Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

i started to use linux, what means this error logs??

Post New Thread Reply   

Neon123
Old 02-05-2022 , 23:50   i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #1

running hlds i get errors:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

so: centos 7
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-06-2022 , 04:52   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #2

The error explains itself. You are missing the SDL priority manager. I'm unknown to CentOS, so I don't know the package name to install.
You can try
Code:
apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386
Either the package name is correct or it may spit out a name of a package with a similar name and that CAN be the correct one.
As said: I am unknown to CentOS, so you need someone to tell you the correct package name (and to be honest, I don't know if it is apt-get install or yum install or sudo for CentOS) to install. You can also try a CentOS forum for the correct name.

+ARUKARI-
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-06-2022 , 08:01   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #3

Code:
yum install SDL2.i686
Warning will be resolved, but S_API FAIL will probably not be resolved.
My environment is the same, but the server is running fine, so don't worry about it.

六四天安門事件

Last edited by +ARUKARI-; 02-06-2022 at 08:03.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2022 , 16:02   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #4

I can confirm that the [S_API FAIL] will always remain and shouldn't affect your server (at least locally).
Old 02-06-2022 , 17:07   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #5

thanks for the replys, also i have a question, i cant get the server auto-up on so boot with the terminal gui
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2022 , 17:10   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #6

HLDS doesn't have a GUI on Linux. What exactly is your question?
Old 02-06-2022 , 18:12   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #7

terminal gui, not hlds gui, i need to run hlds with terminal console on boot, i tried in rc.local, systemd, and init.d but nothings working

Last edited by Neon123; 02-06-2022 at 18:13.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2022 , 18:32   Re: i started to use linux, what means this error logs??
Reply With Quote #8

HLDS doesn't have a "terminal gui" either. GUI means graphical user interface. Maybe you're just unfamiliar with the terminology.

For HLDS, you'll probably want to run it in some sort of task manager like screen or tmux so that you can access its terminal after it's started. There are some threads on here that discuss this e.g. this one is an example. However, there are several different ways to do start an application on boot and they are well documented (as well as it can be with so many flavors of Linux out there) on the internet.

P.S. You should keep a single through about a single topic. If you have another question, you should first search for what you're looking for (since many of these questions have already been asked) and if you can't find it, create a new thread.

Last edited by fysiks; 02-06-2022 at 18:33.