Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2

Post New Thread Reply   

MiNameisJager
Old 12-13-2019 , 04:27   Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2
Reply With Quote #1

I seem to have a problem with the installation of AMX Mod X in my CS 1.6 Steam and install plugins. It says:

Quote:
Sorry you don't seem to have any files in your files-directory. Please verify that you have properly installed the full AMX Mod X package and try again
I want to install the AMX Mod X via the mod directory method but I seem to get the message all the time.

I can't seem to know what went wrong. Can anyone help me fix this problem?
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2019 , 10:11   Re: Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNameisJager View Post
I seem to have a problem with the installation of AMX Mod X in my CS 1.6 Steam and install plugins. It says:

I want to install the AMX Mod X via the mod directory method but I seem to get the message all the time.

I can't seem to know what went wrong. Can anyone help me fix this problem?
Mod directory method?
Downloading the base and cstrike versions for your OS, then combining and manually uploading is by far the easiest and probably the best way to upload amxmodx. Download metamod too and upload that, edit your liblist.gam, and your plugins.ini for metamod.

http://www.amxmodx.org/doc/index.htm...n%2Fmanual.htm
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2019 , 22:29   Re: Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2
Reply With Quote #3

IIRC, the Windows installer has a method where you simply point to your mod directory and it installs the files in-place. Granted, this only fully works if you have local access to the server files.

When I was on Windows, I think I remember using that method to get the files and then uploading them to my server (I may have needed to edit liblist.gam manually though).

You're going to need to give more details about your situation.

How did you install your Counter-Strike server? Is it local (you installed it with SteamCMD) or is it a hosted server (from a game server provider)?

Where did you see this error message?

Also, the link provided above is an old site but most of the instructions are probably the same but if you do download things individually, I'd recommend getting the version of MetaMod that is available on the AMX Mod X download page.
Old 12-17-2019 , 00:02   Re: Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
IIRC, the Windows installer has a method where you simply point to your mod directory and it installs the files in-place. Granted, this only fully works if you have local access to the server files.

You're going to need to give more details about your situation.

How did you install your Counter-Strike server? Is it local (you installed it with SteamCMD) or is it a hosted server (from a game server provider)?

Where did you see this error message?
I tried installing with the AMX Mod X Installer but when I went to the mod directory and input the directory of my CS Steam. The message shows up

What do you mean installed it with SteamCMD? Can you walk me through the process?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2019 , 22:23   Re: Need help with the installation ox AMX Mod X 1.8.2
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNameisJager View Post
What do you mean installed it with SteamCMD? Can you walk me through the process?
SteamCMD is the only official application for downloading and upgrading HLDS (Standalone Half-Life Dedicated Server). It's no exactly the easiest to use for these really old games but it does work. If you have issues, simply search around, there are plenty of people who've asked about it.

If you're trying to install it in your client (aka clicking on "New Game" in Counter-Strike), I've not done that for a very long time. I'd say that this is quite rare.

If you're still confused by that, then we probably aren't understanding your actual situation and you'll need to describe your situation better.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-17-2019 at 22:25.