12% 

Admin Slots f117bomb Style

Post New Thread Reply   

nighttrain
Old 09-15-2004 , 22:59  
Reply With Quote #81

Thanks for the help so far.

I have 1 more question.

I know that there is a "amx_reservation" in the .sma file that you need to set to either 1 or 2 depending on what method you want people to be kicked by. We want people kicked by highest ping so we set it to 2 and then recompiled the .sma.

There is also a "amx_reservation " in the amxx.cfg file. Do I set this to 2 if I want players kicked by highest ping or do I set this to 1 so that only 1 slot is reserved? The reason I ask is that we have it set to 1 and people are being kicked by last to join instead of by highest ping and I am wondering if this si the problem. Do we even need this in the amxx.cfg?

Any help would be much appreciated.

/Night
nighttrain
Old 09-16-2004 , 09:18  
Reply With Quote #82

I actually thought of another question as well.

It seems that admins can be kicked by this plugin. Is it possibel to make it so that if the highest ping is an admin it looks for the next highest ping so that an admin doesn't get kicked to make room for an admin?

/Night
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2004 , 09:26  
Reply With Quote #83

If an admin has reserved access, ensure he also has immunity... that should do it.

Vic/DT
Old 09-16-2004 , 10:05  
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain
Thanks for the help so far.

I have 1 more question.

I know that there is a "amx_reservation" in the .sma file that you need to set to either 1 or 2 depending on what method you want people to be kicked by. We want people kicked by highest ping so we set it to 2 and then recompiled the .sma.

There is also a "amx_reservation " in the amxx.cfg file. Do I set this to 2 if I want players kicked by highest ping or do I set this to 1 so that only 1 slot is reserved? The reason I ask is that we have it set to 1 and people are being kicked by last to join instead of by highest ping and I am wondering if this si the problem. Do we even need this in the amxx.cfg?

Any help would be much appreciated.

/Night
Thank you DoubleTap, I'll check that. Can you answer my first question which is quoted right above? I think I may be undoing my "highest ping" method my setting amx_reservations in amxx.cfg to 1. Can you please give me some guidance on that? Should that cvar be set to 2 or should it be eliminated from the amxx.cfg?

/Night
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-16-2004 , 10:25  
Reply With Quote #85

you don't have to change anything in the source at all,
set amx_reservation to 2 in your amxx.cfg and people with highest ping will
be kicked.
nighttrain
Old 09-16-2004 , 14:17  
Reply With Quote #86

Thank you.

/Night
Melt284
Old 09-18-2004 , 15:34  
Reply With Quote #87

Win32, cstrike
AMX Mod X 0.20 (20040918 nightly build)

This plugin compiles and runs fine without errors. There is one small problem however.

When an admin joins and a player is kicked (for example "Bob" is kicked) the admin will see "Bob" on the scoreboard until there is a map change. "Bob" will appear to have no ping and only the admin who joins the reserved slot will see this.
jackflack
Old 09-23-2004 , 21:19  
Reply With Quote #88

Hey Double, I started using this and it works so much better then the default slot reservation. I do have one issue and am not sure if its me or the plugin

When someone connects and does not have access to the reserved slot it just drops them back to the cs ingame screen with no reason whatsoever.

Code:
public ackSignal(id) {   new lReason[64]   format(lReason,63,"%L",id,"DROPPED_RES")   server_cmd("kick #%d ^"%s^"", get_user_userid(id), lReason ) }

I see 1Reason in the plugin, so is it supposed to call that from somewhere else and I don't have that defined? Or is it not supposed to give a reason?

thanks

-jack
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2004 , 09:42  
Reply With Quote #89

They probably changed the .inc file call for on of the comands, so you see they last one that tried to execute. If someone wants to convert this before they are done playing with RC's and stuff they can do that. I dont code so I dont want to change this everytime they make hanges.

Vic/DT
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2004 , 11:38  
Reply With Quote #90

Plugin does not work for me. It runs properly, but when the server is full, steam won't even let me try to connect

Do I have to let the amxx-standartplugin for slotreservation activated?