Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSO Costumes v4.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Dexon
Old 05-20-2020 , 15:54   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #91

Well, I have another problem (just realised);
The save is not working. I tried both of the saving methods (Nvault, Sql) nothing worked.
What I changed?
Took out some skins (CT, TR models) from the .ini file, and uncommented define zp in the .sma file. I didn't try it if it's working before the collation of models, but I guess my server would die if i'd enable more.
[CSO Costumes] Configuration loaded
[CSO Costumes] 139 Costumes loaded
Any idea? (zp 4.3)

Last edited by Dexon; 05-20-2020 at 15:55.
Smilex_Gamer
Old 05-20-2020 , 16:35   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexon View Post
Well, I have another problem (just realised);
The save is not working. I tried both of the saving methods (Nvault, Sql) nothing worked.
What I changed?
Took out some skins (CT, TR models) from the .ini file, and uncommented define zp in the .sma file. I didn't try it if it's working before the collation of models, but I guess my server would die if i'd enable more.
[CSO Costumes] Configuration loaded
[CSO Costumes] 139 Costumes loaded
Any idea? (zp 4.3)
Did the plugin create a table in MySQL or a file in Nvault before that change? If that's so, delete the table or file. Although the plugin supports adding and removing costumes without any problems in the saving systems, the plugin does not alter the table or file to support changes in ZP support. Maybe in the future I'll try to make the plugin adapt whenever you change the ZP support.
Dexon
Old 05-20-2020 , 17:19   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilex_Gamer View Post
Did the plugin create a table in MySQL or a file in Nvault before that change? If that's so, delete the table or file. Although the plugin supports adding and removing costumes without any problems in the saving systems, the plugin does not alter the table or file to support changes in ZP support. Maybe in the future I'll try to make the plugin adapt whenever you change the ZP support.
I forgot to say, I already tried this. Deleted the table, and the vault, but when it creates again it saves nothing. When I rejoin, it's fine, but if there is a map change or anything like this, it disappears. When I check the table, it remains empty always.
Smilex_Gamer
Old 05-21-2020 , 09:16   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
I forgot to say, I already tried this. Deleted the table, and the vault, but when it creates again it saves nothing. When I rejoin, it's fine, but if there is a map change or anything like this, it disappears. When I check the table, it remains empty always.
Maybe your connection to your MySQL is unstable? Try hosting a MySQL locally and check if the plugin saves and loads data correctly.
Dexon
Old 05-21-2020 , 09:28   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Maybe your connection to your MySQL is unstable? Try hosting a MySQL locally and check if the plugin saves and loads data correctly.
It doesn't matter, bcs as I said i tried it in Nvault as well.
I tried literally everything. Deleting files, readding files, change map, restart the server, tried to check sma, or the console, for something bad message, but nothing.
I have no idea why it isn't working.
Btw, i have another plugin which connects to MySQL, and it works perfect...

Last edited by Dexon; 05-21-2020 at 09:29.
Dexon
Old 05-21-2020 , 18:39   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #96

Well, I asked my friend who used this plugin about a week ago, and he also had problems with the saving system (he also uses zp)
May you check the saving system if there is any problem after the newer updates to it? Because I remember you said it was working on zp too (before some updates).
Smilex_Gamer
Old 05-22-2020 , 03:55   Re: CSO Costumes v3.4
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Well, I asked my friend who used this plugin about a week ago, and he also had problems with the saving system (he also uses zp)
May you check the saving system if there is any problem after the newer updates to it? Because I remember you said it was working on zp too (before some updates).
I will run some tests on an HLDS server with Amx Mod X 1.8.2 and Metamod 1.21.1-am, testing both ZP 4.3 and ZP 5.0. Although I ran those tests before, maybe I did something wrong that prevents the plugin from saving correctly with the ZP Support.
Smilex_Gamer
Old 05-22-2020 , 14:08   Re: CSO Costumes v3.5
Reply With Quote #98

So, apparently I made a mistake in Nvault and MySQL systems which prevented them from saving/loading data. I've fixed the issue and tested both sytems. They now work correctly.

P.S.: The issue was that I was using the native "is_user_connected" to check if the player was connected when loading/saving data. Turns out that the player isn't connected at that moment.
Smilex_Gamer
Old 05-22-2020 , 14:10   Re: CSO Costumes v3.5
Reply With Quote #99

Update 3.5 (22/05/2020):

Fixed saving/loading data in Nvault and MySQL.
Dexon
Old 05-22-2020 , 19:20   Re: CSO Costumes v3.5
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
So, apparently I made a mistake in Nvault and MySQL systems which prevented them from saving/loading data. I've fixed the issue and tested both sytems. They now work correctly.

P.S.: The issue was that I was using the native "is_user_connected" to check if the player was connected when loading/saving data. Turns out that the player isn't connected at that moment.
Thanks for the testing, now everything is fine.
At least I also learned something from this mistake

Respect for you made this hard plugin, and then published it.

Last edited by Dexon; 05-22-2020 at 19:37.