Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

PharaohsPaw
Old 04-13-2011 , 10:32   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
this new plugin works, but only after i opened/resaved each ad.
it now works as expected.

thanks!
Thanks markg that is exactly what I was hoping for.

So I think we can call this confirmation that folks definitely need to edit/save each of their existing ads as described in the 1.7.7 changelog and web interface upgrade notes. The extra whitespace being added to the server ID field was messing things up.

I'm probably going to "lay off" on doing much else with AdsQL for a while, other than maybe making a new pass over the install docs on page one to simplify/condense them, and maybe a small cosmetic thing or two with the plugin.
jab2000
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-13-2011 , 14:18   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #192

Just wanna say Thank You!

Been waiting an Improved mysql ad system.

-Dirty
HeLLsGamers.com
Old 04-14-2011 , 08:38   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab2000 View Post
Just wanna say Thank You!

Been waiting an Improved mysql ad system.
You're welcome.

I got tired of waiting for somebody else to do it for me.
Nomarky
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-14-2011 , 08:56   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #194

All up and running across our servers now. Works great! And saves so much time.

Thanks
nhsice
Old 04-26-2011 , 05:32   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #195

If anyone can help me with my issue, appreciation is speaking out loud. I have set everything correctly but the Hint text will only show white color. The top text does not appear at all and the center text appear to be very small. Is there any way to fix this? I even followed the demo website on how it set with top,center and says text but it is not working right for me. I am running this on 2 servers. Do not know if l4d2 is the cause of this or I may missed something from the tutorial but I doubt it. This error seem to be something identical to advertisement plugin created by dj tsunami.
Vojtoun
Old 05-03-2011 , 17:47   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #196

Hi, I was thinking if it's possible to implement one function to your plugin. I'd love to set what ads are players going to see based on their language. For example, I and most of our players are czech, so I would like to set some ads just for czech speaking players and some ads in english for our foreign guests. I'm using showthread.php?p=1436866 and everyone with czech IP address is set to czech language and everyone else is set to english.

Here's what I have in mind:
Czech Ads = Only seen by players using czech language
English Ads = Only seen by players using english language

Thanks in advance,
Vojtoun
Old 05-03-2011 , 18:23   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsice View Post
If anyone can help me with my issue, appreciation is speaking out loud. I have set everything correctly but the Hint text will only show white color. The top text does not appear at all and the center text appear to be very small. Is there any way to fix this? I even followed the demo website on how it set with top,center and says text but it is not working right for me. I am running this on 2 servers. Do not know if l4d2 is the cause of this or I may missed something from the tutorial but I doubt it. This error seem to be something identical to advertisement plugin created by dj tsunami.
nhsice did you happen to read any of the replies to similar questions asked in other advertisements plugin threads?

The issues you are bringing up are are limitations of the game engines involved. You can *only* have white hint text in any of the games I am aware of. Or whatever the only supported color for that game is. You don't get to define colors for hint text.

The top say doesn't work in L4D2 (or L4D either iirc). It's not supported by the engine. Center text doesn't display the right size either and I believe that is also a limitation of the engine.

Sometime when I have time I will try to add some notes to the docs to make sure people are aware of these limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojtoun View Post
I'd love to set what ads are players going to see based on their language. For example, I and most of our players are czech, so I would like to set some ads just for czech speaking players and some ads in english for our foreign guests. I'm using showthread.php?p=1436866 and everyone with czech IP address is set to czech language and everyone else is set to english.

Here's what I have in mind:
Czech Ads = Only seen by players using czech language
English Ads = Only seen by players using english language

Thanks in advance,
Vojtoun
Neat idea, but I can imagine it taking quite a bit of coding and experimentation to get right, though. Unfortunately I don't see having that kind of time available anytime soon. I have a lot going on and won't be able to commit to this or much/any other work on this plugin for a while. It is pretty stable/solid right now and I'd like to think at some point it will be reviewed for approval. If not, that's OK too.

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 05-04-2011 at 02:34.
Grandma
Old 05-09-2011 , 08:34   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #198

Hi,

As a request, I was wondering if you could incorporate the same thing that DJ Tsunami's did with regards to admin flags.

I'd like to be able to set admin flags on an advert so that only those admins can see those ads.

Cheers
SyNiK4L
Old 05-27-2011 , 22:50   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #199

need to add msay to the choice list if possible. but thx man great plugin
Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-28-2011 , 14:23   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsPaw View Post
It is pretty stable/solid right now and I'd like to think at some point it will be reviewed for approval. If not, that's OK too.
Someone of the team should review and approve this plugin. This is one of the rare plugins which is well documented, maintained and work fine without errors for a lot of weeks now on our servers.

Best Regards
Laplace
Send a message via ICQ to Laplace