Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Lack of moderators + Reporting posts

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2017 , 10:29   Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #1

The AMXX section is in a serious lack of active moderators and I'm personally sick and tired of seeing titles like "PLS I NEED PLUGIN" and threads posted in the wrong section. Now you will say "simply report those posts". Of course, I can do that, but only if someone actually viewed those reports more often and if they didn't require 60 seconds between each report. Seriously now - some random guy keeps posting topics in 3 different sections at once, and now he posted 3 topic in 3 sections, and I need to report all of them. So, I need to wait 9 minutes in order to do that? No, thanks. I'll rather post a comment in the topic because the waiting time is much smaller + the effect can be better than reporting it (if the user is smart enough).

So, PLEASE - either find some new moderators or remove this delay between reporting posts. It's a shame the biggest site for AMXX scripting to have such an issue.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 04-05-2017 at 10:29.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-06-2017 , 14:51   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #2

The entire website is like that, a ton of people might be good approvers/moderators/etc, thing is they have this complex way to join the staff nobody even bothers to try. I reported tons of posts but I almost never get any response or action on such.

Oh boy but may God forgive you if you dare to bump an unresolved thread, warning in less than 24 hours.
Old 04-06-2017 , 15:55   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #3

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ww.jpg (74.1 KB, 433 views)
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2017 , 16:16   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #4

Well, this was discussed few months ago.. i also suggested user's who deserve and who would do great as moderators ( Klippy, addons_zz, etc )

They said they will do something about moderators in the near future, but nothing has been done yet..

Last edited by Depresie; 04-06-2017 at 16:17.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2017 , 19:36   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #5

How is it complex to apply? You literally just write up an application through the bug tracker.

IIRC, reporting a post sends actual emails to the staff, rather than something internal to track reports. Further, moderators who want to move a thread to a different board require mod rights on BOTH boards. Etc, etc, etc. A lot, but not nearly all, of the issue lies with this old-as-sin forum software. Migration to XenForo has been discussed many times before, but all the customizations made to vBulletin here would have to be redone... Not to mention all the integrations with other parts of AM (like the bug tracker.)
Old 04-07-2017 , 15:32   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
near future
The future remains near.
Old 04-07-2017 , 18:32   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #7

I miss being active here
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2017 , 08:08   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #8

There'll be no future if it keeps up like this. Following the rules is optional for most people because there isn't anyone who would do something if they don't follow them. I'm pretty sure that if a section like "Moderator Applications" is created, many users will apply for the position. Creating a simple section isn't hard at all. Same goes for Plugin Approvers. There are enough active people for both "jobs".

I would also suggest changing the names of the "Suggestions/Requests" and "Scripting Help" sections. Adding "AMXX" inside them would be great, because people don't even see the "AMX Mod X" forum and post SourceMod things very often. Either make the forum names more noticeable with bigger font or other colors, or put some prefixes in the section titles.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 04-09-2017 at 08:08.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 04-09-2017 , 08:10   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #9

My idea would be, to add a popping window that appears just before you try to create a thread and says " Are you sure this is the correct Section to post this? Click Yes if yes and No otherwise. "
Old 04-09-2017 , 09:00   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #10

I just went through the first several pages of a number of AMXX forums looking for SM-related posts and found a small handful. Every single one of them had a reply from either OciXCrom or edon1337 saying it was in the wrong section, and none of them were reported. This tells me that a) nether of you have read the rules and b) posts that are being reported are being moved to the correct section and the author notified. With 10+ new members registering every day there will always be people that need some hand-holding their first few threads (and yes, there is a notice when posting for new members), but I don't think there is an endemic problem here past what ddhoward has already explained.