Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Slots Problem :(

Post New Thread Reply   

Bibihotz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-29-2013 , 14:20   [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #1

i'm running a l4d2 dedicated server in ubuntu server 12.4. I saw many servers running campain with 10+ slots and i'm asking if anyone know how to setup a server like that. i tryied: +maxplayers 10, -maxplayers 10 in command line, sv_maxplayers 10 in server.cfg ,"L4D2 8 Survivors"plugin and "L4D SuperVersus" plugin
noxman
Old 12-29-2013 , 14:45   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #2

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93600

sv_maxplayers "x"
Bibihotz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-29-2013 , 16:33   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxman View Post
i have this plugin installed but it didn't work
noxman
Old 12-29-2013 , 16:50   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #4

Upload this to your GS. (linux only)

addons.rar

Last edited by noxman; 12-29-2013 at 16:51.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2013 , 02:22   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibihotz View Post
i'm running a l4d2 dedicated server in ubuntu server 12.4. I saw many servers running campain with 10+ slots and i'm asking if anyone know how to setup a server like that. i tryied: +maxplayers 10, -maxplayers 10 in command line, sv_maxplayers 10 in server.cfg ,"L4D2 8 Survivors"plugin and "L4D SuperVersus" plugin
You need two things to unlock additional player slots on an l4d2 server:

Step 1 - An extension or plugin to unlock the 4 player coop and 8 player versus limit
Step 2 - A plugin that will make the unlocked slots useable

Step 1
To unlock the player slot limits you can use either left4downtrown2 player slots SourceMod extension or L4Dtoolz Metamod plugin. Both of these will uncap the 4-player coop and 8-player versus limit and allow you to set the maximum number of players that can join the server. However, these only open spectator slots, not player slots, so you need an additional plugin to make the additional slots playable.

Your server.cfg settings are as follows:

If you use L4Dtoolz
sv_maxplayers "10" or whatever value you want
sv_removehumanlimit "1" this removes the lobby reservation so players can still join from a steam group server list after the default player slots are filled

-OR-

If you useLeft4Downtown2 Player Slots Build
l4d_maxplayers "10" or whatever value you want

Left4Downtown 2 does not remover the lobby reservation, however, so you need an additional plugin, like [L4D2] Remove Lobby Reservation When Full 1.1.1 The default setting for the plugin is "on", so yo don't need to add a cvar to your server.cfg. It needs the Left4Downtown2 extension to be installed on your server to work. But again, you only need this plugin if you are not using L4dToolz.

Step 2
Now you need to add a Sourcemod plugin that will make those extra player slots useable. For coop, Bebop is popular. For versus, super versus is popular, though you can use it for coop too.

If using Bebop for coop, there are no additional cvar settings required in your server.cfg because the plugin will automatically open player slots equal to the amount you set with l4dToolz.

If using SuperVersus, it has a .cfg file where you set how many player slots you want available for survivors and infected, is using for versus. For coop, the infected slot setting is ignored.

Personally, I use L4Dtoolz because it shows the correct slot count (i.e. 10) in the Steam Group server list allowing the 9th and 10th players to join the server directly without having to use a server browser tool (e.g. HLSW or the built-in L4D2 server browser) and it also removes the lobby reservation.

If, however, you are using the Left4Downtown extension to support some other plugin on your server, then it is better to use the Left4Downtown player slot extension to support the plugin and open up additional player slots. There have been some reports or issues when using L4dToolz and Left4Downtown together.

Best regards,

Patriot
Bibihotz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2013 , 02:50   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you guys problem solved
Bibihotz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2013 , 17:02   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #7

i installed this extention and my server now has 18 slots but only 4 people are able to connect. Why is that happening?
bluebrain
Old 12-30-2013 , 17:03   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #8

guys I have installed L4Dtoolz, server shows up 8/10 in versus mod, but I cant join(I dont want superversus, I want to be able to spectate when server full). is there something that I probably missed? the error says: failed to join session, it has not enought slots

Last edited by bluebrain; 12-30-2013 at 17:34.
noxman
Old 12-31-2013 , 08:48   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebrain View Post
guys I have installed L4Dtoolz, server shows up 8/10 in versus mod, but I cant join(I dont want superversus, I want to be able to spectate when server full). is there something that I probably missed? the error says: failed to join session, it has not enought slots
do you set sv_removehumanlimit "1" in your server.cfg?

Last edited by noxman; 12-31-2013 at 08:48.
bluebrain
Old 12-31-2013 , 10:22   Re: [L4D2] Slots Problem :(
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxman View Post
do you set sv_removehumanlimit "1" in your server.cfg?
yeah I did, but console gives an error saying unkown command. Besides it said that this command is removed.check this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
here is new version for testing. please note that sv_removehumanlimit is no longer needed and it is removed
also when I try to use left4downtown2 ext. it is loaded without error, but "sv_maxplayers" command does not work either.

Last edited by bluebrain; 12-31-2013 at 18:59.