Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to create .mdl file with text ?

Post New Thread Reply   

wizzkidon
Old 06-03-2022 , 15:24   How to create .mdl file with text ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

I want to create a .mdl file like on photo: click to put on the wall of my maps. (like my server name on the wall). I use In-Game Advertisement plugin.
Anyone know how? I know to use Photoshop, and i have Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer.
brN17
Old 06-03-2022 , 18:43   Re: How to create .mdl file with text ?
Reply With Quote #2

decompile the .mdl with hlmv, edit the texture which corresponds that one just like the way you want, using Photoshop go to Image > Mode > Indexed Colors (or something like that), save as .bmp with same name then re-compile with hlmv that's the way for .mdl files btw, you probably may need to search how to edit textures from .bsp files (maps format)
wizzkidon
Old 06-04-2022 , 04:56   Re: How to create .mdl file with text ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brN17 View Post
decompile the .mdl with hlmv, edit the texture which corresponds that one just like the way you want, using Photoshop go to Image > Mode > Indexed Colors (or something like that), save as .bmp with same name then re-compile with hlmv that's the way for .mdl files btw, you probably may need to search how to edit textures from .bsp files (maps format)
Thank you for your answer, but is not what i want to do. I don't have any .mdl file to decompile it. I want to create one, i mean to make <server name> render on Photshop, after this to make it .mdl file.

In my case: To make this .png render photo to be .mdl file.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2022 , 06:33   Re: How to create .mdl file with text ?
Reply With Quote #4

Find any model that has the dimensions you want and simply apply the texture onto it using Jed's HLMV. There is no decompilation needed. You can directly edit the textures there.