Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Spawn Protection

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-11-2009 , 10:55   Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #1

Avalanche, I briefly looked through the threads (and I mean BRIEFLY) to see if this was already discussed but I didn't find anything.

Before I ever experienced the spawn protection, how I assumed it was going to work was that when you rez, you're immune to attacks for x seconds. So far so good. However, I also assumed that the protection would end as soon as the player moved or attacked another player, as opposed to waiting the full x seconds. This is where it differs from my assumptions.

I'm not sure how well it'd work out, with my theory of how spawn protection should work. Is this something you'd be interested in adding to GG yourself, should I just make the change on my own copy, or would you like me to do it myself, but then share with you what I did?

Alternately, did I just configure something incorrectly?
Old 01-11-2009 , 18:04   Re: Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #2

No, I'd classify it as "working as intended." There are two spawn protection modes (aside from off), one which makes you invincible for x seconds, and another which makes you worth 0 points (but still vulernable) for x seconds.

I don't currently plan on changing the spawn protection. I've always assumed that if someone really wanted something else there would be another plugin out there for it. If you do change your copy, I wouldn't mind seeing your changes, and then with your permission I might include it in the next version; but I wouldn't want you to feel like you're working for me.