Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

Proz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-11-2018 , 09:47   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
wait why would not having a MOTD prevent server operators from wanting to run weapon skin plugins?
From my understanding they use weapon skin plugins to attract players to their server and then they use AD plugins to earn money.. if they can no longer run ads they most likely won't be able to pay for their servers.. Of course this is not the case for all servers but I believe it's like this for a lot of servers.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 09:48   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
wait why would not having a MOTD prevent server operators from wanting to run weapon skin plugins?
Skin plugins get the server banned very frequently. Plugins that generate tokens cost money. Most servers cover that cost by playing ads in the motd
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 10:17   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
I already said i ran servers, never made money off of it either. If people wanted they donated else they played like everyone else I didnt have to have ad's or vip.

Again, Valve added tokens before the skins thing was a thing. But yup, keep thinking they created it for that. They make no money off of community servers they make no money off their own servers so not sure how they are making players suffer but, cool story. But how DARE they protect their player base and their intellectual property. Weapon skins plugins devalue players skins for those that bought them. If i have a fancy skin and i join a community server and see everyone with the same skin i paid for... suddenly i dont feel happy about that. But yup, they only care about money and hate their player base. Unhappy playerbase = less money so these arguments are fucking absurd.

I also know its easy to bypass the block, I've known about it way before others figured it out and started selling plugins for it.

EDIT:
Also, I know I'll get called out for "protecting valve"
But I'll say this, not protecting them.

The way they went about this was fucking terrible.
I wish they'd actually fix it like it is in TF2 (but even then I'm sure someone would find a way around it).
The removing of symbols hurt the community way more which i hate the most to this day (especially do to things that happened behind the scenes).

But I wont let server owners play saint when they do scummy shit and then blame valve.
If tokens were created before skins and the intentions of tokens even once changed for anything other than illegal non-steam, that's pure greed. Apart from the fact non-steam means less money for Valve, the existence of non-steam is a spit in Valve's face since they worked hard on a genius system that makes cheating and getting away with it impossible, the system is called VAC.

Also, I would really love to have !ws since my server has no downloads at all. If Valve were to permit it I could have skins for all players and maintaining my policy of 0 downloads. I could get custom skins but these reduce players when they have to download it and it sucks.

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 07-11-2018 at 10:21.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 16:14   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #94

I find Pelipoika solution kinda logic.

You don't have the money, don't do it.
You have the money, do it if you want to.

Don't earn the money through the players.
Old 07-11-2018 , 19:53   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
I love everyone that says valve is greedy and all they care about is money... as they sell vip, access to weapon skins and play ads every 30 seconds unless you donate (someone actually admitted this to me) Lmao. The csgo server community is a fucking joke and only care about money themselves. So every single person that says valve only cares about money look at yourself first. I ran servers for 1.6 and source for years and our goal was never money. I’m glad they broke motd and hope they don’t fix it too I only feel bad for the people that use it for actual good.

In the last few months I’ve been extremely tempted to leave sm broken for csgo for a few days just to see the panic, cause boy do people panic. I actually left it broken for about 12 hours or so one day, I woke up to over 1000 posts in a thread people asking why it’s not fixed and complaining, some good stuff. In the past everyone was all about helping each other now it’s how can I make more money then the other and fuck everyone else (not everyone is like this but a fair few).
Something needs to be very well dicerned here. We cannot put the class of genuine server managers together with money grabbers that only run servers for profit and unfortunately became the great majority. I agree with you Dr!fter in at least a few things. It's so good to see the MOTD going to the hell right now because there will be a filtering in our community. I also agree that the great majority of server owners are a bunch of hipocritical people. But we need to look and see who started this mess. AND I'M SURE that a certain company from Bellevue is who we are looking for... even if many disagree but this is the truth. And don't you worry. If the things keep going like this Valve will endup like PUBG corporation and will not allow custom mods anymore. Prepare yourselves to find another projects because as we can see MONEY is what really matters for both sides. In a situation like this instead of being united we are all split up arguing between ourselves while the real entity responsible for all these things are just having a really hard time making the accountance of this month's balance xD. They have total powers to make 12 years of hard work useless. Yes.. Sourcemod is now 12 years old. I can't just imagine how much hard work all people had to make this beauty.

But please understand this: We were a happy community until skins market. We need to understand this. AND OFC these who are breaking Valve rules are idiots. But it will keep being a mouse and cat cycle. I don't think it's fair kill an entire community for money. It's obscene and cruel.
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2018 , 00:59   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #96

Isn't faceit and a lot of tournement organizers are using sourcemod or metamod as well? Shutting down community server would have a huge negative impcat on the community. I hope and don't believe they will shut us down.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2018 , 08:48   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #97

I'm sorry but I'm one to use !ws on my servers as well as advertisements. I believe in the freedom to not have to pay for VIP etc and have pay to win aspects hence why my VIP features are VERY limited.

I simply run !ws because that's what people demanded, not due to the fact I want to be a cunt to fellow communities or yardy yardy ya. I would love to see the decline of the plugin as it is very scummy indeed but what's one person going to stop hundreds of others?

I understand the people who do not want to go to the level of adding it to their servers, I appreciate you for not stooping that low however if that's what they want, they want it.

As for advertisements, yes loud intrusive adverts which play every 30 seconds is horrific and those that do it are into profit ONLY. My advertisements are on animated banners so produce no noise pollution for players and this is how it should be. Does it decrease the profit? Of course it does but do I care about profit? No.

Advertisements are only used for covering the costs (as yes I find running a community fun, I don't find it fun being £300 short every month) as well as development costs (as I don't have all day, I work also). I've also got to the point where I've decided to start rewarding staff members with the extra cash from monthly cash outs. I don't want the money, it's the communities at the end of the day and I am just the director.

For those that will attack me and attempt to argue with my post are just naive and can't respect another opinion. No one here is right or wrong, let Valve do what they wish. I think there's both good and bad to come of it but I really do believe they'll kill off their game even more than they have done if majority of community servers close down (because 90% are for 100% profit and ear raping you) as people won't want to start server progress again each time and they'll be less servers to cater for the tens of thousands of people.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 07-12-2018 at 08:57.
Fastmancz
Old 07-12-2018 , 10:18   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #98

Is funny how you want to cancel the MOTD. But the MOTD will come back. You can cry even more. This is my opinion.

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!

Last edited by Fastmancz; 07-12-2018 at 10:35.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 07-12-2018 , 12:57   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #99

MOTD has been there since cs 1.6 (maybe even earlier, idk) , so i hope that they will add it back

OFFTOPIC: hahahahaha personal attack you say? saying that you 're doing the same stuff as other people you dont like is PERSONAL ATTACK? Hilarious.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2018 , 13:07   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
MOTD has been there since cs 1.6 (maybe even earlier, idk) , so i hope that they will add it back

OFFTOPIC: hahahahaha personal attack you say? saying that you 're doing the same stuff as other people you dont like is PERSONAL ATTACK? Hilarious.
Please, start a new topic, don't get this one locked.