Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Regarding using this for TF2

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-01-2014 , 17:56   Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #1

How well is this kept updated for TF2? How does this go about tracking kills with things like Festive or Botkiller weapons?

I want to use it, but I don't know if it's able to do things like track kills for the latest weapons (such as the Golden Frying Pan which is its own weapon)

Better question would be how easy is the plugin/web interface to update, so if it is missing things, I can try to update it?
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2014 , 18:28   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
How well is this kept updated for TF2? How does this go about tracking kills with things like Festive or Botkiller weapons?

I want to use it, but I don't know if it's able to do things like track kills for the latest weapons (such as the Golden Frying Pan which is its own weapon)

Better question would be how easy is the plugin/web interface to update, so if it is missing things, I can try to update it?
I have not done "game" updates for HLX:CE for almost a year now; so no out of the box it will not have the new weapons in the web side.

All weapons are tracked though; as long as valve puts the weapon in the logs HLX:CE picks it up the ingame plugin just adds on to the logs so weapons like the golden wrench that show up in the logs as weapon_wrench will be counted as weapon_golden_wrench. Before some one hops on my nuts this is just and example I can not remember off the top of my head if the gold wrench had a different weapon type by default.

As for "how easy is the plugin/web interface to update"...I do not think it is hard to add new weapons but it takes time; you need to login to the HLX:CE admin and add new weapon to the game then create the images that relate to it. As for the plugin I have NO clue I do not know sourcepawn so I have never even rely looked at it.

TLDR; yes you can add any weapons that are not showing in the web side; and all weapons are tracked as long as they are in the logs.
Old 01-01-2014 , 18:47   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick4283 View Post
I have not done "game" updates for HLX:CE for almost a year now; so no out of the box it will not have the new weapons in the web side.

All weapons are tracked though; as long as valve puts the weapon in the logs HLX:CE picks it up the ingame plugin just adds on to the logs so weapons like the golden wrench that show up in the logs as weapon_wrench will be counted as weapon_golden_wrench. Before some one hops on my nuts this is just and example I can not remember off the top of my head if the gold wrench had a different weapon type by default.

As for "how easy is the plugin/web interface to update"...I do not think it is hard to add new weapons but it takes time; you need to login to the HLX:CE admin and add new weapon to the game then create the images that relate to it. As for the plugin I have NO clue I do not know sourcepawn so I have never even rely looked at it.

TLDR; yes you can add any weapons that are not showing in the web side; and all weapons are tracked as long as they are in the logs.
Wonderful! Also, I thought you were the creator of this (based on the Github or Bitbucket or w/e it was I was looking at), but I do thank you for the information nonetheless!

Time to get updating the web interface then, I guess!
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2014 , 18:58   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Wonderful! Also, I thought you were the creator of this (based on the Github or Bitbucket or w/e it was I was looking at), but I do thank you for the information nonetheless!

Time to get updating the web interface then, I guess!
Nope, just current maintainer // dev.
Old 01-05-2014 , 21:40   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #5

Someone made award icons for the Rainblower/etc which is a good start, it would be pretty easy to create an item schema parser to add new items and create award icons though. Unfortunately there is no easy way to get the event name without actually using the item.

To add/change weapons you use 'hlstats_Weapons' and just add the game event name, item name, point modifier etc.

Awards:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=210549

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 01-05-2014 at 21:47.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-05-2014 , 21:48   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
Someone made award icons for the Rainblower/etc which is a good start, it would be pretty easy to create an item schema parser to add new items and create award icons though. Unfortunately there is no easy way to get the event name without actually using the item.

To add/change weapons you use 'hlstats_Weapons' and just add the game event name, item name, point modifier etc.

Awards:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=210549
I'm actually thinking of going through and creating my own set of icons for TF2, maybe just using high quality renders of each weapon model sitting horizontally, then doing the actual backpack icons for each award, with the TF2 logo behind them. For spell book stuff, I may just use the fancy Spellbook item, and then modify the HUD logo for each spell and put the over top of the spellbook image.
Nikkii
Old 01-05-2014 , 22:17   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #7

Not sure if there's a blank, but it might be a good idea to put together a quick script in Java/PHP + GD/Imagemagick or something to automatically draw the weapon on the award background from the tf2 web schema

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-05-2014 , 22:29   Re: Regarding using this for TF2
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
Not sure if there's a blank, but it might be a good idea to put together a quick script in Java/PHP + GD/Imagemagick or something to automatically draw the weapon on the award background from the tf2 web schema
I can probably do a blank, but I'm not good with Java/PHP/GD