Post New Thread Reply   

taRik
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-08-2014 , 23:37   gameME and HLStats
Reply With Quote #1

So what exactly is the difference between the two?

I was taking a look and trying to compare them, but I see no reason for why anyone should pay for gameME.

Is it just easier to use? Because HLStats definitely does work and does provide basically the exact same things as gameME.

What do you guys think?
Nikkii
Old 02-09-2014 , 00:39   Re: gameME and HLStats
Reply With Quote #2

gameME is a hosted solution, meaning you don't need to host it yourself, and it also has more themes, is probably a bit more optimized than HLXCE, and has a mobile theme.

HLStatsX will work fine if you don't wish to pay $5+ a month, but it will require more resources and setup/tweaking.

If you don't know what you're doing, gameME might be for you, but HLStatsX works well and is pretty easy to pick up. The reason why people pay for it is because it's a 'premium' service, they'll handle any problems and you don't have to worry about it responding slow or issues with it, ever. Some communities don't want to deal with it.

Also, HLStatsX has been taken over by a member here who is rewriting it too, I can't wait to see what happens with it

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 02-09-2014 at 00:40.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2014 , 09:37   Re: gameME and HLStats
Reply With Quote #3

Also, HLX can take quite a bit of ressources if you host 10+ Servers. In my case it caused about 25+ queries/second on the DB Server.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2014 , 13:52   Re: gameME and HLStats
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
gameME is a hosted solution, meaning you don't need to host it yourself, and it also has more themes, is probably a bit more optimized than HLXCE, and has a mobile theme.

HLStatsX will work fine if you don't wish to pay $5+ a month, but it will require more resources and setup/tweaking.

If you don't know what you're doing, gameME might be for you, but HLStatsX works well and is pretty easy to pick up. The reason why people pay for it is because it's a 'premium' service, they'll handle any problems and you don't have to worry about it responding slow or issues with it, ever. Some communities don't want to deal with it.

Also, HLStatsX has been taken over by a member here who is rewriting it too, I can't wait to see what happens with it
Understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
Also, HLX can take quite a bit of ressources if you host 10+ Servers. In my case it caused about 25+ queries/second on the DB Server.
Will this cause lag server side?
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2014 , 15:46   Re: gameME and HLStats
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by taRik View Post
Understandable.

Will this cause lag server side?
Only if you host the Daemon/DB on the same machine as your Gameservers.
Also, the in-game outputs (e.g. from rank) will be delayed.