Bad Camper 1.4.239

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-07-2005 , 20:41  
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl2003
Works good so far, except of one -for me most important- issue: if badcamper_allow is set to 1, the campmeter seems to be disabled. the last player doesnt get any punishments.
If I set badcamper_allow to 0, it works as it should.
If you set badcamper_allow to 1, that means when there is one player left on a team, that one player CAN camp. Exactly as you described. This is what you expected, isn't it?
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-08-2005 , 06:50  
Reply With Quote #22

Sorry I told it wrong.. ;)

No, what I meant was, that NOONE got any punishments. I had ~14 ppl on server and the campmeter looked like deactivated. I set badcamper_display to 1 (my standard was 50), but nothing was displayed on the hud, for noone (all the time speaking about 2+ living ppl on the tested team).

After setting badcamper_allow to 0, the campmeter got alive and worked as assumed. but with the value 1, nothing happens.
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2005 , 09:50  
Reply With Quote #23

Another funny way to punish campers is anticamping_monster, posted in the german forum here. Have a look at sma in the 7th posting.

If the campmeter reach 100% the camper is beeing attackted by monsters from Half-Life (requires the Moster-Mod)

The most loved, but also the most hated plugin on our Server ;-) but over and over funny to see people who joint our server for the very first time now scaring, screeming and running away from those "Anticamping-Bugs or our pets" (like we call them *gg*) 'cause they tried camping :-D

Perhaps you can add this feature, think other people would love it also?

Cheers, Curry
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-08-2005 , 11:05  
Reply With Quote #24

@pl2003:
I'll look into the problem you described.

@Curryking:
I'm intrigued. Two questions. First, can you give me the link to the Monster Mod? Second, can you give me the IP of a server that has the anticamping_monster thing running so I can see how it works?
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2005 , 11:13  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Jones
@Curryking:
I'm intrigued. Two questions. First, can you give me the link to the Monster Mod? Second, can you give me the IP of a server that has the anticamping_monster thing running so I can see how it works?
Monster-Mod: http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/monster.shtml

And if you want to test it, feel free to visit our server @ 85.10.193.233:27015 ;-)

Cheers, Curry
Old 10-08-2005 , 18:15  
Reply With Quote #26

When someone is blinded, due to camping, how do I specifiy the leght of time after the player moves that sight/vision returns? If someone could give me the command to regulate this I'td be greatly appreciated! Or any further links on how to use this plugin!
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-08-2005 , 19:54  
Reply With Quote #27

uF2k -- That's actually a bug that I just learned about. I'm looking into it and should have it fixed in the next release. They are supposed to immediately become unblinded as soon as they are shot or they shoot another player. They are partially unblinded (reverse of how they were blinded in the first place) as their camp meter goes down, assuming the player doesn't shoot or get shot by another player.
Elimination
Old 10-13-2005 , 13:30  
Reply With Quote #28

Hey brad, thanks for this great plugin.

I miss one feature... For my scoutzknivez server I even hate shooting campers, so my question affects

Badcamper_damage_restart

Isn't it possible to have a zero option that the counter continues even if they shoot or get shot...?

Would be very cool!
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 14:23  
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimination
Isn't it possible to have a zero option that the counter continues even if they shoot or get shot...?
You can get pretty close to this now. The minimum value for badcamper_damage_restart is 0.1. Anything less is rounded up. 0.1 seconds is 1/10th of a second. Close enough to 0, yes?
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-13-2005 , 15:35  
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimination
You can get pretty close to this now. The minimum value for badcamper_damage_restart is 0.1. Anything less is rounded up. 0.1 seconds is 1/10th of a second. Close enough to 0, yes?
What you mean with now? Is there a new 'fixed' version or is it enough to just change the cvar?

Do you got time to check the badcamper_allow 1 bug?