Groven
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2014 , 15:16   CS:GO cant remove bots
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, Why can't I remove my bots?

Here are the server.cfg and gamemode_casual.cfg

Server.CFG
Code:
bot_difficulty 1                           //Defines the skill of bots joining the game.  Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.
bot_chatter "off"                          //Control how bots talk. Allowed values: 'off', 'radio', 'minimal', or 'normal
bot_join_after_player 1                    //If nonzero, bots wait until a player joins before entering the game.
bot_quota 0                                //Determines the total number of bots in the game.
bot_quota_mode ""
Gamemode_Casual.cfg
Code:
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high					0.0	// Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low					-2.0	// Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)
bot_chatter											normal
bot_defer_to_human_goals							0
bot_defer_to_human_items							1
bot_difficulty										1
bot_quota											0
bot_quota_mode
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2014 , 17:15   Re: CS:GO cant remove bots
Reply With Quote #2

what is your startup line... are you actually running casual mode? type0 mode0? you should not edit Gamemode_Casual directly, you should make a file Gamemode_Casual_server.cfg and put your changes in there.
mlov420
Old 04-27-2014 , 19:00   Re: CS:GO cant remove bots
Reply With Quote #3

If you edit files like gamemode_casual or gamemode_competitive, they will be overwritten each time CS:GO updates, that's why Hamilton5 suggested you copy all the values in whichever you are using (gamemode_casual in your case) into a new file called gamemode_casual_server.cfg in the same directory. Once you do that, the game will automatically read from that file.

Bots and the removal of them are still somewhat of a problem in CS:GO. I have to use either the botquotafix plugin or our own custom variation of it in all of my community's servers. Below is a link to that plugin. It's a very small and simple plugin, and it works. Make sure you add the cvars in the thread's original post to your server.cfg or autoexec.cfg with the values you wish them to have.

CS:GO botquotafix plugin
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=195000

EDIT: In the OP of this plugin link above, the author mentions it being specific for use with deathmatch. Though it may have been intended that way, it is a universally applicable plugin. I have it running (or variations of it's essential functionality) on idle servers, standard dust2+vote competitive pubs mingling with other plugins, our 5v5 competitive/practice server which has an variety of plugins and functions, survival games server, kz server, and I've had it running on deathmatch as well in the past. So it will work for just about any type of server you're running.

Last edited by mlov420; 04-27-2014 at 19:05.