Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin Review Date

Post New Thread Reply   

Antithasys
Old 02-19-2010 , 04:05   Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #1

Due to the amount of plugins in the New Plugins section a plugin review date has been setup. On the last Sunday of every month, plugins with a thread start date of over 60 days will either be approved or unapproved.

This is to be fair to all authors and allow all plugins to be processed in a fair and reasonable time period. This is not to say that a plugin can be approved before the approval date, as it can and may still be; however any plugin older than 60 days on the review date will get a decision.

It is the general feeling that if the plugin is over 60 days old and is not capable of being approved, it shouldn't be. Likewise, if it is a well coded, useful plugin, it should be processed and approved.

This is meant to be something helpful and not let the New Plugins section get overwhelming for the approval staff.

Overall it is meant to be a positive thing and I think it will be.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?

Last edited by Antithasys; 02-19-2010 at 04:10.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-28-2010 , 19:47   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #2

So is there a way to see the "thread start date" in the thread list ?

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
Flyflo
Old 03-29-2010 , 12:49   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #3

You can sort by thread start date at the bottom of the page.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-29-2010 , 13:52   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2010 , 20:56   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #5

Did this whole "plugin review date" idea just die or something? There are plugins from 2009 still in this section...
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-25-2010 , 21:16   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
Did this whole "plugin review date" idea just die or something? There are plugins from 2009 still in this section...
There are ~7 from 2009, varying from ones that are still being worked on, to one just recently moved back from the Unapproved section since the author just started supporting it again, and one that can't be approved because of a database error on the forum.

At the end of last month, Antithasys and I knocked out about a page and a half one night, and I've still been doing some here and there.

One slowdown is that some are very close to being okay, but there is a delay because an approver posts a few minor things that need corrected, but the author takes time to get back to it since it had been so long without posts.

There are many cases where the "if the plugin is over 60 days old and is not capable of being approved, it shouldn't be." idea can't be justly applied.

It really is difficult job for the approvers at times. It is daunting to see the huge number of plugins every time you look. It takes time to read code of all different styles, and in many cases, come up with a tastefully-worded response on the (sometimes many) things that need fixed up before approval. While there are some that are a very easy, instant Approve/Disapprove decision, many don't fall into that category. It's all about being fair to everyone that takes the time to write and share a plugin as well as attempting to keep the plugin ecosystem clean... all in spare time.

tl;dr
We're working on it.
Artsemis
Old 11-03-2010 , 23:21   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #7

My apologies, but it seems this has been stalled a bit again lately. I posted a plugin a few months ago that doesn't seem to have any problems and is used on quite a few popular servers already. Is there any way to either get it approved or some feedback on what needs changed please?

Thanks!

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134264
Send a message via AIM to Artsemis
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2010 , 14:29   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #8

I'm sure the reviewers are busy with other stuff. It'll happen one day ;)

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=127987

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Experto
Old 07-13-2011 , 15:27   Re: Plugin Review Date
Reply With Quote #9

Please, I would like to analyze the plugin:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=148239

He has more than 60 days...
-Welcome Sound: Plays sound of welcome for the players