Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Versus Only

Post New Thread Reply   

Pathfinder
Old 02-09-2009 , 07:56   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #41

I must have been real tired when I did that. OK its fixed now.

I'll get around to doing the game mode later on probably after they introduce the new Survival mode.

Until then if anyone wants a co-op only server. Grab the sourcecode, use any text editor and change the "(GetConVarInt(g_director_no_human_zombie s) == 1)" part to "(GetConVarInt(g_director_no_human_zombie s) == 0)" and recompile using http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php.
Keefer
Old 02-09-2009 , 17:16   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #42

I was wondering, the plugin works great btw, but after a group goes through the maps, it changes to a co-op server, which people can then join and play co-op... any ideas?

Edit,

I'm sorry, they can't join and play, but it does switch it to a 4 player co-op setting, then when people try to join it kicks them out... Which in turn doesn't allow anyone to join the server...

I also noticed on one server it just reset to 4 players... Then sat there... Don't know what was up with it, restarted it and it went back, but I think people are voting for co-op and it's changing the server then this plugin will not allow them to join, then rendering the server useless because it's stuck in co-op...

I have default maps set to vs maps, do I need to install a vote control plugin? disable something in the config? any ideas...

Edit,
K about an hour later, and now I'm noticing that a couple servers are allowing people to play in co-op modes...

Last edited by Keefer; 02-09-2009 at 18:15.
Pathfinder
Old 02-09-2009 , 18:36   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #43

When you say it switches to a 4 player co-op setting, do you mean it changes to a co-op map? more info please..

You could try checking the cvar (director_no_human_zombies), it should be set to 0 if it's a using a versus map. If its not, sounds like a mod is messing with it.

Hmm how are people voting for a co-op game? I don't think I've seen that option.

I'd suggest trying to set your default map to a co-op map 1st. Then removing any other mods you may have on so. Check it from there and find out if one of those is the conflict.
Keefer
Old 02-09-2009 , 19:07   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
When you say it switches to a 4 player co-op setting, do you mean it changes to a co-op map? more info please..

You could try checking the cvar (director_no_human_zombies), it should be set to 0 if it's a using a versus map. If its not, sounds like a mod is messing with it.

Hmm how are people voting for a co-op game? I don't think I've seen that option.

I'd suggest trying to set your default map to a co-op map 1st. Then removing any other mods you may have on so. Check it from there and find out if one of those is the conflict.
With the maps, yes they switch to co-op maps... Also they do not, sometimes it will say co-op and have a vs map, like I said it switches from 0/8 and a vs map to 0/4 and a versus, then sits... Or the other where people join and play a co-op map... Most likely the lobby connects them to my server for co-op and then they vote to change the map to a co-op map and then the plugin is ignored somehow...

director_no_human_zombies has always been set to 0...

And I will troubleshoot some more... But for now this is what it's doing and the only way i can get it back is to reboot the server...
Pathfinder
Old 02-10-2009 , 06:39   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #45

Id like to know how they are voting to change to co-op, this isn't built in the game afaik.
santaclaus
Old 02-10-2009 , 11:59   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
L 02/10/2009 - 01:05:21: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "versusonly.smx":
L 02/10/2009 - 01:05:21: [SM] [0] Line 85, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/4/7/4/5/8/36923.attach::SendMessageAndVote()
L 02/10/2009 - 01:05:26: [SM] Native "GetClientAuthString" reported: Client 2 is not connected
A little error in sm logs with latest version.

-----------------------

EDIT :

Important : your plugin conflict with L4D voteguard from Crimson
-> only when versus only is enabled => the callvote return to lobby is blocked by voteguard at map start, therefore public can play co-op. The console cmd still works.

EDIT 2 :

my bad edit 1 must be wrong.
Before your last update, the plugin was working fine with L4D voteguard on but the cmd didn't work.
Now the cmd work but the versusonly mode doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by santaclaus; 02-11-2009 at 11:39.
Keefer
Old 02-12-2009 , 16:09   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #47

Just wondering if the plug-in has been fixed up yet? I was still having that issue as mentioned before even with the server setup default... lets people play co-op, which in turn leaves the server in co-op showing only 4 player slots... When in vs. mode the plug-in works fine...

Not sure if it's a vote thing or if it's the join system in L4D... But ya, just removed plug-in for now..
santaclaus
Old 02-19-2009 , 17:45   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #48

bump i hope you would come back soon

Pathfinder
Old 02-19-2009 , 18:32   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #49

I'd like to be able to help but I'm not sure what the problems are. I've attached the original 1.0 version in case you want to use that instead.

I took a break from programming for a while as it driving me a bit mad. The trouble with holidays is you don't want to come back, so I'm not looking to do any more coding for the foreseeable future.

If any other coder wants to take the mod over, be my guest. Peace.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (versusonly.sp - 452 views - 2.6 KB)
Dark-Reaper
Old 02-20-2009 , 08:37   Re: [L4D] Versus Only
Reply With Quote #50

Hey man, I'v a request for you !

Could you make a plugin that makes a vote each versus ending ?

What I mean is :

We play No Mercy, Final rooftop, both teams complete the mission and... rather than go back to the lobby, make a vote to Blood Harvest, and vice-versa if we're playing on Blood Harvest.

I don't know if I'v explained good.