Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?

Post New Thread Reply   

FelixTheSpy
Old 06-10-2015 , 16:11   SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to make command menu for TF2Itens so you can quickly give yourself a item. I know how to make a list in a command, simply do "menu"{ "cmd" "command #1" "admin" "sm_ban" "execute" "player" "1" { "type" "list" "title" "titleName" "1" "cmd" "1." "Command" }}. But I'm making it organized so that you can view each givable item by class then slot. So for example you'd type /admin and click the custom menu, click Give Item (SELF), then open a submenu with the classnames, then click (for example) scout, which opens ANOTHER menu with the possible slot options and you click (for example) secondary, THEN shows the possible items, which if they click (for example) pistol, it will finally execute the command sm_gimme 23. Problem is, I don't know how to put lists within lists to execute something like that. Is that possible? I asked a previous question but for some reason I lost permission to edit or delete it.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2015 , 16:19   Re: SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?
Reply With Quote #2

I don't think it's possible with adminmenu_custom.txt, but someone could create a new plugin that does it.

To anyone who does want to implement this, adminmenu has its own interface to get the appropriate TopMenu back so that you can manipulate using TopMenu's commands.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-10-2015 at 16:20.
FelixTheSpy
Old 06-10-2015 , 16:20   Re: SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?
Reply With Quote #3

That's the problem, Powerlord, I don't know how to write plug-ins but I've been dying to learn how, just never knew where to start
FelixTheSpy
Old 06-10-2015 , 16:24   Re: SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?
Reply With Quote #4

TopMenu? What's that? How could I manipulate that and learn more about it, Powerlord?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2015 , 17:23   Re: SM adminmenu_custom. txt list within list?
Reply With Quote #5

I'm not sure I'd recommend dealing with the Admin Menu / TopMenus in general for people new to scripting. They're more complex than the normal Menu system is.

As for the basics of writing a plugin, it's always a good idea to start with the Introduction to SourcePawn.

There's also the SourceMod Scripting category on the wiki, although are aimed more at specific things you're trying to do.