Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:26   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
The spawnflags of game_player_equip entity should contains the Use Only flag.

PHP Code:

public OnEntityCreated(entity, const String:classname[]) 
{
    if(
StrEqual(classname"game_player_equip"false))
    {

SDKHook(entitySDKHook_SpawnHook_OnEntitySpawn);
    }
}
public 
Action Hook_OnEntitySpawn(int entity)
{
    if (!(
GetEntProp(entityProp_Data"m_spawnflags") & 1)) 
    {

SetEntProp(entityProp_Data"m_spawnflags"GetEntProp(entityProp_Data"m_spawnflags") | 1);
    }

or you can just set flag 5 for use only and strip same weapon type.

PHP Code:

public void OnEntityCreated(int entity, const char[] classname)
{
    if (
StrEqual(classname"game_player_equip"))
    {

SDKHook(entitySDKHook_SpawnOnGamePlayerEquipSpawn);
    }
}

public 
Action OnGamePlayerEquipSpawn(int entity)
{

/** Flags: 1 - use only, 4 - strip same weapon type **/

SetEntProp(entityProp_Data"m_spawnflags"5);

Then you can manipulate the round_start weapons through cvars:

PHP Code:

mp_equipment_reset_rounds 1 
strip weaponskeep weapons
mp_ct_default_melee 
"weapon_knife"
etc
That seems like it'd break more maps than fix them, have you tested these changes? And wouldn't that still break maps that are supposed to spawn without knives and maps that don't specifically use any stripping entities?
Ah i see you were suggesting for jailbreak maps specifically.

Last edited by Mitchell; 12-11-2018 at 07:30.
kgns
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:31   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #72

you're missing the point, what I'm reporting is not related to this fix or plugin or snippet. spawnflag 4 is not working after the update, i tried to hook output of game_player_equip without success. im asking if this malfunction is there for everyone and not just me (due to any kind of configuration etc).

since when you search for game_player_equip on alliedmods.net, this is the thread you get, I decided this would be the place to reach future searchers the best

OyunHost Sunucu Hizmetleri: https://www.oyunhost.net
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:35   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgns View Post
you're missing the point, what I'm reporting is not related to this fix or plugin or snippet. spawnflag 4 is not working after the update, i tried to hook output of game_player_equip without success. im asking if this malfunction is there for everyone and not just me (due to any kind of configuration etc).

since when you search for game_player_equip on alliedmods.net, this is the thread you get, I decided this would be the place to reach future searchers the best
Yeah i completely missed your post since i'm on my phone. Does seem weird, i would have to guess that it's only you since this plugin is used on a ton of servers (or last time I checked) and none have them posted in the last week. How old is this jailbreak map? Are you sure its using the game_player_equip correctly?
kgns
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:46   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Yeah i completely missed your post since i'm on my phone. Does seem weird, i would have to guess that it's only you since this plugin is used on a ton of servers (or last time I checked) and none have them posted in the last week. How old is this jailbreak map? Are you sure its using the game_player_equip correctly?
As much as the map is old, I don't think it is doing anything wrong. Stripper dump shows these(examples):
Code:
{
"model" "*66"
"wait" "1"
"StartDisabled" "0"
"spawnflags" "4097"
"origin" "-2458.9 93.01 116.81"
"classname" "trigger_multiple"
"hammerid" "381841"
"OnTrigger" "ak47_equipUse0.01-1"
"OnTrigger" "ak47_equip_templateForceSpawn0-1"
"OnTrigger" "ak47_equipKill0.02-1"
}

{
"origin" "-2474.89 101.004 92.747"
"weapon_ak47" "1"
"targetname" "ak47_equip"
"spawnflags" "5"
"classname" "game_player_equip"
"hammerid" "381877"
}

{
"origin" "-2474.89 117.004 92.747"
"Template01" "ak47_equip"
"targetname" "ak47_equip_template"
"spawnflags" "2"
"classname" "point_template"
"hammerid" "381883"
}
I am using your plugin to modify spawnflags to what I want using sm_gpe <flag> command, and as I said, when I use 2 or 3, it works by stripping everything from the player and giving the weapon desired, but it doesnt strip any weapons if I set 4 or 5 as the spawnflag (map uses 5, which is 1 + 4, as it should be)

My guess is that they broke something with "same weapon type" control when they added lots of weapons and probably new weapon types for Danger Zone.

I just need 1 more person to check it and see if its working as intended or confirm it is broken

kgns
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:47   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #75

Forgot to say, its not just one map, it happens on all the maps that use game_player_equip to strip only rifle slot or pistol slot from the player.

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:52   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #76

Could be that it's certain flag was broken, do you have a map example I can go and try later today?

also...
This makes no sense. It's using the game_player_equip, forcing a new one to spawn with the exact same name, then killing it again, which doesn't seem like it's needed at all and could be getting screwed up and just deleting the gpe from the map entirely.
kgns
Old 12-11-2018 , 07:59   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Could be that it's certain flag was broken, do you have a map example I can go and try later today?

also...
This makes no sense. It's using the game_player_equip, forcing a new one to spawn with the exact same name, then killing it again, which doesn't seem like it's needed at all and could be getting screwed up and just deleting the gpe from the map entirely.
I'm not a mapper in anyway, never used Hammer or something like that, but what I understood from that trigger, that it ForceSpawn's the weapon it need to give to the player, then Use's (spawns) game_player_equip to strip weapons, and then Kill's it afterwards.

This is my assumption, because it worked before the update for years, it works even now with spawnflag 2 (i.e. stripping everything from the player), it just doesnt work with spawnflag 4.

You can use these two maps for testing:
https://kgns.me/jb_buyukisyan_pgg.bsp.bz2
https://kgns.me/jb_buyukisyan_son.bsp.bz2

Last edited by kgns; 12-11-2018 at 16:14.
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2018 , 15:37   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgns View Post

I didn't understood what you are talking about until I joined my surf server.
That's a valve issue, not a map one, you should send an email to them.

Last edited by Ilusion9; 12-11-2018 at 15:37.
kgns
Old 12-11-2018 , 16:08   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
I didn't understood what you are talking about until I joined my surf server.
That's a valve issue, not a map one, you should send an email to them.
sent already 2 days ago, but since no one complained about it for 5 days so far other than myself, I second guessed myself and wanted others to confirm it, thanks

Last edited by kgns; 12-11-2018 at 16:13.
kgns
Old 12-12-2018 , 10:37   Re: [CS:GO] game_player_equip temp fix (mg, dr, ttt, hg map fixer)
Reply With Quote #80

fixed by last csgo update: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2018/12/21600/

"– Fixed a regression in weapons equipped by certain community training maps logic."