Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin Slots f117bomb Style

Post New Thread Reply   

Got_Milk?
Old 09-06-2004 , 15:59   Not working for us
Reply With Quote #71

We can't seem to get this plugin working. Actually, I don't think it's a problem with the plugin, but we need some help. After adding in a few logging statements to help debug, it seems like the get_user_flags call isn't quite working properly for us for some reason.

Our user.ini is set up correctly, our admins are recognized as admins as proven by other plugins we use, but for some reason the slot reservation flag just doesn't work. Any ideas or more debugging suggestions?

EDIT: Upon further debugging, it appears that the get_user_flags call doesn't retrieve any of the flags at all, not just the slot reservation flag. Does anyone know why this wouldn't work? It seems to work in all the other plugins.

Where does the get_user_flags function retrieve the flags from? I know the docs say use index=0 to retrieve from the server. Is that the default? Where else would it retrieve the flags from? If index=0 then how do we know which user's flags we're getting?
ZodiacMindwarp
Old 09-08-2004 , 17:58  
Reply With Quote #72

I had this plugin running perfect with AMXx 0.16, now I am running the new AMXx 0.20 TP4 and cannot get it to compile. Is there plans for a port on this to the new AMXx 0.20 or can it be ported? Please advise.

Thanks

RichNet.tv NS:COMBAT:SoCal[RNT]
12.191.247.153:27015
RichNet.tv NS:MvM:SoCal[RNT]
12.191.247.154:27015
RichNet.tv Quake III HeadHunters SoCal[RNT]
66.254.94.10:27960
Send a message via AIM to ZodiacMindwarp
Blunted1
Old 09-08-2004 , 18:00  
Reply With Quote #73

amxx 0.20 does NOT exist yet.
As amxx 0.20 TP4 is only beta, you will probably find that most plugins will not be updated until amxx 0.20 is stable and released
ZodiacMindwarp
Old 09-08-2004 , 19:02  
Reply With Quote #74

I realize that AMXx 0.20 is Beta but isn't most all of the plugins/games also? Why would any dev wait until a final release before updating, it would seem as though a Beta on a plugin for a new engine system would be wise it would seem.

RichNet.tv NS:COMBAT:SoCal[RNT]
12.191.247.153:27015
RichNet.tv NS:MvM:SoCal[RNT]
12.191.247.154:27015
RichNet.tv Quake III HeadHunters SoCal[RNT]
66.254.94.10:27960
Send a message via AIM to ZodiacMindwarp
Blunted1
Old 09-08-2004 , 19:29  
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacMindwarp
I realize that AMXx 0.20 is Beta but isn't most all of the plugins/games also? Why would any dev wait until a final release before updating, it would seem as though a Beta on a plugin for a new engine system would be wise it would seem.
I see where you are comeing from but it depends on your perspective.

Technically amx 0.99 is a beta and in the same light amxx 0.16 is also a beta, but both are the current release from each community.
If that is what you mean by beta, then TP4 would be considered more of an alpha or even a pre-alpha.

Not many people are willing to update a plugin everytime a TP or RC is released.
The main reason being that as you have seen sometimes TP's or RC's can be released within days of each other and can have such large bugs or changes from the last version that plugins would then have to be modified again.
Expecting such support is ludicrous and I am amazed to see how many people forum wide are almost demanding or expecting it.

I am NOT saying it is not possible or that it shouldn't be done... I am saying it is highly unlikely and is not anyones "responsibility" to do so.
TP's and RC's are for testing purposes only and are used to better the final version (amxx 0.20 if/when it does gets released).

To answer your original question a bit clearer, yes it can be ported but that would be almost redundant at this point and will probably not be done until an official release unless the author decides otherwise.
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2004 , 10:50  
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunted1
To answer your original question a bit clearer, yes it can be ported but that would be almost redundant at this point and will probably not be done until an official release unless the author decides otherwise.
Ding ding ding... we got a winner They keep reinventing the wheel and I am no coder... when they release 0.20 I will catch up with the changes or have someone update this.

Vic/DT
Old 09-13-2004 , 14:52  
Reply With Quote #77

I rent an 18 player server from Game Daemons. I'd like to use this plugin because it is full 24/7. This may be a huge noob question, but I'll ask anyways because I need help:

Where do I set max_players? I wonder if this is option available to me? I want to set it to 19, but I'm not sure I can being that I rent from GD.

Any help would be appreciated.

/NightTrain
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-13-2004 , 15:48  
Reply With Quote #78

you can't set the maxplayers of a rented server, you have to ask
your provider to do it for you.

(some offer 1 extra slot for a very low fee per month)

just ask for it.
Rastin
Old 09-13-2004 , 23:35  
Reply With Quote #79

I rent a 16 man server from game extreme. I simply asked if I could up my total number to 17. What I did was told them of the plugin I was looking at, mentioned that I do pay for a 16 man server. And also mentioned that the 17th slot would not be a playable slot. They gave it to me without charge.
Old 09-15-2004 , 10:56  
Reply With Quote #80

good job ,thx