Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance

Post New Thread Reply   

Shaman
Old 08-21-2008 , 23:37   [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #1

I couldn't find a good IDE for SourcePawn so I will make a suggestion instead of trying to start coding SourceMod plugins again.

The idea is to make players on a teleport entrance collide with ohter friendlies to prevent teleporter stealing.

It would also be very nice if it's coded in a way to manage priorities:
-A Heavy can steal from all classes.
-A Soldier can steal from all classes, but Heavies.
-A Medic can steal from all classes, but Heavies and Soldiers.
-All classes can steal from Scouts.
-The player with the higher points can steal when same classes collide.
Old 08-25-2008 , 14:13   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
I couldn't find a good IDE for SourcePawn so I will make a suggestion instead of trying to start coding SourceMod plugins again.

The idea is to make players on a teleport entrance collide with ohter friendlies to prevent teleporter stealing.

It would also be very nice if it's coded in a way to manage priorities:
-A Heavy can steal from all classes.
-A Soldier can steal from all classes, but Heavies.
-A Medic can steal from all classes, but Heavies and Soldiers.
-All classes can steal from Scouts.
-The player with the higher points can steal when same classes collide.
Hey,

There is a CVAR for this, that automatically makes player collide so it would achieve this goal, I don't know whether this CVAR would be what you are looking for?

This wouldn't carry out the kind of priorities you want but I think it would be useful and would server as a replacement until you got a proper plugin.

If you want it I'll find it for you?

Hope I can help,

Lord Max
Shaman
Old 08-25-2008 , 15:34   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #3

There is a list here, but I couldn't find anything related to it:
http://www.dodbits.com/downloads/cva...r_list_a-z.htm
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-20-2013 , 07:51   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #4

I realize this thread is really old, but the idea itself seems like a good one to me. I originally found a similar idea in this thread, but it's an extension thread, so it seemed like posting about it in an idea/gameplay thread would be a better choice if I could find one.

While searching to see if one existed already, I came upon this thread, which requested something similar, but not quite the same thing. While replying to it and opting to go over every entry in my search results rather than the ones with thread titles that actually sounded relevant, I found this thread, and thought I'd reply in hopes that someone can take this old, but lovely idea and make something of it (or, at least, see if there's anybody else interested in it that would want to go in with me on paying someone, since I can't really afford to be the sole person funding its creation right now).

Here's a quote of my post from the other idea thread, so people don't have to click all the links in my post to chase down all the info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus
Since this the extension mentioned above has now been integrated into SM1.5, is this plugin or something similar any more likely to happen / is there anyone interested in making it?

For what it's worth, the following idea was posted in the thread, which I think is a bit better than what was described in the op:
Quote:
Originally Posted by casvdry View Post
What we need is a teleporter that is smart enough to prioritize. If two targets step onto it at once, teleport the slower class.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2013 , 08:38   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #5

Or you could just make the teleporters batch teleports by teleportentity all the nearby players on the pad after the first one goes through... Just addcond the particles to the player and done.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 06-20-2013 , 16:53   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Or you could just make the teleporters batch teleports by teleportentity all the nearby players on the pad after the first one goes through... Just addcond the particles to the player and done.
Kinda game-changing if you ask me. Teleporters are designed to teleport one player at a time and then wait for a recharge.

One could theoretically use the forward to prioritize classes, but I have no idea if it fires the forward for everyone standing on the tele if there are multiple players on it.

I'd have to mess around with it a bit.
Old 06-21-2013 , 22:23   Re: [TF2] Turn on colliding for players on a teleport entrance
Reply With Quote #7

you'd have to track the entity with a timer && loop over players inside of the teleport bounds and set their flags (bool can/can't use teleporter) while they are on that entity.. and just kill the timer when the entref is invalid.