12% 

[TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0.2) [11/13/2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2015 , 18:09   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2) [8/16/2015]
Reply With Quote #141

Heres a new update,

You can now spawn a mob of skeletons and set their colors (blue,red,green,yellow) and the model restriction on skeleton/king is removed, also added some option for intro/death sound and to teleport players whenever monoculus/merasmus dies and spawns that thing that sucks you into treasure island or whatever its called.

Version log:
- Changes: Now uses tries/hashmaps instead of multi-arrays
- Changes: Skeleton king can now use custom model
- Fixed call stack error onclientdisconnect timer
- Fixed issue with !spawn <boss> not spawning at users' cursor
- Fixed small issue with spawn music playing twice
- Fixed issue when unloading plugin does not remove admin spawned bosses
- Added new type: tf_zombie which will spawn regular skeletons
- Added new key: "Horde" which indicates how many skeletons to spawn
- Added new key: "Color" which indicates which colors to set skeleton (blue,red,green,yellow,random)
- Added new key: "IntroSound" which plays a custom sound when boss spawns
- Added new key: "DeathSound" which plays a custom sound when boss dies
- Added new key: "TeleportLocation" to bossspawner_maps.cfg which allows players to teleport to that location when monoculus/merasmus dies and spawns that thing that sucks you in
- Updated translations and other reply messages w/ better colors
Old 08-16-2015 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #142

Hmm I added the teleportlocation key below for Default map in the bossspawner_maps.cfg file - reloaded the plugin - spawned mono, killed him and jumped into the portal to not go where I have the cordinates setup - triple checked here and I'm not getting teleported anywhere..something wrong?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 08-16-2015 , 21:03   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2) [8/16/2015]
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
Heres a new update,

You can now spawn a mob of skeletons and set their colors (blue,red,green,yellow) and the model restriction on skeleton/king is removed, also added some option for intro/death sound and to teleport players whenever monoculus/merasmus dies and spawns that thing that sucks you into treasure island or whatever its called.

Version log:
- Changes: Now uses tries/hashmaps instead of multi-arrays
- Changes: Skeleton king can now use custom model
- Fixed call stack error onclientdisconnect timer
- Fixed issue with !spawn <boss> not spawning at users' cursor
- Fixed small issue with spawn music playing twice
- Fixed issue when unloading plugin does not remove admin spawned bosses
- Added new type: tf_zombie which will spawn regular skeletons
- Added new key: "Horde" which indicates how many skeletons to spawn
- Added new key: "Color" which indicates which colors to set skeleton (blue,red,green,yellow,random)
- Added new key: "IntroSound" which plays a custom sound when boss spawns
- Added new key: "DeathSound" which plays a custom sound when boss dies
- Added new key: "TeleportLocation" to bossspawner_maps.cfg which allows players to teleport to that location when monoculus/merasmus dies and spawns that thing that sucks you in
- Updated translations and other reply messages w/ better colors
Oh boy, I have a lot of stuff to set up then!
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2015 , 21:46   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
Hmm I added the teleportlocation key below for Default map in the bossspawner_maps.cfg file - reloaded the plugin - spawned mono, killed him and jumped into the portal to not go where I have the cordinates setup - triple checked here and I'm not getting teleported anywhere..something wrong?
Your right i messed it up at some point, i've updated it to 4.2.1 to fix that issue. Try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Oh boy, I have a lot of stuff to set up then!
Those keys are optional, but they do add more awesomesauce to bosses.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 08-16-2015 at 21:47.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 20:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2.1) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #145

Great Plugin! Here is feedback for version 4.2.1:

1. The following commands do nothing: !Horseman, !Monoculus, !Merasmus, !Skeleton King, !Skeleton Horde, !Warhammer, !headless_hatman, !eyeball_boss, !tf_zombie_spawner, !tf_zombie. In other words, I couldn't spawn a single Boss using the boss name.

2. The following commands work, but not as expected: !Forceboss 0, !Forceboss 1, !Forceboss 2, !Forceboss 3, !Forceboss 4, !Forceboss 5. These will force a Boss spawn, but not the one you want. Instead, they will spawn a Boss in the same sequence. In other words, if I type in !Forceboss 0, it will spawn the Horseman. If I type in !Forceboss 0 again it should spawn the Horseman again, but it doesn't. Instead it will spawn the next Boss, which is Monoculus. The next time I type in !Forceboss 0 it will spawn Merasmus.

3. On the Koth_Lakeside_event map all of the Bosses spawn where I have the coordinates set (center capture point) EXCEPT the Horseman, who for some reason spawns in the attic of the large building between the capture point and the blue spawn.

4. Sometimes after a Boss is slayed a chat message will appear and say something like "Warhammer left out of boredom".

Again, great plugin. I'm still using it in spite of the minor issues listed above. Keep up the great work!
Mr.Orion
Old 08-19-2015 , 22:09   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2.1) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Great Plugin! Here is feedback for version 4.2.1:

1. The following commands do nothing: !Horseman, !Monoculus, !Merasmus, !Skeleton King, !Skeleton Horde, !Warhammer, !headless_hatman, !eyeball_boss, !tf_zombie_spawner, !tf_zombie. In other words, I couldn't spawn a single Boss using the boss name.

2. The following commands work, but not as expected: !Forceboss 0, !Forceboss 1, !Forceboss 2, !Forceboss 3, !Forceboss 4, !Forceboss 5. These will force a Boss spawn, but not the one you want. Instead, they will spawn a Boss in the same sequence. In other words, if I type in !Forceboss 0, it will spawn the Horseman. If I type in !Forceboss 0 again it should spawn the Horseman again, but it doesn't. Instead it will spawn the next Boss, which is Monoculus. The next time I type in !Forceboss 0 it will spawn Merasmus.

3. On the Koth_Lakeside_event map all of the Bosses spawn where I have the coordinates set (center capture point) EXCEPT the Horseman, who for some reason spawns in the attic of the large building between the capture point and the blue spawn.

4. Sometimes after a Boss is slayed a chat message will appear and say something like "Warhammer left out of boredom".

Again, great plugin. I'm still using it in spite of the minor issues listed above. Keep up the great work!
1. That's not the command, it's !spawn <name>. Not !<name>.
2. Forcespawn doesn't spawn the boss you want, it spawns a random boss in you boss config.
3. IDK.
4. Who knows.
Old 08-20-2015 , 13:55   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2.1) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #147

2. I tried to add that to 4.2.1 but i came into some issues and got a bit lazy, i'll try again.
3. bossspawner_boss.cfg added a new "Position" key, in the example the horseman has a "position" key added as an example, it's for individual boss spawn location, if you don't specify it then it will use the default spawn location at bossspawner_maps.cfg. You can either delete the "position" key or use the same value as the bossspawner_maps.cfg
4. IDK either it's probably an issue with the timer and i'll check it out.
Old 08-21-2015 , 19:53   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.2.1) [8/16/2015] - Skeleton Horde!
Reply With Quote #148

Suggestion: Add in a secondary boss spawning command that allows for args to be added, i.e:

sm_spawncustom <boss name> <size> <health>

Suggesting this namely because it was featured in r3dw3r3w0lf's Boss Spawns plugin, and I'd hate to have to run two separate plugins for boss spawning as my admins would most likely become insanely confused, having to remember all the commands.

Also, perhaps you could look into setting up a menu that reads from the boss CFG file and lists all available bosses. When selected, two options could be given, "spawn at indicated co-ordinates" (if co-ords are even specified), or "spawn at crosshair"....or just make the boss spawn at the admin's crosshair because that's easier.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2015 , 00:57   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.1) [7/31/2015]
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Nice mod!
Now if I could just get somebody to re-rig the pedo-bear model to be compatible (the one I have was made for CS:S not TF2), my community would be ecstatic.
You can always reuse the models/materials from this plugin:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=225095

Not sure if it's the same pedo-bear model as the one on your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Suggestion: Add in a secondary boss spawning command that allows for args to be added, i.e:

sm_spawncustom <boss name> <size> <health>

Suggesting this namely because it was featured in r3dw3r3w0lf's Boss Spawns plugin, and I'd hate to have to run two separate plugins for boss spawning as my admins would most likely become insanely confused, having to remember all the commands.

Also, perhaps you could look into setting up a menu that reads from the boss CFG file and lists all available bosses. When selected, two options could be given, "spawn at indicated co-ordinates" (if co-ords are even specified), or "spawn at crosshair"....or just make the boss spawn at the admin's crosshair because that's easier.
I was trying to do that for 4.2.1 but i had some issues with boss paramaters. I'll give it another go and see.

Also i noticed that the bossspawner_boss.cfg had spaces in the name (ex: "Skeleton King" && "Skeleton Horde")
That might have issues if you use the command !spawn Skeleton King. So change that to Skeleton_King && Skeleton_Horde.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 08-27-2015 at 01:03.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2015 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.1) [7/31/2015]
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
You can always reuse the models/materials from this plugin:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=225095
Not sure if it's the same pedo-bear model as the one on your server.
That plug-in I believe actually uses a "sprite" rather than a "model". It is what I was using before switching to this plug-in, which is slightly better (i.e. at least it's a 3d model now, albeit un-animated - instead of a 2d sprite).