Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources

Post New Thread Reply   

8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2015 , 10:16   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
What convar did you add in your last update? Perhaps you could add it to your notes on the original post?

Also, I get the below errors in the SM error log when running the latest version of this on my TF2 server. Any idea why? It's looking for CS:GO for some reason.

This is a great plugin and I really hope I can get it to work. Every downloader plugin I've tried fails to download these Hud files. I don't get it. The concept behind this one to simply grab all the files without a download list is awesome!

Thanks.
its not looking for csgo
its just the dir that the arthor is working from

to disable precache set sm_SDownloader_material_precache to 0
scso1502
Old 08-26-2015 , 14:27   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #32

Thank you 8guawong. I just found out sm_SDownloader_material_precache cvar defaults to 0. This could screw people up since it's not listed anywhere on the first page and is defaulted to off.

It's odd that the author would leave code in the plugin that would create errors in the server log for a game that isn't running, in this case CSGO. I haven't seen that done before.

Also, I don't think I understand this plugin by the description given in the first post. Do the files I need to have downloaded to clients need to be in the repository shown in the link of the first post or does this plug-in search the materials, models and custom folders of a TF2 game server and download the custom files from the game server when it finds them?

I have my own custom HUD files for my MvM server that need to be downloaded to the clients when they connect. They are materials files I've placed in my server's custom folder and I use an http download URL for the files. None of the custom files I use download with this plugin, so I must be missing something.

Thanks

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-26-2015 at 09:38.
Starbish
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-27-2015 , 02:20   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
It's odd that the author would leave code in the plugin that would create errors in the server log for a game that isn't running, in this case CSGO. I haven't see that so I was wondering.

Also, I don't think I understand this plugin by the description given in the first post. Do the files I need to have downloaded to clients need to be in the repository shown in the link of the first post or does this plug-in search the materials, models and custom folders of a TF2 game server and download the custom files from the game server when it finds them?

I have my own custom HUD files for my MvM server that need to be downloaded to the clients when they connect. They are materials files I've placed in my server's custom folder and I use an http download URL for the files. None of the custom files I use download with this plugin, so I must be missing something.

Thanks
Oops, i didn't think that 'custom' folder is still remained in any other games.

I'll fix this point in later release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 08-27-2015 , 02:25   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Do the files I need to have downloaded to clients need to be in the repository shown in the link of the first post
If i correctly understand, are you questioning about the necessity of the list of resources?

If so, no it doesn't require that. It automatically searches the resources, and make them downloadable and be precached.
Old 08-28-2015 , 03:02   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #35

Thank you Starbish, that was indeed my question and I figured that was the answer. Beautiful work on this plugin. It will save a lot of grief setting up download config files for people.

I have been searching for a download plugin for some custom MvM HUD files and cant get any of the plugins to download the files to the clients when they join. That's when I stumbled upon your cool plugin.

The files I want to send to clients are custom materials files for the top HUD of the MvM screen that show what robot classes will be in the wave about to be played.

The mapmaker directed me to place the custom HUD materials in a subfolder on the server called HUD under the main \tf\materials on the server (\tf\materials\hud\...vtf). I've done this, as well as placed them in the server's custom folder (\tf\custom\custom_materials\hud\...vtf) folder and they won't download. The map and other plugins download fine, it's just the custom .VMT and .VTF files in this custom HUD folder that won't download.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 08-28-2015 at 03:06.
Starbish
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2015 , 06:05   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Thank you Starbish, that was indeed my question and I figured that was the answer. Beautiful work on this plugin. It will save a lot of grief setting up download config files for people.

I have been searching for a download plugin for some custom MvM HUD files and cant get any of the plugins to download the files to the clients when they join. That's when I stumbled upon your cool plugin.

The files I want to send to clients are custom materials files for the top HUD of the MvM screen that show what robot classes will be in the wave about to be played.

The mapmaker directed me to place the custom HUD materials in a subfolder on the server called HUD under the main \tf\materials on the server (\tf\materials\hud\...vtf). I've done this, as well as placed them in the server's custom folder (\tf\custom\custom_materials\hud\...vtf) folder and they won't download. The map and other plugins download fine, it's just the custom .VMT and .VTF files in this custom HUD folder that won't download.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
i talked to TF2's community server adminstrator and told me It has the same system as CSGO is.

so basically, there's no reason that my plugin doesnt work properly.

did you add config files that are included in the .zip file?

if not, you should add them to make this work.
Old 08-28-2015 , 09:44   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #37

There are only 3 config files in your download that I can see. All of them are for excluding precaching of the various files. I have them on the server but they are empty because as I understand it, they don't apply. I'm not excluding anything.

I'll rehash everything I've done in hopes you can point me in the direction I need to go. It won't download any of the custom material files to clients from my TF2 server.

1. Placed a custom materials folder called hud with materials .vpk files into the TF2 server's \tf\materials\ (\tf\materials\hud)
2. I downloaded version 1.1.1.19 of your plugin from your first post.
3. Placed the files as follows on my TF2 MvM server:
  • a. Configs folder placed into the \tf\addons\sourcemod\configs folder
    b. Plugins folder placed into the \tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins folder
    c. Scripting folder - Like most other plugins, I didn't put the scripting folder on the server
4. Placed the following lines in my \tf\cfg\sourcemod.cfg file
Quote:
sm_SDownloader_material_precache 1 // Enable / Disable precaching of materials
Using the above settings, the plugin doesn't do anything. I confirmed the plugin is loaded correctly using the 'sm plugins list' command and got the below result:

Quote:
21 "S-Downloader" (1.1.1.19 - Dev) by Starbish
During testing I discovered some things and wanted to share them with you.

1. I checked the "sm_SDownloader_material_precache" setting in console and found that not only does it default to 0, but by placing it in sourcemod.cfg, autoexec.cfg ,or server.cfg the setting remained at 0.

Quote:
06:42:41 "sm_SDownloader_material_precache" = "0"
- 1 = Enable Material(vmt) Precaching
0 = Disable
The only way I could set it to 1 was to execute the cvar from the console. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it's important to note. I recommend this cvar be listed in your first post so people know about it without having to read the posts in the thread. I also recommend it be set to 1 by default and that it be able to be set in one of the main config files I listed rather than through the console only.

2. I also placed the HUD materials folder with a .vpk into the server's "custom" folder and the files wouldn't download from there either like most other custom content does with plugins.

3. I also tried individual files not vpk'd in both the custom and materials folders and still got nothing to download.

3. Lastly, I tried version 1.1.1.12 of the plugin and it doesn't work either for my TF2 server.

At this point I'm at a loss. Any additional thoughts before I give up?

Thank you.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-26-2015 at 09:50.
Starbish
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2015 , 00:02   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
There are only 3 config files in your download that I can see. All of them are for excluding precaching of the various files. I have them on the server but they are empty because as I understand it, they don't apply. I'm not excluding anything.

I'll rehash everything I've done in hopes you can point me in the direction I need to go. It won't download any of the custom material files to clients from my TF2

1. Placed a custom materials folder called hub with materials .vpk file into the server's \tf\materials\ (\tf\materials\hud)
2. I downloaded version 1.1.1.19 of your plugin from your first post.
3. Placed the files as follows on my TF2 MvM server:
  • a. Configs folder placed into the \tf\addons\sourcemod\configs folder
    b. Plugins folder placed into the \tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins folder
    c. Scripting folder - Like most other plugins, I didn't put the scripting folder on the server
4. Placed the following lines in my \tf\cfg\sourcemod.cfg file

Using the above settings, the plugin doesn't do anything. I confirmed the plugin is loaded correctly using the sm plugins list command and got the below result:

During testing I discovered some things and wanted to share them with you.

1. I checked the "sm_SDownloader_material_precache" setting in console and found that not only does it default to 0, but by placing it in sourcemod.cfg, autoexec.cfg ,or server.cfg the setting remained at 0.

The only way I could set it to 1 was to execute the cvar from the console. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it's important to note. I recommend this cvar be listed in your first post so people know about it without having to read the posts in the thread. I also recommend it be set to 1 by default and that it be able to be set in one of the main config files I listed rather than through the console only.

2. I also placed the HUD materials folder with .vpk into the server's "custom" folder and the files wouldn't download from there either like most other custom content does with plugins.

3. I also tried individual files not vpk'd in both custom and materials folder and still got nothing to download.

3. Lastly, I tried version 1.1.1.12 of the plugin and it doesn't work either for my TF2 server.

At this point I'm at a loss. Any additional thoughts before I give up?

Thank you.
Oh, you can set "sm_sdownloader_material_precache" on tf2/cfg/sourcemod, file named "plugin.sdownloader.cfg".

If i understand well, your problem will be solved if you change this "sm_sdownloader_material_precache" to 1.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and i'm absolutely sure your problem will be solved right after you changed it.

thank you for your feedback.

Last edited by Starbish; 08-29-2015 at 00:05.
scso1502
Old 08-29-2015 , 03:30   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #39

I already tried changing it to 1 manually but it didn't help. I downloaded your fixed version and it appears to be the same smx file dated 8/19/15 and it still defaults to 0.

Regardless, it won't download any files from my TF2 server. I'm wondering if it simply won't work on TF2?

I'm out of ideas. I've spent days on it and have nowhere else to go with it.

Thanks anyway for your time. Have a great weekend.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net
Starbish
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2015 , 04:28   Re: [Any] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
I already tried changing it to 1 manually but it didn't help. I downloaded your fixed version and it appears to be the same smx file dated 8/19/15 and it still defaults to 0.

Regardless, it won't download any files from my TF2 server. I'm wondering if it simply won't work on TF2?

I'm out of ideas. I've spent days on it and have nowhere else to go with it.

Thanks anyway for your time. Have a great weekend.
Oh, i didnt change the .smx file.... only changed a .sp file XD