8% 

[L4D2]Tank Rush

Post New Thread Reply   

(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-22-2010 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
The version you uploaded still gives me timer errors, does not execs from L4DTankRush.cfg for some reason, or from server.cfg

Did you delete your cfg before?

I think this is a problem with your server. I have never had a problem like this, and neither have my friends.

Have you deleted your previous versions of the plugin?

The way the plugin works, the only way that the plugin's cfg wouldn't work is if your server or sourcemod was broken.

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-22-2010 at 16:45.
Searcher64
Old 07-22-2010 , 16:55   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #102

I updated my sourcemod, deleted my L4DTankRush.cfg, deleted all previous versions of tank rush, and all of my other cfgs are working fine....

Code:
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM] Native "FakeClientCommand" reported: Client 1 is not connected
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "L4DTankrush.smx":
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM]   [0]  Line 94, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/5/6/3/0/70282.attach::TimerUpdate()
This error was fixed with birno's version but the problem with the cfgs were still there...

I guess I can never use tank rush? D:
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-22-2010 , 17:45   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
I updated my sourcemod, deleted my L4DTankRush.cfg, deleted all previous versions of tank rush, and all of my other cfgs are working fine....

Code:
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM] Native "FakeClientCommand" reported: Client 1 is not connected
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "L4DTankrush.smx":
L 07/22/2010 - 16:54:33: [SM]   [0]  Line 94, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/5/6/3/0/70282.attach::TimerUpdate()
This error was fixed with birno's version but the problem with the cfgs were still there...

I guess I can never use tank rush? D:
Ah, I know that problem.

Hold on, I can do a fix.
daweedn
Old 07-23-2010 , 11:06   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #104

now this is great that we finaly can change some convars in game.
everything working good so far. thanks for that!
but im realy missing some convars we had in birnos version.
like:
-Disable/Enable Tank spawning while survivors are in safe room
-How much health will Survivors get when tank dies?
-and the "type !suicide to kill yourself function"
i think those are very usefull...
also what about the "survivor hanging problem" , is that fixed in this version?

both of you did a good job, and maybe you should put them together to make this plugin as nice as possible
birno
Old 07-23-2010 , 11:39   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #105

I think he don't want to mix the two version, he's too proud.
And what about Dark Carneval final problem?
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-23-2010 , 17:54   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweedn View Post
-Disable/Enable Tank spawning while survivors are in safe room
I can add that, but I'm pretty busy with other things, so it'll take a while.

Quote:
-How much health will Survivors get when tank dies?
The problem is that just adding health doesn't give you the recapacitation that "give health" does.

Quote:
-and the "type !suicide to kill yourself function"
That sounds pretty useless and is not what the addon is for.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birno View Post
And what about Dark Carneval final problem?
That's caused by game problems, since the game thinks that the tank part is over once all tanks are dead. There isn't a way to detect if the tank part of the finale is going on that I know of, so you'll have to play on finales that don't depend on tanks or just do a /slay @infected.

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-23-2010 at 18:00.
Searcher64
Old 07-23-2010 , 23:17   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #107

Ah, here are a few things/ideas that I observed when I played this plugin

- The !suicide would be useful. For example, on the second map of Parish with the trailer. A player incapacitates, tanks come after them, and the players cannot open the door because the incapacitated player cannot die (since the tanks are designed to go after the alive players first) The same for safe rooms also.

- The tanks are able to spawn in the safe room when a part of the room is not viewable by any player

- After a specified time limit, like 20 seconds after the second event of the tank (as in normal coop) the plugin would auto-slay the tanks and give a message. (It would also be really insane if the interval was set to 0 when the rescue vehicle is ready )

- Sometimes on the second stage on Dark Carnival (or sometimes other maps/stages), the tanks still spawn while the players are in saferoom even thoguh the safe room spawn is set to 0 (in birno's version, maybe Nazi can do a better job?).
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-23-2010 , 23:57   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
- The !suicide would be useful. For example, on the second map of Parish with the trailer. A player incapacitates, tanks come after them, and the players cannot open the door because the incapacitated player cannot die (since the tanks are designed to go after the alive players first) The same for safe rooms also.
As said, that is another plugin's job. Sorry. I'll write a quick five-second plugin, if you want.

Quote:
- The tanks are able to spawn in the safe room when a part of the room is not viewable by any player
Director problem with auto spawning. I believe normal tanks spawn in the end safe room in the normal game, too. I don't believe there is any other way to spawn tanks using navs.

Quote:
- After a specified time limit, like 20 seconds after the second event of the tank (as in normal coop) the plugin would auto-slay the tanks and give a message. (It would also be really insane if the interval was set to 0 when the rescue vehicle is ready )
Like said, when I find a way to detect when the finale tank event occurs, I'll add something like that.

Quote:
- Sometimes on the second stage on Dark Carnival (or sometimes other maps/stages), the tanks still spawn while the players are in saferoom even thoguh the safe room spawn is set to 0 (in birno's version, maybe Nazi can do a better job?).
That's because I believe finales have different navs, not sure. I think the next version of sourcemod should have a feature to detect what type of nav the survivor is currently on; that would be really useful.
Searcher64
Old 07-24-2010 , 07:46   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #109

One more question Is there a fix for the timer error yet?
daweedn
Old 07-24-2010 , 09:17   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi View Post
As said, that is another plugin's job. Sorry. I'll write a quick five-second plugin, if you want.
that would be great!

final only goes on if ther is no tank on map? do i get that right?
so why dont autoslay all tanks by plugin after a specific time, maybe every 10min?