Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes (v0.8.3, 2014-10-16)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2013 , 18:08   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
I've gotten some reports that !revote doesn't always work, but thats known i believe.

But some people pressing F5 as vote make a screenshot now (they also do vote i believe) is this known?
Revote never works in the last 2 seconds of a vote, mainly because there's an enforced 2 second delay before the game (or at least TF2) will redisplay the vote after a vote fail or success message is passed... attempting to display the vote before then doesn't display it at all and not sending a vote fail or success to the client doesn't let them change their vote. Is that what you're referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Is there a way to disable the "Extend Map" option? (Running umc-nativevotes too)
NativeVotes doesn't add Extend Map by default. A plugin has to do that; in this case UMC is adding it.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-20-2013 at 18:12.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2013 , 21:22   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #62

Ok, thanks, looks like I'll have to take another look at our UMC configs.

Also, there's something weird going on:
After the first NativeVotes vote finishes, another one pops up for ~2 seconds and then disappears. Immediately after that, a hintbox pops up for 20 seconds (our vote time), with 0/x players voted. After 20 seconds, the map gets chosen randomly Q_Q
Probably our problem.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2013 , 21:27   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Ok, thanks, looks like I'll have to take another look at our UMC configs.

Also, there's something weird going on:
After the first NativeVotes vote finishes, another one pops up for ~2 seconds and then disappears. Immediately after that, a hintbox pops up for 20 seconds (our vote time), with 0/x players voted. After 20 seconds, the map gets chosen randomly Q_Q
Probably our problem.
I know I've been running UMC with NativeVotes on my Prop Hunt server for weeks now and it appears to work fine there.

(Now if only I could figure out why programmatically giving people certain items with TF2Items is crashing the server...)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-20-2013 at 21:28.
Nikkii
Old 07-04-2013 , 14:11   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #64

There's a 'bug' I guess you could say with when you end the vote, you should be resetting the controller when a vote ends, otherwise stock votes use the values of the last vote (Causing instant pass/fails). This is pretty much untested, but should do the trick

PHP Code:
Game_ResetVote()
{
    switch(
g_GameVersion)
    {
        case 
SOURCE_SDK_EPISODE2VALVESOURCE_SDK_CSGO:
        {

TF2CSGO_ResetVote();
        }
        case 
SOURCE_SDK_LEFT4DEADSOURCE_SDK_LEFT4DEAD2:
        {

L4D_ResetVote();
        }
    }

PHP Code:
L4D_ResetVote()
{

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_onlyTeamToVote"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_votesYes"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_votesNo"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_potentialVotes"0);

PHP Code:
TF2CSGO_ResetVote()
{

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_iOnlyTeamToVote"0);
    for (new 
05i++)
    {

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_nVoteOptionCount"0_i);
    }

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_nPotentialVotes"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_bIsYesNoVote"false);

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 14:51   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
There's a 'bug' I guess you could say with when you end the vote, you should be resetting the controller when a vote ends, otherwise stock votes use the values of the last vote (Causing instant pass/fails). This is pretty much untested, but should do the trick

PHP Code:
Game_ResetVote()
{
    switch(
g_GameVersion)
    {
        case 
SOURCE_SDK_EPISODE2VALVESOURCE_SDK_CSGO:
        {

TF2CSGO_ResetVote();
        }
        case 
SOURCE_SDK_LEFT4DEADSOURCE_SDK_LEFT4DEAD2:
        {

L4D_ResetVote();
        }
    }

PHP Code:
L4D_ResetVote()
{

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_onlyTeamToVote"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_votesYes"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_votesNo"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_potentialVotes"0);

PHP Code:
TF2CSGO_ResetVote()
{

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_iOnlyTeamToVote"0);
    for (new 
05i++)
    {

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_nVoteOptionCount"0_i);
    }

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_nPotentialVotes"0);

SetEntProp(g_VoteControllerProp_Send"m_bIsYesNoVote"false);

Wasn't aware that stock votes don't reset the vote on vote start. I'll fix that soon.

Oh yeah, I never did look up the vote type numbers for the controller's settings. I meant to do that at some point.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-04-2013 at 14:51.
VultureX
Old 07-08-2013 , 06:05   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #66

Hey, I've been looking a bit at the code and this plugin seems great, but is !vote really the only command?
Return to lobby votes and all that have been implemented already, right? I don't understand how to use them.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2013 , 06:07   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureX View Post
Hey, I've been looking a bit at the code and this plugin seems great, but is !vote really the only command?
Return to lobby votes and all that have been implemented already, right? I don't understand how to use them.
NativeVotes is only an API to display the votes and doesn't contain any logic to actually implement the votes.

Things like return to lobby are included because the game has translation text for them, but I'm not sure how a plugin would actually implement them.

Ooh, that reminds me, I never did finish the vote manager hooks to make it easier to use this to write a vote manager plugin.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2013 , 14:28   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #68

So, I found some other issues while fixing the one mentioned a few posts up. Unfortunately, while I've "finished" doing the coding, it needs to be tested in game. I won't have a chance to test it until later tonight.

Version 0.7.8 Changelog:
  • Players can no longer call an in-game vote while a NativeVotes vote is ongoing. This is to prevent NativeVotes and the server from fighting over whose vote is running.
  • The Vote Controller's data is now cleared whenever the internal vote data is reset (generally before and after a vote). This fixes an issue where game-created votes had the wrong vote counts.
  • L4D: The team is now set correctly for the vote. If you were having issues with votes not appearing, this may have fixed the issue.
  • L4D2: The Vote Controller's values are now set (mostly) properly at the start of a vote.
I still have to find out what the issue numbers are for the Vote Controller, but they don't appear to make a difference... it's mostly for completeness sake.
Attached Files
File Type: smx nativevotes.smx (33.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: zip nativevotes 0.7.8 src.zip (42.8 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-09-2013 at 14:29.
Zero789
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:32   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #69

I wanted use nativevotes as well nativevotes mapchooser trying to get the thing setup the reason since this is new to me trying to figure out how to make it work and and I run to a got couple of issues came up when I tried to use this plugins maybe you have a idea whats going on and help?

1.When I tried to vote to a different map pretty much disconnects me from the server.
2.Does plugins work on MVM type servers which I mean Nativevotes and Nativevotes MapChooser?
3.Does the plugins have any commands to be able kick,ban,and vote in the client side or its admin only access?.

I do apologize this already been answered but could be nice have a noob friendly guide on how to setup,install,commands,cvar and such for nativevotes and nativevotes mapchooser?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 01:20   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2,CSGO] NativeVotes [Beta] (v0.7.7, 2013-05-02)
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero789 View Post
1.When I tried to vote to a different map pretty much disconnects me from the server.
That's bad... not sure what would cause it. While I do use NativeVotes on my servers, I use UMC on one and MapChooser Extended on the other.

Are there any errors in the SourceMod error logs? I know NativeVotes is presently working with UMC on my Prop Hunt server.

Quote:
2.Does plugins work on MVM type servers which I mean Nativevotes and Nativevotes MapChooser?
NativeVotes MapChooser doesn't have anything in it to select difficulty for MvM. Other than that, it should work.

Quote:
3.Does the plugins have any commands to be able kick,ban,and vote in the client side or its admin only access?.
NativeVotes doesn't have anything built in. It does the votes, but doesn't process their results... another plugin needs to do that. NativeVotes MapChooser exists mainly as an example to plugin developers on how to port plugins that use the SourceMod vote system to NativeVotes.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-16-2013 at 01:22.