Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SMLIB 0.11 BETA (over 300 Function Stocks) | updated 15.07.2011

Post New Thread Reply   

Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-28-2011 , 03:49   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #21

When using
PHP Code:
stock bool:Effect_DissolvePlayerRagDoll(client
on player_death i get an error pointing out, that the netprop "dissolvetype" doesn't extist on that entity. You may change it to "m_nDissolveType" or use AcceptEntityInput.
I'm testing in CS:S.

I also often use psychonic's improved GetURandomIntRange(min, max) stock you may want to include?

Last edited by Peace-Maker; 01-28-2011 at 04:03.
berni
Old 01-28-2011 , 11:34   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #22

New smlib update available: smlib 0.9.2 beta

Compatibility breaks: none

Changes:

Quote:
Made the argument classname of the Function Entity_FindByName() optional.
Added Function Entity_FindByHammerId()
Added Function Entity_FindByClassName() for completion.
Added Function Math_IsInBounds()
Fixed Function File_LoadTranslations()
Fixed Effect_DissolveEntity() (it used a wrong netprop).
Added parameter dissolveType to Effect_DissolveEntity() and Effect_DissolvePlayerRagDoll()
Fixed some comments.
Added a few missing comments.
Download here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
I noticed that when using:
Client_SetActiveWeapon(client, weapon);
if you set it to knife you do not see it until you fire.
I couldn't reproduce this behavior, it's working fine for me.
Can you post some example code ? thanks.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0

Last edited by berni; 01-28-2011 at 12:39.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2011 , 13:28   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
hehe, not that easy to understand
the function is actually right, the comment is just wrong.
A size parameter isn't needed, since we we would never make the string bigger, it can only get shorter, that's why we take the max value of an unsigned integer.
Oh, I understand it, but it still makes me cringe. It is a bit of a bad practice. However I do see the point of not having another parameter that isn't really needed.

Last edited by naris; 01-28-2011 at 13:41.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2011 , 13:39   Re: SMLIB 0.9.2 BETA (269 Function Stocks) | updated 28.01.2011
Reply With Quote #24

It would be a lot better if "#include <smlib>" was omitted from the includes, especially since most of them don't require anything from the others. It would also be better if those that do require other includes included only the one they specifically need.

That was you could include only those headers that you want to actually use without having to include all 266+ stocks. Even if they don't get used they will still increase compile times.
berni
Old 01-28-2011 , 15:55   Re: SMLIB 0.9.2 BETA (269 Function Stocks) | updated 28.01.2011
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
It would be a lot better if "#include <smlib>" was omitted from the includes, especially since most of them don't require anything from the others. It would also be better if those that do require other includes included only the one they specifically need.

That was you could include only those headers that you want to actually use without having to include all 266+ stocks. Even if they don't get used they will still increase compile times.
They are there because otherwise the IDE / Pawnstudio wouldn't be aware of the other functions and not syntax-highlight them. This does not increase compile time since we are using #define checks to make sure every include file gets only compiled one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
I also often use psychonic's improved GetURandomIntRange(min, max) stock you may want to include?
Thanks, will include this, but a rewritten version, since this one doesn't work 100%.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
berni
Old 01-28-2011 , 16:39   Re: SMLIB 0.9.2 BETA (269 Function Stocks) | updated 28.01.2011
Reply With Quote #26

New smlib update available: smlib 0.9.3 beta

Compatibility breaks: none

Changes:

Quote:
  • Added Function String_StripChatColors() (Original code by Psychonic, thanks)
  • Added Functions Math_GetRandomInt() and Math_GetRandomFloat()
  • Added Functions Math_GetPercentage() and Math_GetPercentageFloat()
Download here.